• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he also was swinging at pitches he had no business swinging at. His pitch selection has been much better during this hot streak. But regardless, what I was saying is you and I and many others had our reasons to be upset at the time. Winning cures all ills.
He will continue to have good streaks and bad ones. The older he gets the less often he will have the good ones.

He had very good health with his legs this year. Those legs will bother him more and more each year I would think. What is important now though is that he is currently going great. They certainly wouldn't be where they are now without his last 10 weeks or so. On the other hand the hole we had to dig ourself out of wouldn't have been so deep had he played better before. I think his season as a whole is the best way to judge him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd start Holland in game one. The splits between RHP and LHP for the jays hitters aren't drastic enough to warrant starting Colby in a park where the ball flies.

Holland
Hamels
Lewis
Perez/Gallardo

I got a hunch Banny goes with Gallardo for the experience and it's hard to argue with that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Murphy. The guy with the worried look

I was never worried in the least, I knew whatever the outcome it couldn't be as bad as yesterdays outcome. :mad2:

My buddy and I took our 3 sons, ages 13, 7, and 5, so I had to at least act calm, cool and collected. Let me tell you how glorious the feeling today was. Awesome day at the ballpark!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd start Holland in game one. The splits between RHP and LHP for the jays hitters aren't drastic enough to warrant starting Colby in a park where the ball flies.

Holland
Hamels
Lewis
Perez/Gallardo

I got a hunch Banny goes with Gallardo for the experience and it's hard to argue with that.
I think he will go with Gallardo also, but I think that is more of the auto managing you have been mentioning lately. I think Gallardo gives up way too many baserunners to have success in the postseason. I am also afraid that if Lewis starts as many as 3 times in the postseason that he will throw at least one real stinker. I have more trust in Perez than either Colby or Gallardo right now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never worried in the least, I knew whatever the outcome it couldn't be as bad as yesterdays outcome. :mad2:

My buddy and I took our 3 sons, ages 13, 7, and 5, so I had to at least act calm, cool and collected. Let me tell you how glorious the feeling today was. Awesome day at the ballpark!
Happy for you being the good dad. Everything to those boys

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will go with Gallardo also, but I think that is more of the auto managing you have been mentioning lately. I think Gallardo gives up way too many baserunners to have success in the postseason. I am also afraid that if Lewis starts as many as 3 times in the postseason that he will throw at least one real stinker. I have more trust in Perez than either Colby or Gallardo right now.

I'm not worried about Colby.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, let me take a moment to give a hearty "FUCK YOU" to Seattle for arranging their rotation so Hernabdez faced us every time, while not facing the Astros at any point down the stretch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta think Napoli will be on the field for at least one if not both of the first two games against Toronto with them likely throwing Price and Beuhrle 1-2.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for you being the good dad. Everything to those boys

Those boys had a great time, the Rangers pulled it out and they each got autographed baseballs and bats by Toby Harrah and Rusty Greer(not that they had a clue who they were). They got to go on the field and through the dugout and tunnel before the game. They got pictures on the field before the game and then got to run the bases after the game. We also saw Darvish in the tunnel before the game. Pretty sweet day! Thanks DT, I might not be the best Dad ever, but I will always try like hell to get to get the 4 votes that count.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

What a great day for all of us. Cole was lights out

The hit to Trout in the 1st and the HR to Pujols and then only one hit the rest of they way, I think. Cole was exactly what we expected him to be when they went out and got him. It was special to watch

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those boys had a great time, the Rangers pulled it out and they each got autographed baseballs and bats by Toby Harrah and Rusty Greer(not that they had a clue who they were). They got to go on the field and through the dugout and tunnel before the game. They got pictures on the field before the game and then got to run the bases after the game. We also saw Darvish in the tunnel before the game. Pretty sweet day! Thanks DT, I might not be the best Dad ever, but I will always try like hell to get to get the 4 votes that count.
I spent every minute with mine and the reward is great

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dumb superstition self refused to watch.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent every minute with mine and the reward is great

I feel pretty certain they feel the same way about their time with you

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty certain they feel the same way about their time with you
I was spending time w Grandsons till I got to where I can hardly walk. Life is hard for me now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That HR to Pujols was really the only mistake Cole made all day, until the 9th when Pujols murdered that foul ball off the facing of the 2nd deck. Fitting that it was foul, cause he was awesome after the 1st

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was spending time w Grandsons till I got to where I can hardly walk. Life is hard for me now.

Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time, DT. Hope you still get time with the grand boys

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holland
Hamels
Lewis
Perez/Gallardo

And Perez has been lights out at home. He has to start one of the home games. He has changed my mind on him in the last month and he has been our 2nd best pitcher down the stretch.