• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers regular season thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still at a point nothing suprises me with Packers this year... young and inconsistent.

Crosby is a beast... good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks....you too.

Have Jones on my FF but kind of glad he wasn't available last night....LOL.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in the change the entire regime crowd, I'd say that you're not thinking. The fire the coach and fire the GM crowd 1 year after Rodgers was traded is not only misguided, but also quite ignorant. You don't give somebody the job to build something and then fire them immediately after that kind of major change. You give them the actual opportunity to build something. What you don't do is act like the current Snyder of the NFL and build the most toxic environment in the NFL. The "fire the coach" crowd is probably the most toxic and uninformed people I talk to. Especially when there is nothing so egregious that warrants it.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers + Adams definitely had a lot to do with the Packers success in ML's first years. They were a finely-tuned machine. It was wise of him to not try to change too much with that dynamic when he got here and simply let them go out there and do what they do.

I'm not naive to what you're truly fishing for with that question, though. You think LaFleur should be replaced and want me to agree with you. At this point, I'm disappointed with how these last few weeks have gone, but still think it's too soon to start thinking about other options. Like I said previously, this team is young and this is a "get experience" season. If we are flipping our coaching staff every time this team faces adversity, things will get a lot worse, not a lot better. We need to give these guys some time to grow together.
Not fishing bro. Honest question. Im not on the fire everyone bandwagon. I believe he deserves a chance to see what he can do without a HoF QB. The only one i think that needs to go is Barry.

You have to play who is on your schedule... if Raiders would have run all over Packers then it when have been under Bad or Ugly. Packers run defense did look better than Falcons/Lions games. They should have more difficult tests going forward... will have to see how respond.

Defense gave up 2 long drives for points that both resulted in TDs. One interception gifted a FG and the other at midfield Packers forced 3 and out. If the defense gives up 17 points in the NFL, they should expect a win... but GB´s offense so poor right now, appears that is still too much.

You only watched last 1:30 of the game, so unsure you are qualified much to discuss the game.
Ive watched enough football in my life to over qualify me to comment on any game. Besides, looking at the stats, highlights and comments lets me know just about everything I need to comment on a game. I think the defense does well but the offense doesn’t do them any favors. Too me, the problem is the defense has a hard time finishing. What I mean is, when they absolutely need a stop, for whatever reason, they can’t deliver. They tend to take a quarter, a series off. I put a good part of that blame on Barry. Why they would hire DC with a bad track record is beyond me.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched enough football in my life to over qualify me to comment on any game. Besides, looking at the stats, highlights and comments lets me know just about everything I need to comment on a game. I think the defense does well but the offense doesn’t do them any favors. Too me, the problem is the defense has a hard time finishing. What I mean is, when they absolutely need a stop, for whatever reason, they can’t deliver. They tend to take a quarter, a series off. I put a good part of that blame on Barry. Why they would hire DC with a bad track record is beyond me.

I am not much of a Barry fan either and suprised with hire... but the defense did their part in this game.

- 1st Love interception Raiders had ball at Packers 7 yard line... held them to a FG
- 2nd Love interception Raiders close to midfield... big 3rd down sack to make it a 3 and out
- Raiders did not score again after 2nd play of 4th quarter

Packers offense had several chances to take the lead in 4th quarter and put up a goose egg on the scoreboard

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not much of a Barry fan either and suprised with hire... but the defense did their part in this game.

- 1st Love interception Raiders had ball at Packers 7 yard line... held them to a FG
- 2nd Love interception Raiders close to midfield... big 3rd down sack to make it a 3 and out
- Raiders did not score again after 2nd play of 4th quarter

Packers offense had several chances to take the lead in 4th quarter and put up a goose egg on the scoreboard
I do place most of the blame on the offense in this game. Packers were up 13-10 in the 3rd qtr the defense gave up a long drive and score in the 4th to win the game. Yes, the offense failed to score afterwards but like Alexander said, we can’t let them score TDs. I know this is woulda, shoulda, coulda but had the defense not giving up the TD in the 4th, Packers come out of there with the W regardless of the inept offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do place most of the blame on the offense in this game. Packers were up 13-10 in the 3rd qtr the defense gave up a long drive and score in the 4th to win the game. Yes, the offense failed to score afterwards but like Alexander said, we can’t let them score TDs. I know this is woulda, shoulda, coulda but had the defense not giving up the TD in the 4th, Packers come out of there with the W regardless of the inept offense.

