• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 MLB Draft July 17-19 - An Extensive Look At Top Draft Prospects

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a TRUE ACE.......

Perez is fine to re-sign, Gray is serviceable and the rest have yet to prove anything. Keep them all, they'll never all be healthy and on top of their game at the same time.

We need a #1 that takes the ball every 5 days and can give you a QS and is almost as sure to win a regular season game as the Rangers are to screw up a trade. A guy that can get you 2 starts in a playoff series and you feel good about getting to the next series
So do you go after him in free agency or would you trade for one, and when would you do so?

My thought has always been that you wait until we are in position of needing one and trade for a rental like we did with Cliff Lee in 2010.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Melendez went at pick 43.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, this is great.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Melendez went at pick 43.

A bit lower than I thought but not where most had him projected on day 2 of the draft. That is why most of these mocks are purely subjective

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you go after him in free agency or would you trade for one, and when would you do so?

My thought has always been that you wait until we are in position of needing one and trade for a rental like we did with Cliff Lee in 2010.

It is a difficult question because it is so hypothetical. I am of the thought that you draft well and grow your own talent and make trades when it is at the most opportune times and you can get the most talent without giving up a ton because of another team's needs.

All that being said it isn't my money, so I spend big at every opportunity in FA. I would love to be the Dodgers and have an open checkbook and spend at will. So my answer is go buy your guy.

Problem is, there isn't always one of that type available in FA when you need one most and you have to win the bidding war against other teams when you try and go that route.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have much faith in the Rangers medical team, after the Fielder debacle.

Unfortunately my faith has begun to waiver in all their processes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyman puts the Rangers as the top possibility for a Soto trade.

1. Rangers: Texas showed it’s one of the big players when it spent a half of a billion dollars on the double-play combo of Corey Seager and Marcus Semien this winter. Could the Rangers go for another $500M? Odds: 10-1

Early unconfirmed speculation is that the Nats would request a team’s top four prospects and/or young major leaguers and perhaps a willingness to take Patrick Corbin’s bloated contract. With this kind of player, almost anything in the ask should be considered fair game.
I think the Padres would be best bet if traded. They have Hassel and CJ as a start to include

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that in mind, would it be a mistake to go out and trade for a pitcher at the deadline?

Since the team probably isn't going to make the playoffs anyway (and shouldn't even be shooting for that) who gives a damn about what the date is. If you have the chance to improve the outlook of the team while using up some of the teams fodder why the hell not...

And not all trades should be viewed in the prism of helping right now you have to keep the farm stocked for the future 3-4 years down the road. The team went all in before and completely screwed themselves cause the cupboard was empty when refills were needed...

Does that change anyone's mind about needing to extend Perez, because he will most likely want a 3 to 5 year deal?

If he continues to eat innings and keeps his era under 3.50-4 why not offer 3 years at somewhere around $10-13 with incentives for ERA, wins, innings pitched, etc...

Should we pursue a free agent pitcher this coming offseason?

Another player like Perez wouldn't be a bad thing for 1-2 years if you thing the younguns are going to pan out. If you don't think they will then there are some good names available or may be available if they opt out or options aren't picked up...

And don't forget about off season trades we picked up Hamilton that way and got rid of A-Wad...

I would imagine a couple of pitching rich teams have 1-2 pitchers they may not have room for on their rosters next year and would like to get something out of them. The team looks like it's going to have to free up some 40 man roster spots so using some of that fodder and a few decent prospects sprinkled in the mix to get a few good pitching prospects that maybe could be used next year isn't a bad thing...

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An abundance of pitching will never be a problem, acquire as much as possible. If it doesn't work itself out, you can always adjust. Upgrade and then upgrade again as well.
Of course that is a truism but the Rangers have to spread the money around wisely. Huge need for closer next year and years to come
Just so early am not sure we have what it takes within system for this

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a TRUE ACE.......

Perez is fine to re-sign, Gray is serviceable and the rest have yet to prove anything. Keep them all, they'll never all be healthy and on top of their game at the same time.

We need a #1 that takes the ball every 5 days and can give you a QS and is almost as sure to win a regular season game as the Rangers are to screw up a trade. A guy that can get you 2 starts in a playoff series and you feel good about getting to the next series
Let’s become a true playoff team and then spend on this as a finishing piece.
We have a ways to go. This team with one ri losses does not even know how to win the close games. To me it is obvious. Winning bulldog mentality is not there yet

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a difficult question because it is so hypothetical. I am of the thought that you draft well and grow your own talent and make trades when it is at the most opportune times and you can get the most talent without giving up a ton because of another team's needs.

All that being said it isn't my money, so I spend big at every opportunity in FA. I would love to be the Dodgers and have an open checkbook and spend at will. So my answer is go buy your guy.

Problem is, there isn't always one of that type available in FA when you need one most and you have to win the bidding war against other teams when you try and go that route.
I think the Rangers have established a foundation minus a CF (which looks good now)
Big holes are defense and Adolis plus another OF. May have to be patient with rest even Smith who has cooled down considerably
Obviously pitching is needed and patience as well