• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers regular season thread

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for the Packers.

This season is a resounding success for the Packers IMO... no matter what happens in the playoffs.

- Packers have their franchise QB it appears... hopefully Love continues to grow.
- Really like the 2 TEs drafted this year... both Musgrave and Kraft look like good receiving options and Kraft looks like good blocker to boot.
- Reed and Wicks look like solid WRs drafted this year... with pickup of Melton and Heath and add in Watson (if can stay healthy) and Doubs from last year, the Packers may have some very good weapons for Love for several years.

Defense still a big question mark at times, very up and down. Today again played very well vs the run and looked like a decent defense... not like the games when they give up 200 yards. Hopefully this defense shows up in the playoffs.

Travelling to Dallas to play the Cowboys.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for the Packers.

This season is a resounding success for the Packers IMO... no matter what happens in the playoffs.

- Packers have their franchise QB it appears... hopefully Love continues to grow.
- Really like the 2 TEs drafted this year... both Musgrave and Kraft look like good receiving options and Kraft looks like good blocker to boot.
- Reed and Wicks look like solid WRs drafted this year... with pickup of Melton and Heath and add in Watson (if can stay healthy) and Doubs from last year, the Packers may have some very good weapons for Love for several years.

Defense still a big question mark at times, very up and down. Today again played very well vs the run and looked like a decent defense... not like the games when they give up 200 yards. Hopefully this defense shows up in the playoffs.

Travelling to Dallas to play the Cowboys.
What a difference a year makes. Last season with a Rodger’s lead squad, needed a victory at home to get in the playoffs and couldn’t seal the deal. Today, first year starter Love completed the task and will be in post season. Congrats Packers. I was impressed today. This was a close game for most of the 60 minutes. It could have gone a different way but they kept their eye on the prize. Offense and defense played with a purpose and imposed their will on Chicago. I thought the defense would rear its ugly head like it has during the season but they did their job. Maybe it’s the teams they played but they’re looking like a decent squad the past 2 games. I’m still going to be cautious about the D cuz they will have a harder test next week. On the flip side, I still think Barry has to go.

At the beginning of the season I thought they were going to win 5 games or less. Love grew significantly towards the end of the year. Rest of this season is pure gravy. I salute you GB. Go Pack Go!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs in McCarthy's best season in Dallas would be epic!

Yeah would be epic... but that is a very tall task, Dallas 8-0 at home this year... including wins over Seahawks, Eagles and Lions.

Dallas has a very good team... #1 scoring offense (top 5 yards) and #5 scoring defense (#5 as well). Dak is having a very good year.

Packers "good" defense that showed up vs Bears would have to show up again and Packers probably need to win turnover battle to pull off an offset. Can be done, but far from my expectation.

I am happy with the playoff experience for the team... if this team continues to grow next 2-3 years could be very fun. I think last 2 drafts have been very good and a lot of those players will be making larger contributions if they continue to improve 2-3 years from now.

2020: Q. Walker, Wyatt, Watson, Rhyan, Doubs, Tom, Enagbare, R. Walker
2021: Van Ness, Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Wicks, Brooks, Valentine, Wooden

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is set up to finish the season doing the 3 things Aaron Rodgers was best at.

1. Beating the Bears in the regular season
2. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs
3. Losing to the 49ers in the playoffs

Let's do it!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah would be epic... but that is a very tall task, Dallas 8-0 at home this year... including wins over Seahawks, Eagles and Lions.

Dallas has a very good team... #1 scoring offense (top 5 yards) and #5 scoring defense (#5 as well). Dak is having a very good year.

Packers "good" defense that showed up vs Bears would have to show up again and Packers probably need to win turnover battle to pull off an offset. Can be done, but far from my expectation.
You're not wrong.

Now think back to all the times the Packers dominated the regular season before flopping in the playoffs under McCarthy... :think:

I'm not saying I expect it to happen; but given recent history, there's some hope. ...And boy would it be fun if it actually happened...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong.

Now think back to all the times the Packers dominated the regular season before flopping in the playoffs under McCarthy... :think:

I'm not saying I expect it to happen; but given recent history, there's some hope. ...And boy would it be fun if it actually happened...

MLF is not exactly setting the world on fire either... 2-3 overall, 0-2 in NFCCG, #1 seed twice with a bye and only 1-2 and no Super Bowl appearance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is set up to finish the season doing the 3 things Aaron Rodgers was best at.

1. Beating the Bears in the regular season
2. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs
3. Losing to the 49ers in the playoffs

Let's do it!

That would be interesting... give Packers miniscule chance of beating 49ers if it comes to that.
  • Favre 4-1 vs 49ers in playoffs (only loss Rice fumble that referees blew).
  • Rodgers 0-4 vs 49ers... so much for having a chip on your shoulder, did not do anything with it.
Just opposite vs Dallas..
  • Favre 0-3
  • Rodgers 2-0

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs in McCarthy's best season in Dallas would be epic!
It would be quite humorous to me mainly because i live in Texas and work with several cowboy fans. Im sure i will get hazed relentlessly if Dallas wins.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting... give Packers miniscule chance of beating 49ers if it comes to that.
  • Favre 4-1 vs 49ers in playoffs (only loss Rice fumble that referees blew).
  • Rodgers 0-4 vs 49ers... so much for having a chip on your shoulder, did not do anything with it.
Just opposite vs Dallas..
  • Favre 0-3
  • Rodgers 2-0
Not to defend Rodgers but that chip on his shoulder did get him 1 super bowl win. But his inflated ego played apart in not getting another one.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas at home is a very different team than Dallas on the road. I don't give the Packers much of a chance against them in Dallas. About the only way I could see that happening is Jones having a huge game on the ground and converting a huge percentage of 3rd downs and getting TDs, not FGs. Keeping the ball for about 40 or so minutes and the D getting off the field on a good percentage of the 3rd downs. IE the way Buffalo beat the Cowboys in Buffalo.

