• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Schedule is out

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it has.. I get to watch Texas vs San Jose St or Louisiana Tech without having to order PPV like ou does for their games vs Army. I also get to watch all Texas Baseball, basketball, volleyball games and one my favorites, track and field.

They carry conference media days and behind the scenes footage during the season as well. Again just because you think it's an epic failure doesn't mean it is. You say ESPN is hemorrhaging for money, but they seem content with the channel since it hasn't been pulled off the air yet.

I can only imagine how much more money ESPN will lose once they figure out how to win again?

So you can watch every UT game, just like 75% of the rest of the P5 programs. Cool.

And yes, it is an epic failure. ESPN is losing a shit ton of money on it. That means it's a failure. It's great for couple thousand Texas fans that watch it(we don't know the exact numbers because it's not even a Neilsen rated station, it gets such low numbers).

Although I can understand why being able to watch Texas vs Kansas is important since that's been such a competitive game the last 4 years. Don't wanna be able to miss that on LHN.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can watch every UT game, just like 75% of the rest of the P5 programs. Cool.

And yes, it is an epic failure. ESPN is losing a shit ton of money on it. That means it's a failure. It's great for couple thousand Texas fans that watch it(we don't know the exact numbers because it's not even a Neilsen rated station, it gets such low numbers).

Although I can understand why being able to watch Texas vs Kansas is important since that's been such a competitive game the last 4 years. Don't wanna be able to miss that on LHN.
that's that the channel was for.. for UT fans to watch no? And yes we get to watch games vs Kansas.. And still getting paid atleast as much as ND is.. as a third tier. Don't get mad that ESPN paid a lot of 3rd tier rights..I'm sure they are happy with the 1 and 2 agreements they have with the Big 12 too...

I personally don't care if ESPN is losing money, but with them buying up other tier 3 rights in the Big 12, I'm sure they aren't living on skid row anytime soon.

But hey keep logging online to watch ND in field hockey?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW 2016 Kansas did something ND couldn't do that season, beat Texas. Actually a lot of teams did what Kansas did..just not ND

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's that the channel was for.. for UT fans to watch no? And yes we get to watch games vs Kansas.. And still getting paid atleast as much as ND is.. as a third tier. Don't get mad that ESPN paid a lot of 3rd tier rights..I'm sure they are happy with the 1 and 2 agreements they have with the Big 12 too...

I personally don't care if ESPN is losing money, but with them buying up other tier 3 rights in the Big 12, I'm sure they aren't living on skid row anytime soon.

But hey keep logging online to watch ND in field hockey?

I'm not mad. I'm laughing at you thinking LHN has been some sort of success? I don't care that ESPN is losing money either, but the fact is they are. Like I said good on UT for getting that money. And the couple thousand that watch it.

And I'm not really worried about ND field hockey. Hell I can get 85 percent of ND football games with an antenna for free.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad. I'm laughing at you thinking LHN has been some sort of success? I don't care that ESPN is losing money either, but the fact is they are. Like I said good on UT for getting that money. And the couple thousand that watch it.

And I'm not really worried about ND field hockey. Hell I can get 85 percent of ND football games with an antenna for free.
Again how hasn't it NOT been a success for a UT fan's perspective.. I can literally walk from my office to my living room and turn on a rebroadcast of a UT win over ou back in 2008. Right now it sucks with no live sports being played in college atm. Guess we'll see how it goes forward in a couple of years when the new TV contracts are in negotiations.. will ESPN pay them out to make it a conference channel? Who knows, but shit has been a success for Texas.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again how hasn't it NOT been a success for a UT fan's perspective.. I can literally walk from my office to my living room and turn on a rebroadcast of a UT win over ou back in 2008. Right now it sucks with no live sports being played in college atm. Guess we'll see how it goes forward in a couple of years when the new TV contracts are in negotiations.. will ESPN pay them out to make it a conference channel? Who knows, but shit has been a success for Texas.

Yes, for the couple thousand of you that watch it's been good for you. Overall it's been a disaster and an epic failure. It pretty much has been since the NCAA wouldn't allow HS football to be broadcast.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW 2016 Kansas did something ND couldn't do that season, beat Texas. Actually a lot of teams did what Kansas did..just not ND

Yeah ND sucked that season, but at least it lead ND to canning everyone. 3 years, a CFP appearance and 33 wins later, we're doin alright.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ND sucked that season, but at least it lead ND to canning everyone. 3 years, a CFP appearance and 33 wins later, we're doin alright.
Yep on the road back to glory like it's 88!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can do that on YouTube too thefty!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule finalized. Going to be really weird playing UVA in week 2. Good news is the odds of us having to get our ass beat by Clemson is pretty low. Season will be scrapped well before then. Haha.

EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule finalized. Going to be really weird playing UVA in week 2. Good news is the odds of us having to get our ass beat by Clemson is pretty low. Season will be scrapped well before then. Haha.

EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9
Looks like the ACC should make Liberty an honorary member this year.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9
I could still see the best team in the country tripping up in one of the last 4 games with ND, FSU, Pitt and VT. to your point, weird not playing UVA the week of Thxgiving.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9
I could still see the best team in the country tripping up in one of the last 4 games with ND, FSU, Pitt and VT. to your point, weird not playing UVA the week of Thxgiving.
Agreed. Playing you that early just feels weird. Playing Boston College for the final regular season game just doesn't feel right.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Playing you that early just feels weird. Playing Boston College for the final regular season game just doesn't feel right.

Did they ever give a reasoning for that? Obviously they want it to happen but it seems silly to make it that if they plan on getting the whole season through. Seems as silly as Ohio State and Michigan meeting in October.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they ever give a reasoning for that? Obviously they want it to happen but it seems silly to make it that if they plan on getting the whole season through. Seems as silly as Ohio State and Michigan meeting in October.
Haven't heard anything but my only guess is they wanted to play these games early due to COVID as to perhaps get a leg up from a recruiting aspect in the Commonwealth (757, Nova, RVA, etc).