• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, call me crazy, but I do think this is a must win game.

For Indiana.

If they have any desire to win this series, they had better do it before game 7. Because chances of them beating LeBron in Cleveland in game 7 are slim.

If Cleveland is able to win today, I give them about a 75% chance to take the series. If Indiana wins, they will have about an 85-90% chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie has a really good shot of getting there based on his overall resume to date, but he has a lot more work to do.

And you are correct. There are quite a few players better than Kyrie. That said, most of the don't have a ring. That counts for a lot even though he was Robin.
I would say Kyrie def. would if he was fully healthy- but at some point having 3 knee surgeries on the same knee at the age of 26 might catch up with a guy---- and its not like Kyrie a is Rose or Wall or Westbrook level athlete. His shooting should sustain him for a long time but if he loses some athleticism his going-to-the-rim days might not last as long as thy would have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Indiana.

If they have any desire to win this series, they had better do it before game 7. Because chances of them beating LeBron in Cleveland in game 7 are slim.

If Cleveland is able to win today, I give them about a 75% chance to take the series. If Indiana wins, they will have about an 85-90% chance.

For Indiana.

yah - whoever wins this game is going to win the series I would say.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than LeBron who will show up for the Cavs tonight?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah - whoever wins this game is going to win the series I would say.

I said something similar to @tlance earlier in this thread. It's the way the playoffs goes. Right now, the Pacers are in full control of the series. Win today an you go up 3-1 and have 3 chances at knocking Lebron out of the playoffs. Lose, and Cleveland has regained HCA back and you (the Pacers) have to win again on the road. Also, Lebron's not losing game 7 in Cleveland.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his apex, Rose never had the opportunity to win a ring. HOF is based on individual credentials for the most part. Rose had a league MVP in his name, Kyrie didn't. Again, before the knee injuries Rose was considered one of the best players in the league and HOF bound.

This really doesn't require another response.
But I'll respond anyway, because I can.

We've already established rings don't really matter for HOF considerations, I mentioned Kyrie's to help put this in perspective: how can you use player A (Rose) as the standard when player B (Kyrie) has already surpassed player A??
Again, this is a bad example from you.
This doesn't require a response.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Pacers up 3-1 after tonight” (my gut talking)
“No way LeBron goes down 3-1” ( my brain)

Always go with your gut.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've already established rings don't really matter for HOF considerations, I mentioned Kyrie's to help put this in perspective: how can you use player A (Rose) as the standard when player B (Kyrie) has already surpassed player A??

Who has established that?

Rings absolutely matter.

Players like James Worthy, Kevin McHale, James Parish and Dennis Rodman were all very good players, but they aren't sniffing the Hall if they played on teams that never won championships.

There are many considerations for the HOF. If you don't win, you had better be an MVP caliber player. Westbrook, Harden, Ewing, Malone, etc.

But, there are many second and third option type players from championship teams that make it.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really not. Both players are injury prone and both are not in the hall. The one difference is that Irving still has a chance.

Glad to see you're making an argument out of nothing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has established that?

Rings absolutely matter.

Players like James Worthy, Kevin McHale, James Parish and Dennis Rodman were all very good players, but they aren't sniffing the Hall if they played on teams that never won championships.

There are many considerations for the HOF. If you don't win, you had better be an MVP caliber player. Westbrook, Harden, Ewing, Malone, etc.

But, there are many second and third option type players from championship teams that make it.

Yeah, they're not the end all be all, but having rings definitely helps one's cause.

The argument originated from someone saying Kyrie Irving is HOF bound - then someone else said not yet. I chimed in saying that as long as Irving stays his course and remains healthy, he should be fine. But to not jump in and immediately throw Kyrie in the hall just yet because people were starting to do that with Rose (whom has an MVP while Kyrie doesn't). That was merely my argument, but apparently that's a shit example.