• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Raiders we had a great starting field position. And that last drive we started on the 45. It's not usual, but it's been there this year (mostly due to our D though, not ST). Our offense is absolutely horrible though, so even with good field position we wouldn't do much.

Just seems Special Teams returns and kickoffs have not been very good. Remember how good it was in 2011? Losing Kendall Hunter didn't help.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending Kap, but VD probably would have dropped it.

I heard one of the analysts say that Davis has a 10% drop this season. That's a lot higher % than what I'm getting on my investments.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though Harbaugh just coached his last road game for the Niners. Niners 1-4 in the division.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching the game (not on here), but seriously, has this team "won" a second half yet this year? Do they go into the locker room and have cocktails at the half?

People will say I am making excuses, but we lost Gore and Hyde. Celek. Borland. This team made a galiant effort.

I looked it up.

Counting today, we are 5-9 in the second half. Actually better than I thought.

Like said, I am not watching. Do the new injuries look serious?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems Special Teams returns and kickoffs have not been very good. Remember how good it was in 2011? Losing Kendall Hunter didn't help.

Yeah, 2011 was such a fun year with special teams and even defensive scores. We haven't been the same since then though. Our special teams is just there to catch balls it seems. We never have an advantage on that front anymore.

Not to mention it seems like Lee is botching 1 to 2 punts a game as well. I'd say our Defense is the only unit that can even be considered good, and I think they are great. And they are the unit that has had all the injuries. It's so weird.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VD's injuries have slowed him. Other than that, I dont know why.

Since about 2 years ago Vernon Davis never reaches his arms above his head... I think he is permanantly injured and has limited moblitity with regards to his reach. I think they should dump him and Crabby-patties and use whatever saving they can get to replace them with better options if they can.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up.

Counting today, we are 5-9 in the second half. Actually better than I thought.

Like said, I am not watching. Do the new injuries look serious?

I don't think they are serious except for Gore which I am not sure. He had a concussion.

Ankle injuries. Borland tried coming back but he couldn't move well.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have an excellent chance to win back to back Super Bowls. That defense is fast and physical.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will say I am making excuses, but we lost Gore and Hyde. Celek. Borland. This team made a galiant effort.

Losing Celek was huge in my opinion. He can run block and catch. Gore and Hyde are somewhat less effective without him.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad some of you are happy, but that is yet another disappointing game for me to watch. I did not expect it to win or even be this close, but I can't watch that offense and be happy in any way. I think they played better than the last two weeks but at no point during that game was I relaxed when the offense had the ball. Every play I expected the worst, and they didn't do anything to make my fears go away.

It will be interesting to see how they play against SD since their D is not Seattle's D. But then again the Oakland D is horrible and they shut us down pretty easily. Not seeing anything in this game to make me happy, but at least it was a worthless game in the end.

Should be a busy offseason for the niners.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seahawks have an excellent chance to win back to back Super Bowls. That defense is fast and physical.

I hope GB can hold them off and force them to go through the tundra. But in a SB, I could see Pats beating them (Seahawks)

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they get there for sure. They should easily beat Arizona with no QB and St. Louis, giving them hfa. No one can beat them in Seattle in the playoffs. Not when they are healthy. They should get to the Super Bowl, and have a great shot to win.

Obviously I hate them and I hope they lose to anyone, but the team is so well coached and their defense plays with no mistakes. I'm impressed and I continue to be. They have so much talent and use it perfectly. Again, I hope they don't win, but I'd say they are the favorites for sure.

I mean, just look at today. Russell Wilson played terribly. The defense can easily pick up the offense if need be, and Wilson usually even plays better than this. I wouldn't even call this game a good game for the Seahawks, and they still win.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our loss today, we did a lot better than expected. I thought we seriously get our assess whipped, and Seattle still needed help from the zebras.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 sacks was the total. It seemed like a lot more, but 6 is still way too many.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 sacks was the total. It seemed like a lot more, but 6 is still way too many.

With Jonthan Martin and Looney playing center, I thought it could be more. Looney starting at center can't fault him. That was asking alot.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jonthan Martin and Looney playing center, I thought it could be more. Looney starting at center can't fault him. That was asking alot.

And we got 5 sacks on Wilson. It was a lot closer than I thought.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the SF Giants won and are a Dynasty now ...and we now have the Road Warriors opening the season 20-2 going against the "other" Seabirds.. the Pelicans tonite...Go Warriors.....wow what a turn of events this year..the 49ers have an off season and the warriors turn dominate!! Go figure...but Ill take it.

Thank god for the Warriors or else I would have no good pro sports team to follow until April.