Long drive was 3rd quarter for the TD.... Raiders scored on 1st play of 4th quarter with 2 yard run.

Packers offense had 14 minutes and 56 seconds to take the lead back.

Packers offense immediately responded to the Raiders TD with inteception at mid field... Packers D got a 3 and out and got the ball back for their offense immediately and offense responded with their own 3 and out.

Blame defense all you want if it makes you feel better, but probably better to watch entire game next time.

1697135731626.png

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unrealistic to expect any defense to allow zeroes on the board for all four quarters of every game. This is NFL teams against NFL teams, not the Georgia Bulldogs against UW-Stevens Point.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long drive was 3rd quarter for the TD.... Raiders scored on 1st play of 4th quarter with 2 yard run.

Packers offense had 14 minutes and 56 seconds to take the lead back.

Packers offense immediately responded to the Raiders TD with inteception at mid field... Packers D got a 3 and out and got the ball back for their offense immediately and offense responded with their own 3 and out.

Blame defense all you want if it makes you feel better, but probably better to watch entire game next time.

View attachment 342994
Blame the offense all you want if it makes you feel better, but like i said, i dont have to see the entire game to to tell you my point is the defense failed when they gave up the go ahead TD when GB was in front.

Now, I hold the offense accountable just as much as the defense and they both lost the game. However, i think the offense should take the majority of the blame.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unrealistic to expect any defense to allow zeroes on the board for all four quarters of every game. This is NFL teams against NFL teams, not the Georgia Bulldogs against UW-Stevens Point.
Who thinks that? I dont expect that. That is ridiculous.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I’m watching the Bronco game today so I guess I’m qualified to comment.

GB’s run defense is down right atrocious. Announcer said 5th worst in the league and it’s showing today. The main reason they’re tired is they have a lot of trouble getting off the field on 3rd down.

Offense. Love isn’t very good. Maybe he gets better, maybe not. In his defense, this offense is really young and make a lot of mistakes.

Now for the good news. They’re playing a shitty Broncos team that aren’t much better and are only down by 6.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Barry is insane...keeps doing the same thing over and over and it doesn't work...but he keeps lining up and playing it the same...he has to go.

On O, I'm really tired of all the throws to the outside....threaten the middle of the field or you're just wasting time and possessions.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, Love needs to stop with the lollipop throws...put it on the guy cuz he's giving too much time for the DBs to recover

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting to get that 70’s, 80’s vibe. This is where I would say something like, “They should just tank the rest of the season and get some better draft picks.” Sad thing is, they don’t have to “Tank” anything. They’re bad enough just to lose.

Perfect remedy for a stagnant team that can’t do anything right is to play GB. The Packers will make any team look like world beaters.

All kidding aside, this is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. And when that basket leaves all your left with is a fucking mess. So much for staying competitive. Personally, a lot of bad decisions from the top. Need a decision maker like Mr. Wolf who knew how to assemble the right personnel for a SB run.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a complete fail.

Attachments

• IMG_4699.png
    IMG_4699.png
    703.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4700.jpeg
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 3

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a complete fail.

Yeah, it's bad right now. Gotta be careful not to pin this all on one person, though. We've seen this same stretch of futility from GB with Rodgers under center with both McCarthy and LaFleur running the show. Things have snowballed right now.
  • The Packers have been fighting injuries to key players all year. The most healthy this team has been was Week 1 in CHI and GB was dominant in that game.
    • The OL is the position group most prominently struggling because of it. They can't open running lanes or keep good DL out of the backfield. This team was built to rely on running the ball to be successful this year and they've been getting essentially nothing from it. Can't be successful running the ball on first and second down and wind up with 3rd & 8.
  • Bad offensive possessions to start games. GB keeps wearing out their D quickly.
    • 3 plays, 8 yds, 1:52 - punt
    • 5 plays, 11 yds, 2:44 - punt
    • 6 plays, 20 yards, 3:30 - punt
  • Self-inflicted wounds keep cutting too deep to overcome.
    • Missed FG at the end of the 1st half
    • 2nd & 10 on the DEN 44 down by 2 points with < 2 min remaining in the game. All you need is a few more yards and you're in field goal range to win. What happens?... OL takes an unnecessary holding penalty.
None of those three key issues plaguing GB right now are terminal faults (except Bakhtiari on IR, but he was gonna be rotational this year anyway).

