• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his strategy is to put names in a hat, pull the names of the guys that will be playing--- then put the names in the hat- and the first 4 guys plus LeBron that he pulls out are the starters

he then puts numbers from 1-35 in a hat--- and then depending on what number he pulls determines how many minutes that guy is playing that game.

And the REALLY lucky guys like Jeff Green or TT or Love or etc... have multiple positions put in a hat--- for Green its SG, SF or PF or C, for Love PF or C, etc... and that determines what position they will play

So...Lue pulls Jeff Greens name, then pulls out either starting or bench from the hat, then how many minutes he is going to play from the hat- and then what position he will play from the hat.

Its a really great way to coach

no one knows if they are starting or coming off the bench, what position they are playing, who they are playing with, or how many minutes they are playing until game time. NBA players LOVE having no fucking clue what hteir role is going to be a nightly basis.

and oh yah-- Rodney Hood has no marbles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he has a choice? He could no-show and mail it in since he's gone in the summer be he WON'T.

Superstars don't go out like bitches.
uhh did you see game 5 vs. Boston last time lebron left? lol

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all if James goes for 40-plus, 12, and 12 today. Or something similar to that.

Not at all. He's going to bring it today.
LeBron better "bring it today". The Cavs don't want to go down 3-1.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly what i was saying when i said "he didn't have a choice"...

everybody got it but Deej...

James isn't the only player that needs to step up. If he can get more than 8-10 shots, Love is more than capable of helping James out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron better "bring it today". The Cavs don't want to go down 3-1.

The Cavs are shit w/o LeBron, they wouldn't even make the playoffs. How many games do you think the Cavs win if they had KD or Steph instead of the only player in the league trying to pretend he ain't bald?

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are shit w/o LeBron, they wouldn't even make the playoffs. How many games do you think the Cavs win if they had KD or Steph instead of the only player in the league trying to pretend he ain't bald?
Yeah good point and I think LeBron knowing that the Cavs won't get him any help, will walk in the off season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Chris Paul

All of them are EASILY ahead of Irving in HoF consideration.

I think Kyrie has a really good shot of getting there based on his overall resume to date, but he has a lot more work to do.

And you are correct. There are quite a few players better than Kyrie. That said, most of the don't have a ring. That counts for a lot even though he was Robin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the GM have to do with hiring the coach who doesn't know how to manage a rotation?

:L

LeBron has certainly had a say on personnel in Cleveland. But this ain't no handpicked roster. People who keep saying that are flat out wrong.

For one thing, the Cavs cap situation has prevented them from competing in the free agent market. They are only planks to get vets willing to play for MLE or less. Those guys are not handpicked players.

Secondly, if LeBron were actually calling the shots, there is a zero percent chance he would have held on to that Nets pick at the trade deadline. It was the single most valuable asset the team has. LeBron is all about the here and now. The fact the Cavs did not trade the pick is proof positive LeBron is not calling the shots.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has certainly had a say on personnel in Cleveland. But this ain't no handpicked roster. People who keep saying that are flat out wrong.

For one thing, the Cavs cap situation has prevented them from competing in the free agent market. They are only planks to get vets willing to play for MLE or less. Those guys are not handpicked players.

Secondly, if LeBron were actually calling the shots, there is a zero percent chance he would have held on to that Nets pick at the trade deadline. It was the single most valuable asset the team has. LeBron is all about the here and now. The fact the Cavs did not trade the pick is proof positive LeBron is not calling the shots.

This season, sure. Because they know he's gone, but he has been the de facto GM with the Cavs before.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James isn't the only player that needs to step up. If he can get more than 8-10 shots, Love is more than capable of helping James out.

haven't seen that happen too much in this series yet...

have you...?

point is he doesn't have a choice but to have a super game. it ain't like he can trust the rest of his squad...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good point and I think LeBron knowing that the Cavs won't get him any help, will walk in the off season.

Yeah I don't see him staying in Cleveland either. I'm still trying to figure out why the Cavs canned former GM David Griffin though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that imo was BEYOND stupid...

did the guy bang Gilbert's daughter or what...?

Danny Boy seems like an idiot so it wouldn't surprise me if he fired Griffin just to piss LeBron off. Although if LeBron walks again I sure hope Danny Boy prints up another dumbass letter saying his Cavs will win it all before Capt. Haircut wins another.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's back and triggered already.

He's throwing Lue under the bus. Cavs are doomed, but it's not LeBron or any of the players. It's Lue.

Lue is bad, I agree. And it's not LeBron, I agree too. But the other players aren't enough, so they are part of the problem. Gee, what's different about this team from the past few years of making the Finals?

Kyrie eleison on the road that I must travel...
Kyrie eleison on the darkness in the night....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season, sure. Because they know he's gone, but he has been the de facto GM with the Cavs before.

You mean back when they were a lock to make the Finals every year?

I do think David Griffin listened to LeBron, but any decent GM will listen to input from the franchise superstar. Beyond stupid not to. Especially when he only commits for a year at a time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie has a really good shot of getting there based on his overall resume to date, but he has a lot more work to do.

And you are correct. There are quite a few players better than Kyrie. That said, most of the don't have a ring. That counts for a lot even though he was Robin.

I'm not really arguing that Kyrie will or will not make the Hall. He's only 26 so he has a bunch of years ahead of him. His chances of making the Hall will be dependent on those years. If he is a league above average player who has perpetual injury issues, no way he makes the Hall. If he has 3 or 4 All-NBA seasons then he has a decent shot. If he wins another title or two then he gets in.