• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw, don't worry. according to WiggityWack LeClown can turn water into wine...

Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all if James goes for 40-plus, 12, and 12 today. Or something similar to that.

Not at all. He's going to bring it today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a combination of injuries, turning half the team over at the deadline, and Lue being a moron.

No one on this team knows what their role is. I have never seen a coach fuck with a starting lineup and guys minutes as much as Lue.

No one has any clue how many minutes they are going to get, if they are starting, who they are playing with, on a nightly basis.

Yeah, you gotta have some structure to the minutes. With the roster turnover, I can understand experimenting with lineups, minutes, etc. to try to find the best combos. But when you get to the playoffs, you have to pick something and stick with it. Maybe you can make some changes between rounds. But for a series, you need some continuity.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you gotta have some structure to the minutes. With the roster turnover, I can understand experimenting with lineups, minutes, etc. to try to find the best combos. But when you get to the playoffs, you have to pick something and stick with it. Maybe you can make some changes between rounds. But for a series, you need some continuity.

You been to Jeff's Place yet?

Went for the 4th time in about 5-6 weeks the other day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked pretty clear to me. TyPuppet is only there because of LeClown. so if he sucks, then who's to blame...?

To be fair, while what happened to Blatt sucked...it was the right move at the time, imo. Blatt had absolutely zero NBA experience when he was hired. He was hired to coach a very young team led by a very young Kyrie and they were going to learn and grow together.

The team he was hired to coach and the team he ended up with when Lebron decided to return were completely different teams. One was going to learn and grow, the other was championship or bust. It was pretty clear that Blatt didn't know the NBA game and he didn't have time to learn because of the change in expectations.

The players were already listening to Lue over Blatt, and considering it was mid-seasonish when they made the change, Lue was the logical choice.

Having said that, this isn't to absolve Lebron of some of his behavior that led to Blatt being let go, he definitely undermined Blatt, so to that extent, some of it does fall on him. But even with that, it was the correct move at the time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been to Jeff's Place yet?

Went for the 4th time in about 5-6 weeks the other day.

Not yet. I have some vacation that I'm going to take in the next month or so. So, I'll probably go then when I make a trip to the collective that I like out there.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, while what happened to Blatt sucked...it was the right move at the time, imo. Blatt had absolutely zero NBA experience when he was hired. He was hired to coach a very young team led by a very young Kyrie and they were going to learn and grow together.

The team he was hired to coach and the team he ended up with when Lebron decided to return were completely different teams. One was going to learn and grow, the other was championship or bust. It was pretty clear that Blatt didn't know the NBA game and he didn't have time to learn because of the change in expectations.

The players were already listening to Lue over Blatt, and considering it was mid-seasonish when they made the change, Lue was the logical choice.

Having said that, this isn't to absolve Lebron of some of his behavior that led to Blatt being let go, he definitely undermined Blatt, so to that extent, some of it does fall on him. But even with that, it was the correct move at the time.

I get all of this, but still, we're talking about Lue. doesn't quite have "championship pedigree" as a coach...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True.

Blatt's best first job would have been with a young team like Milwaukee or Indy (now, not that Indy will be looking for a HC) that needs guidance or teaching. Not some team with superstars who are used to running shit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of this, but still, we're talking about Lue. doesn't quite have "championship pedigree" as a coach...

True, but at least he had NBA experience as both a player and assistant coach. Blatt had absolutely zero NBA experience, not even as an assistant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Blatt's best first job would have been with a young team like Milwaukee or Indy (now, not that Indy will be looking for a HC) that needs guidance or teaching. Not some team with superstars who are used to running shit.

Technically, that's exactly what he had when the Cavs hired him. Then Lebron fucked it all up by returning to Cleveland. lol