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's bad right now. Gotta be careful not to pin this all on one person, though. We've seen this same stretch of futility from GB with Rodgers under center with both McCarthy and LaFleur running the show. Things have snowballed right now.
  • The Packers have been fighting injuries to key players all year. The most healthy this team has been was Week 1 in CHI and GB was dominant in that game.
    • The OL is the position group most prominently struggling because of it. They can't open running lanes or keep good DL out of the backfield. This team was built to rely on running the ball to be successful this year and they've been getting essentially nothing from it. Can't be successful running the ball on first and second down and wind up with 3rd & 8.
  • Bad offensive possessions to start games. GB keeps wearing out their D quickly.
    • 3 plays, 8 yds, 1:52 - punt
    • 5 plays, 11 yds, 2:44 - punt
    • 6 plays, 20 yards, 3:30 - punt
  • Self-inflicted wounds keep cutting too deep to overcome.
    • Missed FG at the end of the 1st half
    • 2nd & 10 on the DEN 44 down by 2 points with < 2 min remaining in the game. All you need is a few more yards and you're in field goal range to win. What happens?... OL takes an unnecessary holding penalty.
None of those three key issues plaguing GB right now are terminal faults (except Bakhtiari on IR, but he was gonna be rotational this year anyway).
I dont put it all on Love. On top of the injuries is the fact that this offense is very young. Lafleur has to be creative with what he has. Like McCarthy i have my doubts about Lafleur. Even with the injuries and green offense getting goose egged in the first half of the game against the worst defense in the league has to be quite embarrassing.

I dont follow the Broncos but i did hear that Wilson is a shell of his former self but looked fine against GB's defense. Once again GB went up on its opponent only to have the defense give up the go ahead score to win the game.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont put it all on Love. On top of the injuries is the fact that this offense is very young. Lafleur has to be creative with what he has. Like McCarthy i have my doubts about Lafleur. Even with the injuries and green offense getting goose egged in the first half of the game against the worst defense in the league has to be quite embarrassing.

I dont follow the Broncos but i did hear that Wilson is a shell of his former self but looked fine against GB's defense. Once again GB went up on its opponent only to have the defense give up the go ahead score to win the game.
The biggest red flag I have with LaFleur is that in both games against OAK and DEN he had EXTRA time to game plan against two of the worst defenses in the NFL and his offense was utterly atrocious the entire first half of both games. There's absolutely no good excuse to come out that bad under those circumstances. Credit to him and his team for repeatedly making second half adjustments that turn an abysmal stinker into a close game, though. LaFleur definitely needs to make some adjustments to his own coaching habits, priorities and perhaps even subordinate personnel to ensure they're ready to compete and execute for a full 60 minutes of every game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss to another bad team...

Good:
- Came back to take the lead after not scoring in 1st half
- Defense gave up some yardage first half.. but red zone defense 1st half kept score to 9-0
- Doubs wrestling ball from Surtain for the 1st TD... 2nd TD was a richocet... so neither TD pass was a great pass... receivers made the plays
- If end in tie with Broncos end of year... we should get the higher draft pick in 1st round :D

Bad:
- Carlson first missed FG of year... very makeable FG
- Several pre-snap penalties again on Packers

Ugly:
-1st half offense again... 6 points in last 4 games.... MLF sounds like a broken record talking to The Rock at post game press conference.. thought I might see a tear. Obviously nothing is working now with how they are trying to fix it.
- Run defense gave up over 5 yards a carry... Williams made some Packers look very bad... did hold them to under 150 yards rushing
- Defense 1 sack and no takeaways
- More injuries... loss Savage, Wyatt, Musgrave for good portions of game... Watson at end of game... really thinking he is made of glass. Myers went out for series, but returned.
- Some of the decision making by Love... early in game had wide open pass to right in flat for first down... but he went to left flat with receiver blanketed... pass down field and only person close to ball was Simmons for the Broncos... end of game taking the long shot and interception... there are others, but those come to mind immediately

This team is not good right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson playing better than last year... is at 99 passer rating on the year... was 98 vs Packers so pretty consistent with his performance this year.

Agree Broncos have a very bad defense... if you remove the Dolphins game entirely and 729 yards and 70 points... Broncos still giving up 382 yards a game before Packers game (bottom 5) and 26 points a game (#25)... still not very good numbers and Packers made them look very respectable.... made them look like the 85 Bears/Steel Curtain in the first half.

Packers only got 331 yards and 17 points with a bye week to prep for the game... not good at all.