• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve got to be happy so far. Would
Love another lineman.

Just be careful in excitement. Jones is raw and needs some developing, his floow is lower but his ceiling is very high. Same with porter… kincaid has injury concerns. But this looks very promising.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett will be a solid backup for a while...similar to Minshew I think

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value they got from this draft is insane. Hope it all pans out but Mr Khan take a bow… Incredible work

1.17 - Jones… Will be given every opportunity to start day 1. This is the position I hoped they would draft for and they got a consensus top 3 guy at the position. I know he’s raw but the talent is ridiculous. He may need time to develop so Dan Moore may ultimately win the job. The OL rebuild looks to be close to complete. Debatably C is the only position that could use an upgrade but they may have a plan to transition someone inside if they think Cole isn’t holding up.

2.32 - JPJ… consensus 1st rd pick. I’m surprised they didn’t trade back but Arizona likely would have taken him if they did. They obviously felt strong enough about him and to convince them to give up the pick would have taken a lot. I’m excited for him to work with P2. Let’s hope Khan has better luck with DBs. Curious if this moves Wallace inside.

2.49 - Benton… Obvious need and really happy they have invested into rebuilding this group. He slid outside of the top 40, and that’s good news for Pgh. He’s stronger but slightly less explosive version of Hargrave. I do love his violent hand technique though for his size. Benton & Leal are the future of the DL.

3.93 - Washington… Not only did they gamble by trading back from 80, but they essentially recouped their 1st rd trade capital by moving back 13 spots in both the 3rd & 4th rds to leapfrog the Jets to grab Jones. And they also STILL landed their guy that many thought they would take at 80. I’ll admit I’m not super high on this pick. Although a physical specimen, he just seems slow. Think I need to watch more film but most of what I’ve seen does not show me the “explosive” player that the pundits are calling him. This was a luxury pick but if it adds to the success of Pickett then I’m all for it. The 13 personnel offense is going to be absolutely ridiculous.

4.132 - Herbig… Hard to argue with the value here. Kid should have been long gone by this point. His size scared a lot of people off. But in reality, he’s only 10-15lbs lighter than Watt was coming out of college. Still have to wonder if they plan on transitioning him to off ball ILB given the need they have for 1. But for now he’ll most likely be a ST demon while he develops. Maybe he stacks on muscle & becomes the next in line when Highsmith cashes in outside of Pgh.

7.241 & 7.251 - Suspect they double down with OL or CB, or at least that is what I hope they do with those picks. Andrew Vorhees still being available, despite the injury, is insane to me. I doubt he falls to 241 but he would be an easy pick. All American OL in college but got injured at the combine. He would reward any team willing to invest a redshirt year into him. Still need a true slot CB. Possibly DL or WR (though I doubt it).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Yeah Washington seems very slow but if he can be that HUGE target in the middle for short yardage needs. And the explosive blocker he showed at GA that I feel is a win no matter how few catches he might have.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Yeah Washington seems very slow but if he can be that HUGE target in the middle for short yardage needs. And the explosive blocker he showed at GA that I feel is a win no matter how few catches he might have.
Sometimes the big TEs just know how to get open. Antonio Gates was a good example.

Hope he can open things up in the RZ.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadly with the two TE set now. And he is monster blocker.

And getting back the 4th round pick. Khan has been very good so far!
We have almost as many TEs on the roster as LBs..... Deadly with an offensive line of TEs???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another CB specimen… 6’3”, 200+ lbs & 4.47 speed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised I nailed the final 2 positions I hoped they’d draft… Khan & I must think alike

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' win.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen.....I haven't been the biggest beacon of positivity on this board....however.....

Holy. Mother. Fucking. Shit. From first glance, this draft was amazing. Fingers crossed that each player lives up to their potential and hype. Only "sour" note is, I would have loved to get Christian Gonzalez, I think he's the best DB in this class, but damn, I can't find a single thing to be truly upset about. The front office must have been watching a lot of Big Ten football this past year lol. All but 2 of our picks are from the Big Ten conference, with the other 2 both being from Georgia.

Also, "The Pickett Fence"? How fucking perfect is that name for our offensive line and blockers?!

Also, also, huge shoutout to my NFC team, the Carolina Panthers, for giving us 93 and 132, which ended up being Darnell Washington and Nick Herbig.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Take it how you will. On PFF’s big board. We only drafted 1 player outside their top 80. F yeah value base drafting…. This is what I love. Ok khan, I see you.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen.....I haven't been the biggest beacon of positivity on this board....however.....

Holy. Mother. Fucking. Shit. From first glance, this draft was amazing. Fingers crossed that each player lives up to their potential and hype. Only "sour" note is, I would have loved to get Christian Gonzalez, I think he's the best DB in this class, but damn, I can't find a single thing to be truly upset about. The front office must have been watching a lot of Big Ten football this past year lol. All but 2 of our picks are from the Big Ten conference, with the other 2 both being from Georgia.

Also, "The Pickett Fence"? How fucking perfect is that name for our offensive line and blockers?!

Also, also, huge shoutout to my NFC team, the Carolina Panthers, for giving us 93 and 132, which ended up being Darnell Washington and Nick Herbig.
mike tyson hug GIF by ADWEEK