• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I can't tell if Jedster is for real.
Not sure what you mean...I am for real, tell me what I am so wrong about?......"Real" meaning "reality"? or just homerism......I am not afraid to call things as I see them.

When am I for real?.....when they are 1-6......or 2-7?.....whether you believe it or not our division is getting better. Sure, you can say the Bears are the Bears, but when does reality set in....when you are behind 3 or 4 games in the division and you have to go undefeated just to catch up? The Bears are not the "Lovey" Bears anymore. Detroit is not a pushover anymore, so when is it time to get serious? Tell me that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really look at things objectively, the Bears are the best team in the division......and I am sorry, 10 wins might not get you into the playoffs in the NFC.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks to be 1-2 but the Packers lost two close games on the road to playoff teams. Your overreaction is kind of ridiculous.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks to be 1-2 but the Packers lost two close games on the road to playoff teams. Your overreaction is kind of ridiculous.
OK I won't mention it again.....spotting teams three wins and expecting to catch up to them is a reasonable thing I guess.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...no need to worry...we are 1-2....and 2 games down in the division....no problems.

Go look at the packers record last year at this time and how far down in the division we were? You will see it was the same as we have today/

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at the packers record last year at this time and how far down in the division we were? You will see it was the same as we have today/

Chi & Det are better then last year, but I agree it's to early to panic.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

I have Packers starting 3-3 and still getting to 11 wins as their schedule is front loaded. That should be enough to make it to playoffs, even if it is wildcard. This team is battling injuries right now... if they can stay healthy I think they get on roll middle/end of season.

Defense was dominant today after 1st series until Clay got hurt. Second half they were without their best defensive player and 2 quality starters in secondary. Hopefully all 3 are back in 2 weeks.

Packers have also found a running game last 2 weeks... this season could come together very nicely if avoid injuries.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out costly problems isn't panicking. Rodgers is struggling when defenses adjust and he's getting hit. They aren't calling plays to help him get the ball out of his hands. It's a problem that will only get worse. He threw two completely out of the ordinary picks yesterday and he's utterly frustrated.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out costly problems isn't panicking. Rodgers is struggling when defenses adjust and he's getting hit. They aren't calling plays to help him get the ball out of his hands. It's a problem that will only get worse. He threw two completely out of the ordinary picks yesterday and he's utterly frustrated.

:agree:

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were calling plays to get the ball out quickly and 2 were INT's and many others were batted down. On cobb he pumped a quick out and lobbed it for the double move. The defender stuck to him like glue. Holding it a second longer he would have seen that. He gambled and lost.

The Jones one, was a quick hitter, jones broke off the slant and that's what happens when you do that, INT. There were more than a couple quick hitters batted at the line.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG... Rodgers has played on the road against two of the best defenses in the league... and he still has a passer rating over 105. Rodgers is a major strength on this team, not a weakness. So yes, complaining that he didn't play perfectly against two of the best defenses in the NFL sounds an awful lot like panicking. At the very best it's being needlessly negative.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always funny when people having an overly emotional reaction claim they are "being realistic"

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers are my 2nd favorite team as I now live in Racine, WI

They will do better than 8-8 but I do disagree with having the best QB in the league, dont want to troll or upset anyone cause i love the PACK, my wife is a die hard pack fan but Manning is the best of the best last year and this year, after Manning retires then I agree it is all Rodgers... I am mainly putting Manning above Rodgers because of his ability to read a defense and is a mastermind at the game. They both put up about the same numbers so in that category they are probably equal but being able to read a defense every snap and audible / fake audible every down completely tires and frustrates the defense.... Now with that said, lets get the PACK back on track, calm down on the field a little and the O line must step up more. Franklin looks to me like the go to guy, I knew it as soon as he was drafted !!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers are my 2nd favorite team as I now live in Racine, WI

They will do better than 8-8 but I do disagree with having the best QB in the league, dont want to troll or upset anyone cause i love the PACK, my wife is a die hard pack fan but Manning is the best of the best last year and this year, after Manning retires then I agree it is all Rodgers... I am mainly putting Manning above Rodgers because of his ability to read a defense and is a mastermind at the game. They both put up about the same numbers so in that category they are probably equal but being able to read a defense every snap and audible / fake audible every down completely tires and frustrates the defense.... Now with that said, lets get the PACK back on track, calm down on the field a little and the O line must step up more. Franklin looks to me like the go to guy, I knew it as soon as he was drafted !!

I was having this same discussion (Manning vs. any other QB) earlier this week. IMO, and in the opinion of many, Manning is playing like the very best QB in the league right now, and should be in the discussion for possibly the best QB to have ever played the game. There's no doubt he's in the top three to ever play the game, IMO, and this is not a knock on any other QB - including Rodgers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having this same discussion (Manning vs. any other QB) earlier this week. IMO, and in the opinion of many, Manning is playing like the very best QB in the league right now, and should be in the discussion for possibly the best QB to have ever played the game. There's no doubt he's in the top three to ever play the game, IMO, and this is not a knock on any other QB - including Rodgers.

I can agree with one of the best ever... but not the best ever. Too many times fizzled out in the playoffs, great regular season QB, average post season QB.

Need to show me more in the post season IMO to be the best ever.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with one of the best ever... but not the best ever. Too many times fizzled out in the playoffs, great regular season QB, average post season QB.

Need to show me more in the post season IMO to be the best ever.

Postseason is more about the total team than it is the quarterback. Peyton is the best quarterback that I've personally witnessed, and that does go back to Montana in his prime. Obviously just my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Postseason is more about the total team than it is the quarterback. Peyton is the best quarterback that I've personally witnessed, and that does go back to Montana in his prime. Obviously just my opinion.

Here are some items regarding his Post season>
- He has made post season 12 times in career. 8 times he was 1 and one.
- 5 of the times he exited post season in first game was at home.
- He had stigma he could not beat Brady... finally did only year won Super Bowl.
- Had stigma could not beat SD in playoffs... never did.
- Huge turnover to very poor Saints defense in Super Bowl to seal win for Saints
- 120 yards of offense vs Jets in 2010 first half... 3 and out first 4-5 series in game. At end of game when finally moved ball better always settled for FGs... lost to Mark Sanchez
- First 3 postseason games very forgetable... 1 TD and 2 interceptions.
- His interception rate really increases in post season play.

I am not denying he is one of the best ever... but he does falter in the post season IMO.

Even last year vs Baltimore he had very below average game vs a not very good Baltimore defense with 2 interceptions and sub 90 rating. Denver looked better than they were because of kick/punt returns.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, so than you go and list a bunch of things that had more to do with the team and list a handful of plays out of a whole lotta games. Peyton plays above average in the playoffs just like Tom Brady who I don't hear you calling a choker.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, so than you go and list a bunch of things that had more to do with the team and list a handful of plays out of a whole lotta games. Peyton plays above average in the playoffs just like Tom Brady who I don't hear you calling a choker.

Never called Peyton a choker, you are going to have to find where I said that for me because I do not see it. I still think he is one of the greatest... just not the greatest ever (for now).

IMO he is not the greatest ever because of his post season performance. To me the fact he is only 6-5 at home in playoffs is a big black mark on his postseason resume and is still stuck with 1 Super Bowl title.

Peyton needs another Super Bowl ring IMO to be potentially considered greatest ever... my list would start with Montana and Brady.

Many of the other greats have much better home playoff records as well.. Brady 11-3, Favre 9-3, Elway 7-2, Marino 7-3, Young 7-3, Brees 4-1... heck even McNabb was 6-2 who I do not consider one of the greats.