• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency and Free Agents Signings

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 Days until teams can talk to free agents.

51 Days until teams can officially sign free agents.

• March 11-13: Free-agency negotiation period.
  • March 13: End/start of League Year. The 2024 League Year and free-agency period begin at 4 p.m., New York time. Trades can begin and teams can sign free agents.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 Days until teams can talk to free agents.

51 Days until teams can officially sign free agents.

• March 11-13: Free-agency negotiation period.
  • March 13: End/start of League Year. The 2024 League Year and free-agency period begin at 4 p.m., New York time. Trades can begin and teams can sign free agents.
48 days to resign anyone they want to keep.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on EE that Owenu is looking for a monster contract.

The big contracts over the past two years for OTs range from 4/$80M to 4/$87M.

IMO, he's not your every week LT, but certainly is a RT. If someone is going to give him a $20M+ contract, I think the Patriots are out.

Being conservative, I can see the Patriots dumping JC Jackson and picking up $14M extra on the cap. Giving them $80M+.

Mayo has indicated, not said, that he wants to get Dugger and Jennings under contract and the local media are estimating that could cost between $16M and $20M per year for the next four.

Depending on how the two personnel guys and JM see things, Ryan Tannehill could be a FA target and if they can't bring Owenu back, they'll be looking at OL early in the draft. If they do resign Owenu, Dugger and Jennings, and they sign Tannehill, Marvin Harrison just might be their first choice or they deal #3 for a monster pile of picks.

Free agency is going to determine everything in the draft.

Just need to get the coaching pieces in place and stop screwing around.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to catch up on the latest projections of what teams will be doing what signing free agents in March.

The consensus is that the NE Patriots will be active resigning their own FA and will not sign anyone new.

Trent Brown, Michael Owenu, Kyle Dugger, Anferee Jennings, Josh Uche, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne and Mike Gesicki will all resign with NE according to these experts. Even better. Teams with no cap space will be signing the most attractive FA. KC, HOU, DEN will all sign no less than ten of the top 150 FA. Right behind them will be the NYJ, IND, BAL. I guess everyone wants to win(?) more than they'd like to get paid. Apparently the NFC teams don't need much help.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to catch up on the latest projections of what teams will be doing what signing free agents in March.

The consensus is that the NE Patriots will be active resigning their own FA and will not sign anyone new.

Trent Brown, Michael Owenu, Kyle Dugger, Anferee Jennings, Josh Uche, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne and Mike Gesicki will all resign with NE according to these experts. Even better. Teams with no cap space will be signing the most attractive FA. KC, HOU, DEN will all sign no less than ten of the top 150 FA. Right behind them will be the NYJ, IND, BAL. I guess everyone wants to win(?) more than they'd like to get paid. Apparently the NFC teams don't need much help.
I cannot see this happening. How does this improve the offense?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see this happening. How does this improve the offense?
These guys don't care about anything but guessing as close as possible to being correct. They don't have the slightest idea about what teams need or can pay. I based my rant on three different "Landing Spots" predictions for free agents. These guys all assume that no one wants the Patriots players and no one wants to play in New England from their predictions. They also assume that New England wants everyone back.

I think that the Patriots will go all out to resign Owenu and Dugger and may overpay. Not so much for the rest. Jennings and Uche would be good to resign, especially Uche working the opposite side of Judon. He had 11.5 sacks in 2022 because Judon demanded so much attention. I wouldn't overpay. I don't think they'll go overboard for Henry, Gesicki or Bourne. Picking up replacements might be more palatable. Throwing a big stack of cash at Calvin Ridley or Mike Evans might get a signature. I'd even slightly overpay for Gabe Davis or Odell Beckham. Two of these four would be a huge upgrade. Then again, what do I know?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He he was all but gone late in the season. To stay here, hei will need reassurance that he will be used in the new system. If there is a new system. He was getting very few snaps at the end of the year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He he was all but gone late in the season. To stay here, hei will need reassurance that he will be used in the new system. If there is a new system. He was getting very few snaps at the end of the year.
Who?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's supposedly lazy and I believe he's a shit talker. I assumed he was automatically gone but perhaps Mayo has a different vibe with him.
I don't know anymore, we read so much garbage every day. If he stays perhaps the need for a LT drops to a round three prospect, but we still need depth at T IMO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was answering the question of who on the list provided in BK's post had already packed and left.
One has to assume that all of the Patriots' free agents have had their names removed from empty lockers.

Phil Perry has said that he's been told that Mayo has contacted every player at least once since being named HC and has supposedly tried to sell a new beginning to the guys that he really wants back. No names were given. Perry thinks that Dugger might be the first to buy back in. That could start something good.

As far as Trent Brown is concerned, there are not very many LOT's out there. You have to know that with such a dire need for those guys that he'll get money thrown at him. He likes money more than anything else. My gut says that he will take the biggest offer he gets. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 4 years/$72M with $50M guaranteed from at least one team. I don't think he'll be back in NE.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'll be in as much demand outside of NE. Without Judon, he was less than average on the edge. With Judon coming back, he'd be much better playing on the opposite side. Then again, grab Chop Robinson from Penn State and the Patriots would have an incredible pass rush from the edges.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to assume that all of the Patriots' free agents have had their names removed from empty lockers.

Phil Perry has said that he's been told that Mayo has contacted every player at least once since being named HC and has supposedly tried to sell a new beginning to the guys that he really wants back. No names were given. Perry thinks that Dugger might be the first to buy back in. That could start something good.

As far as Trent Brown is concerned, there are not very many LOT's out there. You have to know that with such a dire need for those guys that he'll get money thrown at him. He likes money more than anything else. My gut says that he will take the biggest offer he gets. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 4 years/$72M with $50M guaranteed from at least one team. I don't think he'll be back in NE.
I was only referring to the reports he left the team prior to the last game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'll be in as much demand outside of NE. Without Judon, he was less than average on the edge. With Judon coming back, he'd be much better playing on the opposite side. Then again, grab Chop Robinson from Penn State and the Patriots would have an incredible pass rush from the edges.
He was not less effective. We wer not using him in an effective manor