• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Akron at Nebraska — 7:00pm CST on FOX

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Zippers still get the 1 mil cut then?

The Huskers are damn lucky Mother Nature stepped in & cancelled the game. I hope my school got the 1m anyway. After all they did have to travel.

And zipper this!

downloadhgfgh.jpg

:D

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskers are damn lucky Mother Nature stepped in & cancelled the game. I hope my school got the 1m anyway. After all they did have to travel.

And zipper this!

View attachment 186099

:D
I’m sure they get paid, all the tickets still were sold out. It’s agonizing waiting over a year for the new season to start and then have the rug pulled out right at the kickoff

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure they get paid, all the tickets still were sold out. It’s agonizing waiting over a year for the new season to start and then have the rug pulled out right at the kickoff

I can understand the excitement of HuskersNation for the season w/ Frost returning. Hopefully he'll be the coach that turns things around. I've always liked the Huskers program.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Akron and/or Nebraska wasn't on board, why did FOX make that announcement? It sounds like someone's wife got involved.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Akron and/or Nebraska wasn't on board, why did FOX make that announcement? It sounds like someone's wife got involved.

From what I gathered Nebraska and FOX were in negotiation to reschedule the game for 10:30 am this morning on FOX affiliate Fox Sports 1 (FS1).

FS1's TV schedule for 10:30 am this morning was "Bundesliga Soccer" until 1:00pm, then "Red Bull Hare Scramble" until 2:00 pm, then a NASCAR pre-race show that starts at 3:00 pm.

Akron did not plan to stay in Lincoln after the game so they didn't book hotels rooms Saturday night. Said hotel rooms were booked by Husker fans to stay overnight after the game. Their plane was sitting on the tarmac waiting to take them back to Ohio after the game.

While Nebraska and Fox were negotiating, Akron had already left the stadium on their way to their plane.
Watching Terry Bowden's pre-game locker room speech to the team you could tell they didn't want to be here. It was a gawd awful speech, not inspiring at all. Without using exact words, he literally told his team the chances of them winning were one in a million.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gathered Nebraska and FOX were in negotiation to reschedule the game for 10:30 am this morning on FOX affiliate Fox Sports 1 (FS1).

FS1's TV schedule for 10:30 am this morning was "Bundesliga Soccer" until 1:00pm, then "Red Bull Hare Scramble" until 2:00 pm, then a NASCAR pre-race show that starts at 3:00 pm.

Akron did not plan to stay in Lincoln after the game so they didn't book hotels rooms Saturday night. Said hotel rooms were booked by Husker fans to stay overnight after the game. Their plane was sitting on the tarmac waiting to take them back to Ohio after the game.

While Nebraska and Fox were negotiating, Akron had already left the stadium on their way to their plane.
Watching Terry Bowden's pre-game locker room speech to the team you could tell they didn't want to be here. It was a gawd awful speech, not inspiring at all. Without using exact words, he literally told his team the chances of them winning were one in a million.
I lol @ our visitors locker room, holes in the walls en sech, Home Depot wire closet shelves

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised they didn't reschedule, Nebraska fans travel from all around that state to go to the games. Can only imagine how pissed they were to travel across the state for no reason.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the 1.7Mil it's still up in the air if Akron will get paid. Nebraska even offered them dorm rooms to use.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Akron gets the full payment. Maybe enough to offset the cost to travel here.

Sounds like if either team needs a 6th win for bowl eligibility it will probably get played in December.

Doubt Iowa State would want to play unless both teams already eligible. Both teams want a home game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Akron gets the full payment. Maybe enough to offset the cost to travel here.

Sounds like if either team needs a 6th win for bowl eligibility it will probably get played in December.

Doubt Iowa State would want to play unless both teams already eligible. Both teams want a home game.

Do you think either can become bowl eligible if they can't find a scrub?

The odds of both being 5-6 are slim but not impossible.

Both teams could be seeking a 6th win for bowl eligibility.

Iowa St Schedule
South Dakota St (Cancelled)
@ Iowa
Oklahoma
Akron
@ TCU
@ Oklahoma St
West Virginia
Bye Week (Oct 20th)
Texas Tech
@ Kansas
Baylor
@ Texas
Kansas St

Nebraska Schedule
Akron (Cancelled)
Colorado
Troy
@ Michigan
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
@ Northwestern
Minnesota
Bye Week (Oct 27th)
@ Ohio St
Illinois
Michigan St
@ Iowa

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think either can become bowl eligible if they can't find a scrub?

The odds of both being 5-6 are slim but not impossible.

Both teams could be seeking a 6th win for bowl eligibility.

Iowa St Schedule
South Dakota St (Cancelled)
@ Iowa
Oklahoma
Akron
@ TCU
@ Oklahoma St
West Virginia
Bye Week (Oct 20th)
Texas Tech
@ Kansas
Baylor
@ Texas
Kansas St

Nebraska Schedule
Akron (Cancelled)
Colorado
Troy
@ Michigan
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
@ Northwestern
Minnesota
Bye Week (Oct 27th)
@ Ohio St
Illinois
Michigan St
@ Iowa
Extra week of practice if not bowl eligable. Opportunity to get bowl eligible. One less week off if already bowl eligible. Only downside would be a big injury. And hell, let's play in Ames. Never had a problem making Trice 70/30 for Nebraska before.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a couple of things, I talked to guy at Runza today that was at the stadium last night. He asked what song was playing during the tunnel walk as it was so loud in the stadium he couldn't hear it. I told him that Dave Wannstedt was talking the whole time so IDK. Next he said he left the stadium at 10:00 and there was no cancellation announcement but then he saw Akron players dressed in suits boarding buses as he left.

Extra week of practice if not bowl eligable. Opportunity to get bowl eligible. One less week off if already bowl eligible. Only downside would be a big injury. And hell, let's play in Ames. Never had a problem making Trice 70/30 for Nebraska before.
It's windy and cold as crap up there later in the Fall, remember the blizzard game of 1988.
https://dataomaha.com/media/husker_history/game-pdf/Nov_05_88.pdf
If fans are going to freeze, it best not be in Ames of all places.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I have went back and still watched the tunnel walk and kickoff on DVR twice already?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. Not only does it make bowl eligibility that much harder but we had recruits visiting right? I doubt it would have a drastic negative affect on them but watching an actual game in that atmosphere could have been a deal maker.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I have went back and still watched the tunnel walk and kickoff on DVR twice already?

What song did they end up playing for the tunnel walk? All I could hear was 90,000 people screaming bloody murder.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What song did they end up playing for the tunnel walk? All I could hear was 90,000 people screaming bloody murder.

It sounded like the same song as before, but the crowd noise made it hard to tell.