• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Update* Just watched it again and I'm not sure he lost the ball before the arm he was carrying it in was down. You lose sight of the ball behind a Rams players leg and when you see it again Kaeps arm is down and the ball has just popped out. It looks very much like he was over, down, and the ground caused the fumble.

Even dumber is the Laurenatis doesn't even stand up with the ball until after the whistles are being blown and the play is dead. The ball was still on the ground when they blew it dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i cant wait to hear the NFLs announcement as to why the crabtree catch wasn't a TD. he has the ball clearly past the line that's a td plain as day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant wait to hear the NFLs announcement as to why the crabtree catch wasn't a TD. he has the ball clearly past the line that's a td plain as day.

Just replay Goodell's speech from after the Ray Rice video came out. Change around a few words and you likely have your NFL response. Something along the lines of we screwed up but we promise to do better going forward. I'm sure somewhere in the background you can likely see a janitor sweeping dirt under a rug as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said these are clear TD's, just like the safety. This is why something doesn't feel right with the NFL. They cant cover this up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least its a Fact that the Refs killed this game and gave us a loss. Sucks when they screw up this bad. Oh well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same thing with the safety. BAD job and these refs more so the replay refs should be suspended. Those guys had a lot of money on this game.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious as hell as a football fan, not a homer. Is the NFL even obligated to give an explanation when asked about questionable calls? The only time they "are wrong" is when they don't fine or retract fines from roughing the passer or defenseless receiver.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as hell as a football fan, not a homer. Is the NFL even obligated to give an explanation when asked about questionable calls? The only time they "are wrong" is when they don't fine or retract fines from roughing the passer or defenseless receiver.

The Crabtree catch is easy to explain why it wasn't a TD. He didn't maintain complete control of the ball till he was beyond the goal line. Cris Carter verified this on Mike & Mike this morning. Had the ball not moved when he went to the ground, it would have been a TD.

The Gore non-fumble which would have been a Rams TD & the non-safety for the Niners can't be explained away. Those were both horrible calls.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cool with this. The way offense played today, the team deserved to lose period. I place most of the blame on the offensive line. Kaepernick had a few bad throws but overall the passing game would have been fine had oline blocked well and picked up blitzes.

Me too. If you let an inferior team out play you and out coach you then you are going to lose sometimes on a call you may not like. It never should have come down to this so, in my opinion, this is a loss well deserved.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like someone to explain to me as how a LB is allowed to pick up a RB and slam head first into the turf without no penalty?? Could have ended the guys career! No reason to tackle like that! Its simply amazing as to how this went supposivly unnotticed. The crowd thought it was cool. Pretty funny how soon it is forgotten about! Swept under the rug. I hope the league looks long and hard about giving this Boreland guy a hefty fine for his actions!! Completely uncalled for!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like someone to explain to me as how a LB is allowed to pick up a RB and slam head first into the turf without no penalty?? Could have ended the guys career! No reason to tackle like that! Its simply amazing as to how this went supposivly unnotticed. The crowd thought it was cool. Pretty funny how soon it is forgotten about! Swept under the rug. I hope the league looks long and hard about giving this Boreland guy a hefty fine for his actions!! Completely uncalled for!

he was probably trying to make up for getting trucked in the hole by a small running back against Denver. That had to be embarrassing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crabtree catch is easy to explain why it wasn't a TD. He didn't maintain complete control of the ball till he was beyond the goal line. Cris Carter verified this on Mike & Mike this morning. Had the ball not moved when he went to the ground, it would have been a TD.

The Gore non-fumble which would have been a Rams TD & the non-safety for the Niners can't be explained away. Those were both horrible calls.

WRONG. He had control. Its a TD,. Facts are facts

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were at the game then? I would never wish an injury of any player,I'm sure the NFL will look into the missed call and levy a fine against Borland if they feel the need to. Many such plays happen in every game really.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league has no explaining to do on those two calls. They were both legit calls. We all know you have to complete the process of the catch and Crabtree clearly didn't do it until he was fully outside the endzone.

And c'mon guys, from a head on angle, you can't tell if the ball was over the goal line. You can't even tell if the ball was moving in a still shot. They were both judgement calls that could have gone either way. It happens to every team every game.

Now the NFL can't explain the Gore fumble and the non-safety. Those were clearly bad calls.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were at the game then? I would never wish an injury of any player,I'm sure the NFL will look into the missed call and levy a fine against Borland if they feel the need to. Many such plays happen in every game really.

I didnt have to be at the game to hear a load roar by the crowd! Were they distinctively chearing hoping for an injury? I hope not, but when no flag is thrown a players high fiving each other because of it, deserves a hefty fine. Pretty funny as many here completely forget and point blame to refs for other missed calls. :bullshit:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has no explaining to do on those two calls. They were both legit calls. We all know you have to complete the process of the catch and Crabtree clearly didn't do it until he was fully outside the endzone.

And c'mon guys, from a head on angle, you can't tell if the ball was over the goal line. You can't even tell if the ball was moving in a still shot. They were both judgement calls that could have gone either way. It happens to every team every game.

Now the NFL can't explain the Gore fumble and the non-safety. Those were clearly bad calls.
The plays were reviewed and the calls on the field stood. The 9ers lost the game because of the way they played.It should have never come down to officiating issues.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt have to be at the game to hear a load roar by the crowd! Were they distinctively chearing hoping for an injury? I hope not, but when no flag is thrown a players high fiving each other because of it, deserves a hefty fine. Pretty funny as many here completely forget and point blame to refs for other missed calls. :bullshit:
The refs and the way they rule in any game sucks this season really. I'm not sure what play you are posting about because the game wasn't on where I live. do you have a GIF or link for me to watch?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that that play should have flagged.

But what about the Unsportsmanlike conduct call on the punt. Ellington underhand tossed the ball in the refs direction and it hit a Rams player, and he was called for USLC? Really?

Or the phantom defensive holding call that gave the Rams a 1st down.

I am not blaming the loss on the refs. But the refs (again) did a crap-ass job.