• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats trying to load up with as many offensive minded people as possible.

Seems to me, maybe Van Pelt can get the offense to play, but maybe gets lost with regards to play calling. When to run, when to pass, when to go deep...?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taker a Breath............................

Gone.

Good for him. I would have liked to see him succeed in New England out from under his dads shadow, but wish him the best getting a completely fresh start.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Mayfield have the same success with our WR corps?
What signing him as a FA will do is allow the Patriots to go to the head of the line signing Evans and a couple of others. If they can sign him and pick up Evans and maybe KJ Osborn, that would take care of the passing game. They could then throw some cash at Owenu and even Tyron Smith of the Cowboys. Suddenly the offense has been repaired and the draft will provide a couple of people who can fight for a starting position or take some time to learn a position. Probably don't have enough cash to sign everyone I mentioned, but spending it wisely could certainly put them back into the hunt for the Division title and the AFCCG.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What signing him as a FA will do is allow the Patriots to go to the head of the line signing Evans and a couple of others. If they can sign him and pick up Evans and maybe KJ Osborn, that would take care of the passing game. They could then throw some cash at Owenu and even Tyron Smith of the Cowboys. Suddenly the offense has been repaired and the draft will provide a couple of people who can fight for a starting position or take some time to learn a position. Probably don't have enough cash to sign everyone I mentioned, but spending it wisely could certainly put them back into the hunt for the Division title and the AFCCG.
Then they could stack up Rookie TE, WR and OT for the future.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got Mayfield and say Evans ir Goodwinn why not draft Harrison jr?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of opinions here, seems to me when a team is in this situation with draft capital and cap space, sure would be nice to have a GM.

A for the record I don't want Mayfield or Cousins. Seems like a knuckle bandage on a sucking chest wound

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A for the record I don't want Mayfield or Cousins. Seems like a knuckle bandage on a sucking chest wound

Same here. Let's hopefully draft a guy that we can develop into a long term franchise QB. I know it's easier said than done but that's the key to continued success.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of opinions here, seems to me when a team is in this situation with draft capital and cap space, sure would be nice to have a GM.

While not a Cousins fan, both have proven they can play in the NFL while anyone drafted has not.

With so many holes on offense...(every position except guard? Center?) my thoughts are try to bring in every position in FA.
And not half ass it and bring in an Agholor type, but whomever is top at their position.

If we can sign Oline and WR, draft a QB. If we sign Mayfield and Evans or Green, Draft Oline or TE. Sign Oline and QB, draft MHJ or trade back for Nabors and another Olineman.
Put out good offers to all of them and see who starts signing first and then rescind an offer if someone waits too long and then draft that position.

My thoughts, because when I say "we" I know it really doesn't include "me".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone.

Good for him. I would have liked to see him succeed in New England out from under his dads shadow, but wish him the best getting a completely fresh start.

Sunseri gone west too.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not a Cousins fan, both have proven they can play in the NFL while anyone drafted has not.

With so many holes on offense...(every position except guard? Center?) my thoughts are try to bring in every position in FA.
And not half ass it and bring in an Agholor type, but whomever is top at their position.

If we can sign Oline and WR, draft a QB. If we sign Mayfield and Evans or Green, Draft Oline or TE. Sign Oline and QB, draft MHJ or trade back for Nabors and another Olineman.
Put out good offers to all of them and see who starts signing first and then rescind an offer if someone waits too long and then draft that position.

I know it's a total crap shoot but this draft has what appears to be several solid QB options and we have the #3 pick plus a bunch of cap space(I know that you already know this. Just repeating the obvious).

The stars seem aligned to take a potential franchise altering QB IMO.

Speaking strictly for myself, if the Pats draft Maye or Daniels I will be fucking pumped. If they sign Cousins and draft O-line it might be a great thing ultimately but I will yawn.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a total crap shoot but this draft has what appears to be several solid QB options and we have the #3 pick plus a bunch of cap space(I know that you already know this. Just repeating the obvious).

The stars seem aligned to take a potential franchise altering QB IMO.

Speaking strictly for myself, if the Pats draft Maye or Daniels I will be fucking pumped. If they sign Cousins and draft O-line it might be a great thing ultimately but I will yawn.
I just want offense.

FA and Draft!!!

I want to see points on the board! I would (almost) rather see them lose 31-28 than I would 6-3.

Just me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My concern is bringing in an older QB that has also not done well unless surrounded by talent. I am not convinced Cousins or Mayfield are that much better than Mac or Zappe. The QB class for next year looks really bad at this point anyway, get an old beat veteran does not seem like a great idea to me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is bringing in an older QB that has also not done well unless surrounded by talent. I am not convinced Cousins or Mayfield are that much better than Mac or Zappe. The QB class for next year looks really bad at this point anyway, get an old beat veteran does not seem like a great idea to me.
east la coin GIF by CAMEO Nation

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say about college QBs is that Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Trey lance were all considered can't miss three years ago. I'd rather sign a known quantity than get another Mac Jones and waste three more years before hoping to get another shot at a flop. Cousins wants a $40M min contract. Too much for my blood. Not sure how crazy TB will be trying to resign Mayfield but I'd certainly like to see what Van Pelt can do with him and couple of new WRs. He got the Bucs back in the playoffs, might be able to do it here.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say about college QBs is that Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Trey lance were all considered can't miss three years ago. I'd rather sign a known quantity than get another Mac Jones and waste three more years before hoping to get another shot at a flop. Cousins wants a $40M min contract. Too much for my blood. Not sure how crazy TB will be trying to resign Mayfield but I'd certainly like to see what Van Pelt can do with him and couple of new WRs. He got the Bucs back in the playoffs, might be able to do it here.

Based on this perspective then nobody should ever draft a QB early ever again.

It's a gamble to be sure but as they say "fortune favors the bold".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those two QBs were also flops before they got surrounded by quality talent, and still have not gotten a team to the promise land. There are no guarentees on any player at any time. But if you are offering me Cousins or Mayfield with no talent at WR I say no. If you are bringing in the pass catching talent then leave me Mac and draft a rookie and an OT.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good takes in here. Great board to check up on news and stuff on the Pats. Thanks. It’s my go to source on team news, then I check the news channels, which frankly does not add much more than what we talk about in here.

Looking forward to FA, draft, etc. should be fun, new team and good times again. Cheers to all!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on this perspective then nobody should ever draft a QB early ever again.

It's a gamble to be sure but as they say "fortune favors the bold".
Draft a good one and you're a hero. Draft a bad one and you're an idiot, even if you picked the best of a bad bunch.

Either way, it's a crapshoot.