• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack Talk 2014

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said the guy has been perfect. I was the biggest opponent of the fister trade. I hated contracts he gave to bonderman, robertson, willis, fielder, guiilen etc. His good moves have outnumbered his bad by quite a large margin which is why the tigers have been relevant for eight years now.

You are increasingly showing how little you know about DD, again, feel free to pull up all DD's trades in his tenure in Detroit. You minus the couple of gifts his buddy Loria gave to him and it just makes it 10 times worse. Most of trades were worthless. His use of the huge budget? again, Theo won 2 rings with a budget like that and plenty of teams with less a budget and now even has a chance soon to show what he can do from scratch with the Cubs, without the best hitter in the game nor best pitcher in the game.

Any Gm could have done what DD has done with the same tools, except maybe get the Miggy, Infante and Sanchez gifts from his old boss.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
melky fills the last outfielder spot for the white sox. this team is really starting to get me excited

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
melky fills the last outfielder spot for the white sox. this team is really starting to get me excited

Made great moves this off season. They should over pay Chase Headley and fill out the lineup and infield defense.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit team beats a Minnesota team today...... happens a lot.

Lions take the lead in the NFC North.
new O cordantor Lombardi sucks. 1 throw to calvin in the first half!!!!
Vikings have a good defense. so do the Lions.

Big show down in cheese head land in 2 weeks.....

BUT just another example of how teams from Michigan get hosed.... why o why. do the Lions always have to go to green bay to play the packers IN green Bay???? why do the packers always get the home game late in the year???? why cant the packers host the Lions for the first meeting in Green Bay??????? because...the NFL always makes sure the Packers get home game late when it counts!!!!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once aqain a Detroit team has to make sure this region is not a total losers.... wheather it be the Tigers or red wings or Lions!
the Lions were the only NFC North team to win today!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made great moves this off season. They should over pay Chase Headley and fill out the lineup and infield defense.

I think they are going to give Micah Johnson a shot 2nd and I don't mind gillspie at 3rd. sale and Abreu's contracts have really helped this offseason. sox are getting both at an absolute bargain opening up managements wallets

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT just another example of how teams from Michigan get hosed.... why o why. do the Lions always have to go to green bay to play the packers IN green Bay???? why do the packers always get the home game late in the year???? why cant the packers host the Lions for the first meeting in Green Bay??????? because...the NFL always makes sure the Packers get home game late when it counts!!!!!!

BAWWWW.jpg

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, three of the last five 2nd meetings between the teams have been in Detroit.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam pulling for the lions to.....

lot of talk how the pale hosers have got muchbetter....and a threat in the AL Central.
I don't see it. Tigers still the clear choice. Royals a distant 2nd.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carefull Doug, Pale hosers already have a better pitching staff now with Sale/Samardzija/quintana/Robertson, and look much better at SS and C with 3b and OF a push.

The Sox all of a sudden became dangerous. Still wondering how Detroit let Robertson get by them as well as A. Miller, unless they are going to try and steal Clippard from WAS.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you not say the Lions would dominate the Vikes? I know you only talk about the 1 or 2 things you get right not the 98 or 99 you get wrong.

Love your comments on the scheduling

2013 schedule.
Week 5 : Oct 6th Detroit at Green Bay
Week 13 : Nov 28th Green Bay at Detroit

Looks like you are right on again dougie ol' friend...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rios...... 4 homers...... 521 plate appearances..... Draws more walks than Cespedes though.

How annoyed are you Moose? Bums, where's Aoki going?

MotownMagic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Started on this site so help me out fellas.

First thing I want to say is that My Tigers biggest competition this year will be the Indians/Whitesoxs

With the Loss (as of now) of James Shields you have to take away around 5-10 forsure wins from Big Game.

Also I love the trade between The Red Soxs (Cespedes) and Detroit (Porcello) but I hated the trade to the Reds for Simon. I watched the prospect they sent to the Reds and he was throwing 93 and had a great breaking ball in single A. I see him as getting good either in their rotation or bullpen for the Reds.(Jonathon Crawford)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Started on this site so help me out fellas.

First thing I want to say is that My Tigers biggest competition this year will be the Indians/Whitesoxs

With the Loss (as of now) of James Shields you have to take away around 5-10 forsure wins from Big Game.

Also I love the trade between The Red Soxs (Cespedes) and Detroit (Porcello) but I hated the trade to the Reds for Simon. I watched the prospect they sent to the Reds and he was throwing 93 and had a great breaking ball in single A. I see him as getting good either in their rotation or bullpen for the Reds.(Jonathon Crawford)

lol

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rios...... 4 homers...... 521 plate appearances..... Draws more walks than Cespedes though.

How annoyed are you Moose? Bums, where's Aoki going?

$11m.....just horrible, he better rebound in a big way. Can't believe $10m for Butler is looking good now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest part is we didn't even really need a fulltime RF'er, a platoon scab would have been fine for a year with Dyson manning CF vs RHP.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10M to Butler looks smarter than what we gave Morales. Back on the fire Dayton bandwagon.

Morales looks great compared to this Rios signing. We could have spent the $11m on a starting pitcher. Can't wait to see what they do, unless they think that Pino kid is the golden arm nobody saw coming, lol.