I don't see it happening, but it could.

Maybe Love can just be Love and carve his own legacy against the upper tier of the NFC, better yet he could lead the Pack to the top of the upper tier of the NFC and do something neither 12 or 4 did, win a couple obelisks.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas at home is a very different team than Dallas on the road. I don't give the Packers much of a chance against them in Dallas. About the only way I could see that happening is Jones having a huge game on the ground and converting a huge percentage of 3rd downs and getting TDs, not FGs. Keeping the ball for about 40 or so minutes and the D getting off the field on a good percentage of the 3rd downs. IE the way Buffalo beat the Cowboys in Buffalo.

I don't see it happening, but it could.

Maybe Love can just be Love and carve his own legacy against the upper tier of the NFC, better yet he could lead the Pack to the top of the upper tier of the NFC and do something neither 12 or 4 did, win a couple obelisks.
That is a perfect game scenario right there. Jones has had success against Dallas so that part is not far fetched. I believe the offense will have some success but unfortunately i dont see the defense being able to make enough stops to come out with a W. They played well against a Cousinless Vikings and Bears team but Dallas at home will be a different animal. I think the stars would have to align to get a win but stranger things have happened.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st injury report

• Good to see Reed FP
  • Dillon only DNP
  • Most of the LPs (red check) were not injured during last weeks game and left game (that I recall)... assume this is more precautionary and will be playing this week
  • Watson could both be back... sounds like making progress from reports
1704990236688.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB vs Dallas tidbits
  • Players with playoff experience: Packers 22 (most Clark with 8 games) / Dallas 35
  • Jordan Love 1st playoff start / Dak Prescott 7th playoff start (11 TDs / 6 ints)
  • Coaches post season
    • MLF 2-3 postseason
    • McCarthy 11-10 (1 Super Bowl with Pack), 1-2 with Dallas
    • SF responsible for 2 of MLF playoff losses and both of McCarthy´s with Dallas
  • Cowboys 1st in league scoring 49% of times on drives and lead league in time per drive
  • Offensive scoring
    • Dallas - 1st 29.9/game
    • GB - 12th 22.5/game
  • Defensive scoring
    • Dallas - 5th 18.5/game
    • GB - 10th 20.6/game
  • Kickers
    • Cowboys Aubrey (my FF team kicker) - 36 / 38 on FGs, 49 / 52 extra points
    • Pack Carlson - 27 /33 FGs, 34 / 39 extra points
  • Packers 0 pro bowl selections / Cowboys 7, offense: Prescott, Martin, Lamb defense: Parsons, Bland STs: Aubrey, Anger
  • Former Badgers on Dallas: TE Ferguson (Alvarez grandson), C BiaDasz
  • Cowboys have won 16 straight at home - 2023 8-0, 2022 8-1 (lost 1st home game vs TB)
  • 9th meeting between Dallas and GB in playoffs (4-4)
    • GB wins: 1966, 1967, 2015, 2017
    • Dallas wins: 1982, 1994, 1995, 1996
  • This is 1st wildcard matchup in playoffs, prior met 5 times in divisional round and 3 times in conference championship

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • 9th meeting between Dallas and GB in playoffs (4-4)
    • GB wins: 1966, 1967, 2015, 2017
    • Dallas wins: 1982, 1994, 1995, 1996
Starr & Rodgers beat Dallas every time. Favre never beat Dallas. Quirky.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this stat... do the Packers have their starting tackles for the future?

A 2nd time from the same draft:
  • 2022: Tom (Rd 4), R. Walker (Rd 7)
  • 2000: Clifford (Rd 2), Tauscher (Rd 7)
Would still expect Packers to draft some OL early in next draft, do think Bakhtiari is gone (retires or trade), also think Runyan they will let walk as it looks like they like Rhyan (also from 2022 draft).

1705154111684.png

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this stat... do the Packers have their starting tackles for the future?

A 2nd time from the same draft:
  • 2022: Tom (Rd 4), R. Walker (Rd 7)
  • 2000: Clifford (Rd 2), Tauscher (Rd 7)
Would still expect Packers to draft some OL early in next draft, do think Bakhtiari is gone (retires or trade), also think Runyan they will let walk as it looks like they like Rhyan (also from 2022 draft).

View attachment 351011

I've made a bit of an effort to watch Tom and the dude just does his job. Not sure what was going on last game or why he was in and out of lineup, but it seemed like the O was better when he was in. I haven't paid as much attention to the left side cuz they kept swapping who was playing or didn't feel the need to. Honestly, it seems Love has been given plenty of time to read and throw, so you might be right, unfortunately for me, and I'm not a pro grader, I haven't paid much attention. I guess that's a good thing.

Honestly, I think Bahk is done...and I don't mind, would rather he moved on a lived as normal a life as he could as compared to coming back and messing up his leg worse and having less comfortable life going forward. I believe he's earned that, but it's still his choice.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there was a game, 10 yards per play against Dallas' D. I sure as hell didn't see that coming. Good win for the Pack