• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Perez has been lights out at home. He has to start one of the home games. He has changed my mind on him in the last month and he has been our 2nd best pitcher down the stretch.

That's a fair thought. I know what banister will likely do, though.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightcrawler! Crawler! what are we going to do. We have got to play The Blue Jays?

This is a terrible draw. The Rangers have a LH pitcher oriented staff ( even more so without Darvish in the mix). The jays typically crush lefties. In addition, the blue jays power numbers have been off the charts all season long, and who is our best righty to match up with them? I love Colby Lewis, but the guy has always been susceptible to the long ball and this isn't a good team or ball park to throw him in.

David Price is one of the best left handed pitchers I've ever seen and he seems to hold a personal grudge against the Rangers. We have faced him two times in the playoffs and succeeded, but I think he will be extra motivated because we've made him look bad so many times before. We have a LH hitter oriented lineup and they have the lefties to neutralize Fielder, Mitch, Choo, and Hamilton.

Finally, I heard the other day that the Rangers have been the 3rd best team in the second half of the season. The only teams that have been better? The Cubs and the Blue Jays. This team is hot, hungry, and desperate for success because they have been out of the playoffs since they last won the World Series. I'm going to watch and cheer for the team, but I'm hoping that we are not running straight into a buzz saw.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am gladly eating crow at this very moment. Admittedly after yesterday's collapse I just couldn't see any team, not just the Rangers, getting off the mat and winning today. I was dead wrong. Cole Hamels really pitched like a rotation anchor today. And the offense finally broke out late.

Did not watch it. Just couldn't get the nerve. Missed a great game I suppose.

Congrats to Texas for showing true grit after a devastating loss. I couldn't see this team winning the West WITH Darvish this year, much less without him.

And now the playoffs! And you know what...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy them. Win or lose. it's all gravy to me now. Whether we make a deep October run, or get bulldozed 3-0 by the Jays, this season has been an overachieving success. Time to smell the roses!

Well done Rangers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a terrible draw. The Rangers have a LH pitcher oriented staff ( even more so without Darvish in the mix). The jays typically crush lefties. In addition, the blue jays power numbers have been off the charts all season long, and who is our best righty to match up with them? I love Colby Lewis, but the guy has always been susceptible to the long ball and this isn't a good team or ball park to throw him in.

David Price is one of the best left handed pitchers I've ever seen and he seems to hold a personal grudge against the Rangers. We have faced him two times in the playoffs and succeeded, but I think he will be extra motivated because we've made him look bad so many times before. We have a LH hitter oriented lineup and they have the lefties to neutralize Fielder, Mitch, Choo, and Hamilton.

Finally, I heard the other day that the Rangers have been the 3rd best team in the second half of the season. The only teams that have been better? The Cubs and the Blue Jays. This team is hot, hungry, and desperate for success because they have been out of the playoffs since they last won the World Series. I'm going to watch and cheer for the team, but I'm hoping that we are not running straight into a buzz saw.

David Price gets the ball for the Jays, and he faces a Rangers team that he’s had more trouble with than any regular opponent over his career, in both the regular season (3-4, 5.15 ERA, .270/.330/.403 slash) and the playoffs (0-3, 4.66 ERA, .296/.305/.444 slash). Elvis Andrus (.429/.535/.429 in 43 regular season plate appearances against Price), Adrian Beltre (.306/.306/.583 in 36 plate appearances), and Mike Napoli (.263/.317/.474 in 41 plate appearances) have also faced Price in a combined five playoff games, hitting safely in all five games (a robust 8 for 21). Shin-Soo Choo is a .316 hitter against Price (though over only 21 plate appearances).

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Price is one of the best left handed pitchers I've ever seen and he seems to hold a personal grudge against the Rangers. We have faced him two times in the playoffs and succeeded, but I think he will be extra motivated because we've made him look bad so many times before.

Although I like Price a lot, he is not in the conversation with "the best left handed pitchers I've ever seen." Surely you're overstating, even for you.

I heard today he's 4-7 lifetime with an ERA of around 5 in his starts against us. This from "one of the best" really?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I like Price a lot, he is not in the conversation with "the best left handed pitchers I've ever seen." Surely you're overstating, even for you.

I heard today he's 4-7 lifetime with an ERA of around 5 in his starts against us. This from "one of the best" really?
Don't think he ever knew Kofax Ford Juan Marachal (sp) or Warren Spann just to mention a few. Still in pampers no doubt.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he ever knew Kofax Ford Juan Marachal (sp) or Warren Spann just to mention a few. Still in pampers no doubt.

Or Randy Johnson, Glavine, and Steve Carlton.....and this takes nothing away from Price being a truly superb pitcher.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Randy Johnson, Glavine, and Steve Carlton.....and this takes nothing away from Price being a truly superb pitcher.
Dang we sure saw some stuff didn't we? And no, not taking anything from Price.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there. Jays fan here. Not here to troll...don't worry. You guys think TEX closes it out today? I think both fan bases are nervous about who they are sending to the hill.

I've been impressed (frustrated) with the bottom of your order, which gave the Jays nightmares the first two games. Those are usually the easy outs...guess not.

Gallardo absolutely owns Toronto. I'd still love to see the Jays get another shot at him though. Anyways, TEX v HOU would be an epic series with bad blood just like TOR v. KC....so as long as one of those matchups takes place, things should be interesting.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there. Jays fan here. Not here to troll...don't worry. You guys think TEX closes it out today? I think both fan bases are nervous about who they are sending to the hill.

I've been impressed (frustrated) with the bottom of your order, which gave the Jays nightmares the first two games. Those are usually the easy outs...guess not.

Gallardo absolutely owns Toronto. I'd still love to see the Jays get another shot at him though. Anyways, TEX v HOU would be an epic series with bad blood just like TOR v. KC....so as long as one of those matchups takes place, things should be interesting.
Gonna say , uh, no lol. Looks like a pitching rematch of game 1. I originally picked TX in 5, felt cocky after game 2, and am in the process of getting my baseball knowledge bitchslapped for it. Hoping Hamels can pull out game 5, gonna be tough up there

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greetings. If it wasn't for Texas I'd probably be rooting for the Jays even though Josh Donaldson can eat a dick :)

That said as long as you aren't trolling and have great and meaningful baseball conversation come join us in the other thread.