• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton spent "four or five hours" meeting with JJ McCarthy

“For some of these guys, we'll have an individual day, separate," Payton said. "I wasn’t at J.J. [McCarthy’s] pro day, but we had a private the next day, where we sent him a bunch of information, spent four or five hours with him, and made him throw all over again. I think it's all part of a process and it can help lead to a more efficient and effective decision.”

Head faint. If Payton wanted JJ - this information would never have reached the light of day. Trading Up???? It is all Bullpucky.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head faint. If Payton wanted JJ - this information would never have reached the light of day. Trading Up???? It is all Bullpucky.

I tend to agree with this take. It's smoke screen month in the NFL. Payton might be really liking the idea of Bo Nix or Michael Penix at #12 (or a trade down).

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, what are your thoughts on two prospects:

- Nick Martin the LB from Oklahoma State
- Cooper DeJean from Iowa

Where do you think they'll go in the draft ?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've talked about DeJean a lot in this thread... Love DeJean. Great athlete. Smart, dependable player and a super crazy good athlete. He goes Round 1, IMO... At worst he could slip to early Round but his play at Iowa combined with his athletic ability are deserving of Round 1. I think he should go about where he was projected when he declares. Packers, Eagles, Bills area.

Martin will be a value pick on day 3, IMO. He has great technique, very physical, athletic, doesn't miss many tackles. Gets to the ball carrier quickly. Size is a concern. Doesn't test off the charts but sticks out on film.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State TE Ben Sinnott has really grown on me as a prospect. Feel like there is a lot of upside in him.

Complete TE on a college offense that doesn't pass the ball much.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State TE Ben Sinnott has really grown on me as a prospect. Feel like there is a lot of upside in him.

Complete TE on a college offense that doesn't pass the ball much.

I can go with Sinnott - but keep in mind spelling when you pick favorites.

This is why I favor Bo Nix so much. I can also point out - crowds in Denver could shout - Bo Broncos! and get two cheers in one. Also - Bone-cos!
Of course - expect the simple chant "BO" which will pause the TV announcers to say that may sound like a Boo, but they are chanting Bo.

Now with Nix as the QB the Broncos will run up win streaks vs the Raiders - the Chiefs and the Chargers - and those streaks will be called the Nix - Hex.

Bo Nix is a bottomless pit of marketing possibilities.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put a spotlight on it - Coach Deion Sanders - known as Coach Prime - basically finagled Xavier Weaver's pro-day - as a one person show with 11 NFL scouts in attendance. I like Weaver - I think he would be a late day 3 pick or a priority CFA for some team. Prime sets him up to have a home court pro day all by himself - where he runs a 4.42 40 - and jumps 37.5" and broad jumps over 10 feet. These numbers - if at this years combine - would put Weaver near the top of WRs in each of those categories. Good for him. I wonder if Prime has set this up and Weaver goes maybe early day 3. We will see.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix to the Broncos seems like destiny considering how many times Mingo visited Bo Derek at Heidi Fleiss' home

Any doubt as to why Bo wears "10"

;)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put a spotlight on it - Coach Deion Sanders - known as Coach Prime - basically finagled Xavier Weaver's pro-day - as a one person show with 11 NFL scouts in attendance. I like Weaver - I think he would be a late day 3 pick or a priority CFA for some team. Prime sets him up to have a home court pro day all by himself - where he runs a 4.42 40 - and jumps 37.5" and broad jumps over 10 feet. These numbers - if at this years combine - would put Weaver near the top of WRs in each of those categories. Good for him. I wonder if Prime has set this up and Weaver goes maybe early day 3. We will see.
I like Weaver as well. Lot of upside there IMO just a little raw.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punch and Jeudy was a great show to grow up with.
I think the Broncos got close to a "Punching Jeudy" TV show last season, selling tickets to Steve Smith and Mark Schlereth ... Drew Lock declined because he's such a nice guy, plus, he said that Jeudy wouldn't be able to defend himself because he has no hands