• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god for the Warriors or else I would have no good pro sports team to follow until April.

Totally agree for those 49er fans who are Warrior and Giants fans. Can't ask for much more. A World Series championship and if the Ws can stay healthy, looks to be a good season. I am psyched about that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree for those 49er fans who are Warrior and Giants fans. Can't ask for much more. A World Series championship and if the Ws can stay healthy, looks to be a good season. I am psyched about that.

80-2 regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs. Okay, okay, I'll be realistic and say 73-9 in the regular season.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers just ran into the Perfect Storm this year losing today 17-7 in SEA

This year kind of reminded me of the 2013 SF Giants season where the 49ers just ran into the Perfect Storm and never made it back to shore with the fish in the boat.

Seattle was shut down all day by the 49ers defense as the 49ers held a 7-3 lead on a 10 yard TD run by Frank Gore in the 2 nd Quarter . The 49ers just got too many key players injured and never were able to click in as a team especially on offense.

Something has to be done on the offensive side of the ball where more team speed at WR must be obtained. Kap has to be let loose if he will get the team to a Championship. You have to put most of the year on the fishing lines of the game plans and getting it done. Too many penalties and mistakes plus injuries add up to what the 49ers showed out there. Losing those key games at home especially early in the season turned out to be that big storm that kept them out to sea.

No playoffs for the 49ers but man, I am so proud of this defense this year as Coach Fonzio did a tremdous job all year getting this Defense ready week after week with Willis,Bowman,and Aldon, out all year. We learned a kid named Napoleon Bowlingball (Borland) could play some ball at LB who led the team with tackles again today with 6. Carridine and Reid played well today. The officials made a terrible call today on a RTP penalty the changed the game in 2nd Half but Seattle most likely would of won anyway.

I guess we will have to wait and see about Coach Harbaugh and the way he is treated as the skipper of this vessel . Two games left and it's time to see some younger players who are hungry for a chance. Time to rest some players for next year and try and get faster as a team to compete with Seattle and Arizona. Finish strong, play with heart, and learn for next year bringing the boat in for a big fishing year next year in the City by the Bay.

49ers Pride !

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap::boxing:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year kind of reminded me of the 2013 SF Giants season where the 49ers just ran into the Perfect Storm and never made it back to shore with the fish in the boat.

Seattle was shut down all day by the 49ers defense as the 49ers held a 7-3 lead on a 10 yard TD run by Frank Gore in the 2 nd Quarter . The 49ers just got too many key players injured and never were able to click in as a team especially on offense.

Something has to be done on the offensive side of the ball where more team speed at WR must be obtained. Kap has to be let loose if he will get the team to a Championship. You have to put most of the year on the fishing lines of the game plans and getting it done. Too many penalties and mistakes plus injuries add up to what the 49ers showed out there. Losing those key games at home especially early in the season turned out to be that big storm that kept them out to sea.

No playoffs for the 49ers but man, I am so proud of this defense this year as Coach Fonzio did a tremdous job all year getting this Defense ready week after week with Willis,Bowman,and Aldon, out all year. We learned a kid named Napoleon Bowlingball (Borland) could play some ball at LB who led the team with tackles again today with 6. Carridine and Reid played well today. The officials made a terrible call today on a RTP penalty the changed the game in 2nd Half but Seattle most likely would of won anyway.

I guess we will have to wait and see about Coach Harbaugh and the way he is treated as the skipper of this vessel . Two games left and it's time to see some younger players who are hungry for a chance. Time to rest some players for next year and try and get faster as a team to compete with Seattle and Arizona. Finish strong, play with heart, and learn for next year bringing the boat in for a big fishing year next year in the City by the Bay.

49ers Pride !

Go 49ers !!

The D has been tremendous this year, given what they have had to deal with. Coach Fangio and the rest of the defensive staff deserves big time kudos. The offense needs work and hope for some postive change during the offseason.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers Pride !

Go 49ers !!

I meant coach Fangio not Fonzio. Sorry for the mistake.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG ... Wilson roughing the passer call was bad... We should a went up by 6 there... other than that it was a good physical games... You guy's played well and actually had momentum early.... Niners D played solid.. Refs were not particular good today... Lot's of little tick tack things called....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG ... Wilson roughing the passer call was bad... We should a went up by 6 there... other than that it was a good physical games... You guy's played well and actually had momentum early.... Niners D played solid.. Refs were not particular good today... Lot's of little tick tack things called....

The D has been great almost all year and the defensive coaching staff has done a great job dealing with all the injuries. The roughing the passer call was bad. That one wasn't even close. Would have probably lost anyone and we weren't going to make the playoffs. We were already looking to next year.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers tried to base their gameplan around the running game, and then both running backs got hurt.

