• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Ellis is awful

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis came around big time in the playoffs. I predicted that. The guy is a good player.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis came around big time in the playoffs. I predicted that. The guy is a good player.

He was great, his bat was great down the stretch too. Overall, an awful regular season (probably exacerbated by his knee injury) but he showed up when the Dodgers needed him to. A shame Gonzo, Uribe, Dee, Puig were no where to be seen for many of the games.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Martin is still preferable in 2015

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Ellis » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

AJ has rebounded nicely in 2015. 1 WAR from a platooned 34-year-old who was only expected to bring intangibles? I'll take it. wRC+ of 105 is fine by me.

He's useful even when he's not hitting, he always sees a lot of pitches. I heard him say once that he learned how to be patient at the plate because in the minors he was afraid to swing at the ball lol.

Overall, he's nothing special as a starter but he's a great backup catcher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's useful even when he's not hitting, he always sees a lot of pitches. I heard him say once that he learned how to be patient at the plate because in the minors he was afraid to swing at the ball lol.

Overall, he's nothing special as a starter but he's a great backup catcher.

Ok, I take it back, he doesn't actually suck, but he's not really a great backup either. The reason he sees alot of pitches is because pitchers really don't have to pitch to him with the pitcher on deck. While Pederson walked alot early in the season leading off, he took alot of pitches when he was dropped to the eighth spot, because pitchers could try to get him to fish for pitches with the pitcher up next? I'd actually like to see Barnes in there instead of Ellis to see what he can do with some playing time, since the odds are he will be the backup next year, I would think?