• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL is was a really bad call and the one before that was also bad but they didn't comment on that one. Both calls cost the 49ers big time because both of those drives gave seattle 10pts total. Either way it doesn't matter because I don't think we were going to win anyway because Roman just stinks in the 2nd half. Avg pts in the 2nd half this year is 5pts. talk about being a bad OC.

yep, there has got to be something to this? it has happened too many times prior, not just yesterday.

similar to Kaep, it isn't ALL on Roman, but can't help wonder if D coaches (not just Seattle) adjust better than he does?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, there has got to be something to this? it has happened too many times prior, not just yesterday.

similar to Kaep, it isn't ALL on Roman, but can't help wonder if D coaches (not just Seattle) adjust better than he does?

I agree its not all on Roman but after yesterday my % on blame goes up.

65% on Roman
20% on Injuries
15% on Kap.

I would put some blame on the WRs/TEs because I think we are 2nd or 3rd in most drops. Something silly like that. Not 100% on that.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roman's poor adjustments are part of the problem, but the Seahawk's defense is so much faster and more physical than the offense. Their LB's are probably faster than our WR's and TE's. I am just so impressed with their defense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman's problem was he tailored the offense perfectly to everyone's strengths when Alex was still our QB. We had a power running game led by a big, athletic, and physical offensive line with one of the games best running backs in Gore. Then you had Alex doing everything he was capable of on pre-snap adjustments and putting us into high percentage plays. We looked mostly good on offense. The passing game was still suspect though which is why Alex is gone now.

Kaep took over because he gave us a more explosive passing game. The problem is Roman took everything else that was working and flushed it down the crapper trying to tailor everything to Kaep. The problem with that is what Roman is trying to turn our offense into doesn't work for the other 10 players on the field >_>; We don't have the personnel to spread out and throw like the Saints, Falcons, Patriots, Packers and Broncos. Kaep honestly is not even that type of QB. We're much better suited to staying a running team and using play action like Aikman and the Cowboys did so well back in the 90's.

I agree we need more speed on the outside to back defenses up, but blowing the whole thing up and making major coaching changes would blow any chance of us making a Super Bowl run next year. Harbaugh is a NFL coach and not many can say they coached a team to 3 straight NFC Title games. He is going to coach a Super Bowl winner one day. We'd be fools not to keep him. Did Nolan and Singletary not already teach us that talented coaches don't exactly fall off of trees? Someone name a coach that has come into the league over the last 5 years that has done better than Harbaugh?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman's problem was he tailored the offense perfectly to everyone's strengths when Alex was still our QB. We had a power running game led by a big, athletic, and physical offensive line with one of the games best running backs in Gore. Then you had Alex doing everything he was capable of on pre-snap adjustments and putting us into high percentage plays. We looked mostly good on offense. The passing game was still suspect though which is why Alex is gone now.

Kaep took over because he gave us a more explosive passing game. The problem is Roman took everything else that was working and flushed it down the crapper trying to tailor everything to Kaep. The problem with that is what Roman is trying to turn our offense into doesn't work for the other 10 players on the field >_>; We don't have the personnel to spread out and throw like the Saints, Falcons, Patriots, Packers and Broncos. Kaep honestly is not even that type of QB. We're much better suited to staying a running team and using play action like Aikman and the Cowboys did so well back in the 90's.

I agree we need more speed on the outside to back defenses up, but blowing the whole thing up and making major coaching changes would blow any chance of us making a Super Bowl run next year. Harbaugh is a NFL coach and not many can say they coached a team to 3 straight NFC Title games. He is going to coach a Super Bowl winner one day. We'd be fools not to keep him. Did Nolan and Singletary not already teach us that talented coaches don't exactly fall off of trees? Someone name a coach that has come into the league over the last 5 years that has done better than Harbaugh?

Yes, I can name a coach who has done more with less than Harbaugh, but that does not mean he should get axed. Is DHS that difficult to work with regarding his interpersonal relationships with fellow employees? If that is the reason for a possible termination he must be beyond a horses ass and would have to be the biggest doushbag ever. Looking at DHS's success I can't see anyone being that difficult to work with. SF will be making a huge mistake if they let him walk. He is a winner.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman's poor adjustments are part of the problem, but the Seahawk's defense is so much faster and more physical than the offense. Their LB's are probably faster than our WR's and TE's. I am just so impressed with their defense.

Good point. Right now the Seattle defense is looking like last year's unit. Their LB's seem to be making every play that there is to be made. They're very quick to the point of contact and are extremely physical.

With regard to Roman, he probably does get too much blame. After all, it is Harbaugh who created and installed their offensive system. Also, I'm not sure where I read this, but I read somewhere that Roman sends down two plays and that Harbaugh then chooses which of these two plays to send to Kaepernick. Because I can't remember where I read this, I'm not sure how much to believe this right now. Has anybody else read the same thing?

Finally, isn't it true that Roman is best known for being good at designing a rushing scheme? Perhaps, he's just not that good at designing a pass offense. If this is the case, then perhaps our attempt to switch to a more pass-heavy offense was doomed from the beginning.