• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Toughest Schedule Rankings

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be very interesting to see how the committee ranks teams moving forward with the 12 team playoff and the new conferences. The Big Ten and SEC are going to play significantly more difficult schedules than the ACC and Big 12 teams. How are they going to rank a 9-3/8-4 team from the Big Ten vs. a 10-2 team from the Big 12/ACC.

If the Big Ten and SEC feel like they are being punished for playing tougher schedules, major changes will occur in 2026 when they playoff has to be renegotiated.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be very interesting to see how the committee ranks teams moving forward with the 12 team playoff and the new conferences. The Big Ten and SEC are going to play significantly more difficult schedules than the ACC and Big 12 teams. How are they going to rank a 9-3/8-4 team from the Big Ten vs. a 10-2 team from the Big 12/ACC.

If the Big Ten and SEC feel like they are being punished for playing tougher schedules, major changes will occur in 2026 when they playoff has to be renegotiated.
Yeah it will be. I get the feeling alot of schools arent going to be going for these tougher kick off classic games that basically knock them out of the playoffs early on or make it to where they cant have a 2nd loss and still make it. These schedules are made in advanced but look at missouri, ole miss, ohio st. the non conference is pretty non-existent. You cant do anything about who you draw on the conference schedule but create the easiest non conference path to being undefeated seems the way to go. I would like to see USC get out of the yearly Notre Dame game. 0 reason to continue when other teams are playing cupcakes in non conference.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it will be. I get the feeling alot of schools arent going to be going for these tougher kick off classic games that basically knock them out of the playoffs early on or make it to where they cant have a 2nd loss and still make it. These schedules are made in advanced but look at missouri, ole miss, ohio st. the non conference is pretty non-existent. You cant do anything about who you draw on the conference schedule but create the easiest non conference path to being undefeated seems the way to go. I would like to see USC get out of the yearly Notre Dame game. 0 reason to continue when other teams are playing cupcakes in non conference.

That's possible. However, I think a lot of that will depend on how the committee handles SOS differences.