• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

79 - 99 Bucket NFL Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every drafted player must have played in their first game between 1979 - 1999

You must select 3 players from each division.

Each player must have played FIVE seasons with the team you draft them to represent.

You CANNOT use the same team twice.

NFC North
Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

NFC East
Philadelphia, Washington, Dallas, N.Y. Giants

NFC South
Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans

NFC West
Arizona, Seattle, L.A. Rams, San Francisco

AFC North
Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore

AFC East
New England, Miami, Buffalo, N.Y. Jets

AFC South
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Indianapolis

AFC West
Oakland, SAN DIEGO Chargers, Denver, Kansas City

You are able to trade Picks, Players

You are NOT able to trade Buckets

You will draft

Offense : QB, RB, FB, 3 WR, TE, 5 OL
Defense : 4 DL, 3 LB, 3 CB, 2 S

You can draft 2 WR, 2 TE
As usual you can do a 3 - 4 defense.

Who's In?
Nos
UK
Femur
Shane
WLK
Milk
Bolts
Stoke

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously why not a college football draft? Best college football players of all time. Guys great in college but didn't pan out in NFL. (Every penn state running back)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question is does everyone know enough about college football to draft and be able to vote? I mean we did an NHL draft but if everyone is cool with college FB i'm okay wit it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, actually. It's a knock off on an earlier idea for basketball that never came to fruition. Basically, we each get 1 player on offense and 1 player on defense to build around. These players can be repeated, so everyone could have Montana and LT, for example. I am not sure whether it would be better to announce your "franchise" players at the beginning or at the end. I think I am leaning towards the end, so you can let the draft come to you and use the Franchise guys to cover your holes. We could also put restrictions on things, whether it be a cap (using pro bowls) or year time frames or however.

I was thinking about it when the original idea came up for basketball, with everyone building around Jordan. Except with football, there will be a wider variety of players.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also say this, I don't know nearly as much about college football as I do any professional sport. But i'm willing to do a college draft.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, actually. It's a knock off on an earlier idea for basketball that never came to fruition. Basically, we each get 1 player on offense and 1 player on defense to build around. These players can be repeated, so everyone could have Montana and LT, for example. I am not sure whether it would be better to announce your "franchise" players at the beginning or at the end. I think I am leaning towards the end, so you can let the draft come to you and use the Franchise guys to cover your holes. We could also put restrictions on things, whether it be a cap (using pro bowls) or year time frames or however.

I was thinking about it when the original idea came up for basketball, with everyone building around Jordan. Except with football, there will be a wider variety of players.

Does this mean a single player can be drafted multiple times?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A college football draft would be very tough, especially when it comes to voting. You can say "based on their college career only" until you are blue in the face, but are people really going to look up stats for Joe Greene and Dick Butkus and such? If someone drafts Tom Brady or Terrell Davis (or even Joe Montana), will EVERYONE dock points since their college careers were much worse than their pro careers?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean a single player can be drafted multiple times?
No... the draft will run as always. If we name our Franchise players at the end, say, you will be naming someone who has already been drafted by a different team.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... the draft will run as always. If we name our Franchise players at the end, say, you will be naming someone who has already been drafted by a different team.

Pretend if you can i'm really dumb (difficult I know) but I don't get it, sounds like a normal draft but we name a franchise player, what would that do?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretend if you can i'm really dumb (difficult I know) but I don't get it, sounds like a normal draft but we name a franchise player, what would that do?
It basically is, except that franchise player is someone who plays for a different team also. So, we're cloning them and they play on multiple teams. So, we do a draft except for 2 roster spots, 1 on O and 1 on D. We then, name ANYBODY that is not already on our team for those last 2 spots.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also say this, I don't know nearly as much about college football as I do any professional sport. But i'm willing to do a college draft.

Something Nos claims he doesn't know about that should be the deciding factor that college football is the next draft.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to find more drafts femur and I can take Bo Jackson in.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It basically is, except that franchise player is someone who plays for a different team also. So, we're cloning them and they play on multiple teams. So, we do a draft except for 2 roster spots, 1 on O and 1 on D. We then, name ANYBODY that is not already on our team for those last 2 spots.

So and i'm sorry for not following along but with my last two picks I could say my franchise players are John Elway and Howie Long and it doesn't matter that they had been drafted I still have them?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So and i'm sorry for not following along but with my last two picks I could say my franchise players are John Elway and Howie Long and it doesn't matter that they had been drafted I still have them?

Yes, and it is not stealing. There will be multiple versions of them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise draft that we did a few months ago was a lot of fun... If we do that one again, but take away the huge FLAW of that draft it would feel new and be good...

So this is my proposal, and it is stealing the draft that we have done already- but i will change it slightly- just to be fun...

24 rounds- 12 offense-12 defense- HOWEVER you want to do it(EXCEPT NICKEL)- fine you can use nickel
the player pool is 1960-2000(FOR ALL PLAYERS-EVEN YOUR FRANCHISES)

You get 2 franchises- based on who you draft... your 2 franchises have to be determined by round 6.... no 2 owners can have the same franchise...

you can only own 4 players from EACH of your franchises

you draft 2 players from EVERY division...Teams are irrelevant

Players are only eligible for the team they play the most games with...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for a college draft, by the way. I was just throwing out alternative ideas.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two suggestions

A 1985-2005 salary cap draft $1 per pro bowl

A divisions draft, 3 players from each division, can't take two from one team

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to do a college draft but I absolutely agree with Femur, a players pro career will be taken into consideration when voting. So if we do a NFL draft i'm up for whatever you all decide, again I do like the salary cap drafts.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise draft that we did a few months ago was a lot of fun... If we do that one again, but take away the huge FLAW of that draft it would feel new and be good...

So this is my proposal, and it is stealing the draft that we have done already- but i will change it slightly- just to be fun...

24 rounds- 12 offense-12 defense- HOWEVER you want to do it(EXCEPT NICKEL)- fine you can use nickel
the player pool is 1960-2000(FOR ALL PLAYERS-EVEN YOUR FRANCHISES)

You get 2 franchises- based on who you draft... your 2 franchises have to be determined by round 6.... no 2 owners can have the same franchise...

you can only own 4 players from EACH of your franchises

you draft 2 players from EVERY division...Teams are irrelevant

Players are only eligible for the team they play the most games with...

You must have thought we couldn't use nickel last draft :suds: