• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya said every year. I showed you it wasn’t every year. An I have a hard time believing you were dogs vs Ohio state in 16. A very hard time.

Perception is absolutely important when you are on the bubble and don’t play in a shit conference that allows you to walk through. An congrats to the acc for having two teams out of 14 that could actually be close to the playoffs.

Yes I remember when the Line was set in 16. I was pretty shocked cause I had no confidence in our team that year. Our O line was suspect and Clemsons d line was insane that year. Felt like maybe Vegas was taking advantage of the large Ohio State following that year

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I remember when the Line was set in 16. I was pretty shocked cause I had no confidence in our team that year. Our O line was suspect and Clemsons d line was insane that year. Felt like maybe Vegas was taking advantage of the large Ohio State following that year

Gotcha, I don’t know why I figured they were favorites in both those games.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, a team from this trash conference beat the Buckeyes a few years ago, the same team hung with Southern Cal during their championship season, another team has won a couple of national championships here recently, and played in a couple more, and oh yeah I thought Wake Forest won the ACC a few years back. Ohio State player Florida AM, Buffalo, Cal, and San Diego State one season. Pretty much cyclical.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Boston College was beating you like you owed them money until you got lucky due to inclement weather.
Now forgive me as I'm getting up there in years and have smoked my fair share of doobies...but I could have sworn I saw the inclement weather happening to both teams on the field in that game...right?

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now forgive me as I'm getting up there in years and have smoked my fair share of doobies...but I could have sworn I saw the inclement weather happening to both teams on the field in that game...right?
He meant the game was canceled while they were playing, and winning, due to bad storms. The game didn’t count. So maybe you didn’t see it?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People always trash talk the ACC and then the ACC is one of the best conferences come bowl season. It's pretty simple.

Not counting Clemson, the ACC was 4-5 in bowl games each of the past two seasons.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close enough that VT could be .500. The Pac's best OCC win is 7-4 Hawaii, who is 2-1 agianst Pac-12 teams.

Second best is probably the two wins against 6-4 BYU, which was 1-2 vs the Pac this year.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say it goes in cycles. Remember when South Carolina lost to the Citadel, Florida lost to GA Southern, Arkansas lost to Toledo, Tennessee lost to GA State, Michigan lost to App State, VT lost to JMU and Old Dominion, Iowa lost to Central Michigan, Penn State lost to Temple, etc. You get the idea. It happens. When the season is done, there might be an ACC team, not Clemson, ranked. Low, but ranked. There are down years, and this is probably the most down the ACC has been. Only way to go is up.