Sort of a microcosm for the season in a sense. Its just not the 9ers year, it happens.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers tried to base their gameplan around the running game, and then both running backs got hurt.

Sort of a microcosm for the season in a sense. Its just not the 9ers year, it happens.

We are kinda fortunate in 2011 and 2012. Stayed relatively healthy. I guess it was our time and when it rains it pours.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are kinda fortunate in 2011 and 2012. Stayed relatively healthy. I guess it was our time and when it rains it pours.

True, things sort of fell apart, especially on offense. The good news is we got some good young guys who grew and got some real PT this year. Hopefully this year of adversity makes Kaep a bit mentally tougher going forward, we will see. I still contend he can be a top 10-12 QB, but certainly has not been most of this season.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy as it is to point fingers and want to run people out of town I hope the team stays mostly intact for next season. They absolutely should re-sign Harbaugh to a long term contract. That would help him regain any locker room control he might have lost this season as players might have even been looking at his contract situation going "you won't be here much longer why should I listen to you?"

Offensively though I don't think Roman and Kaepernick mesh very well. Roman looked like an offensive genius his first 2 years with all the pre-snap movements and formations we ran with Alex Smith, but since going with Kaep full-time last year we've looked very 1 dimensional. We got away from all the different formations and power runs and moved into more of spread style offense which we don't have the personnel to do. Our offensive line, receivers, and running backs are tailor made for a power running game, but Roman tries to re-tool the offense to fit Kaep. We don't have the speed and athleticism to make it work right now.

Other than maybe getting rid of Roman though it's way to soon to rock the ship. If you take back a few injuries and really bad 4th quarters call on us and we're already in the playoffs. Stay the course and see how it goes next year I say. If we regress for a 2nd straight year then you start thinking about rocking the boat.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two losses to the Bears and the Raiders(both horrible teams) sunk any playoff chances this season. Add the loss to the Rams at home and you have a .500 team. They were also fortunate to win against the Giants and the Redskins. The offense just wasn't in sync the whole season. Niners are averaging 5 points per game in the 2nd half this season. Kap's poor play, OL in shambles, suspect play calling, and no deep threat along with VD not showing up lead to this forgettable season. I think the Niners are more than capable of getting into the playoffs next year, but this team in not a Super Bowl contender.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two losses to the Bears and the Raiders(both horrible teams) sunk any playoff chances this season. Add the loss to the Rams at home and you have a .500 team. They were also fortunate to win against the Giants and the Redskins. The offense just wasn't in sync the whole season. Niners are averaging 5 points per game in the 2nd half this season. Kap's poor play, OL in shambles, suspect play calling, and no deep threat along with VD not showing up lead to this forgettable season. I think the Niners are more than capable of getting into the playoffs next year, but this team in not a Super Bowl contender.

This team can definately be back on track next year if the team can get and stay healthy. There are problems that need to be fixed on offense, but we don't need to be the Packers or Broncos on offense. As long as the defense is dominant.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This team can definately be back on track next year if the team can get and stay healthy. There are problems that need to be fixed on offense, but we don't need to be the Packers or Broncos on offense. As long as the defense is dominant.

yes, our D isn't going to take two steps back. We should still be ok there, maybe not 'dominant', but still good.

On O we most likely have to go with Kaep, not necessarily all season, but to start 2015. It just isn't that simple to get a good starting QB. Next, Kaep isn't below average, bad, or horrible, just that his previous two games really got fans over-reacting.

guarantee we add a dynamic WR to the mix, since Crabtree isn't staying. But even more than a WR, still think the O-line issues are more critical. The O-line needs FIVE guys playing well individually, AND then as a unit.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, our D isn't going to take two steps back. We should still be ok there, maybe not 'dominant', but still good.

On O we most likely have to go with Kaep, not necessarily all season, but to start 2015. It just isn't that simple to get a good starting QB. Next, Kaep isn't below average, bad, or horrible, just that his previous two games really got fans over-reacting.

guarantee we add a dynamic WR to the mix, since Crabtree isn't staying. But even more than a WR, still think the O-line issues are more critical. The O-line needs FIVE guys playing well individually, AND then as a unit.

Couldnt agree more

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is was a really bad call and the one before that was also bad but they didn't comment on that one. Both calls cost the 49ers big time because both of those drives gave seattle 10pts total. Either way it doesn't matter because I don't think we were going to win anyway because Roman just stinks in the 2nd half. Avg pts in the 2nd half this year is 5pts. talk about being a bad OC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Tank looked good. Still don't get why he didn't play much this year. 1 game 2 sacks. He better see the field next year.