• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never support a division rival to win a ring but good on him on that contract I did not think he was going to get a 5 year deal worth that kind of money. Now the Rams D has an elite pass rusher, elite tackler and an elite corner.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never support a division rival to win a ring but good on him on that contract I did not think he was going to get a 5 year deal worth that kind of money. Now the Rams D has an elite pass rusher, elite tackler and an elite corner.

Would have to see the contract details first, but I'm sure he'll never see years 4-5 of that contract, hopefully he does. Great player.

That said, $7M per for Bobby would've been an A+ grade... so $10M is not far off IMO. I think I gave the Rams an A- for it. It's not a bargain contract so can't give it a high grade, but it really all depends on the guaranteed and how it's structured. At face value $10M per is about right. If it's low guaranteed or easy to cut him after 2-3 years and receive little to no dead cap, then I'd bump it to an A+.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks re-sign Penny Hart

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinds wondering what's up with Rasheem Green. He's still young, coming off a solid campaign, yet I've heard next to nothing about him this offseason. The only news has been a visit to the Ravens over a week ago. Personally, I see him as a young player who's improved every year, yet we signed Quinton Jefferson for nearly $5 million per year. Wonder what Rasheem is asking for, or what other issues I'm not seeing is - cause he doesn't look like he has much a market at all.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can root for Bobby No matter what team he plays on. It has nothing at all to do with the Rams, I am rooting for Bobby and Bobby only. I would have LOVED to keep him for 10M a year as I feel he is well worth that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Noah Fant is here to stay.

Seattle has never really had a great tight end in recent years even in the Holmgren era... Fant certainly has incredible athletic upside, but also issues with blocking/hands. He's not a COMPLETE package (at least as of now). That said, sounds like Seattle is hopeful he can be the guy. Dissly's contract is still baffling to me, but if Seattle plans to run two tight end sets those guys are very much yin/yang to each other. One is a downfield/speed threat, the other is more of a blocking/close-mid range threat.

All said, Fant is 24 years old.... and will be 25 mid way through the season.... so keeping him on the roster makes sense... sounds like Seattle very strongly considered that as part of the trade of Wilson.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

booooo

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, you just get the feeling that the front office has no idea what they're doing.....

Well the way I look at it:

1) Geno Smith's contract reportedly is only $4M, $7M with incentives. Is Geno Smith a decent backup and worth $4M? Yes.
2) Drew Lock is cheap anyway, so who cares. Competition at all levels (CORRECT).
3) Seattle is clearly not ready to award the job automatically to Lock (CORRECT), take on a huge contract like Mayfraud (CORRECT), nor were they ever ready to trade for other QBs that are out of their prime (CORRECT).
4) IF Seattle's drafts a QB (pending the round MAYBE that's correct - who knows) by the 3rd round, then you likely believe that's your potential starter and again want competition at all levels (CORRECT).

What I will say is INCORRECT, is starting Geno Smith for the entire season unless we're going 17-0 (lol) or just ending the season 5-12 with Smith. Drew Lock is still 25 and will be for another 6 months. COULD he be a franchise QB? HIGHLY doubtful but age wise, yes. Does the NFL really know what Drew Lock's potential is at this point? Not 100%, sometimes a change of scenery, different coach/team mentality, etc. can change things. Now that said we pretty much know Drew Lock is not going to be the future. Also said, WE KNOW FOR CERTAIN Geno Smith is not the future. That's 100%.

So at least start Lock, find out if there's anything there... If there's not that probably gives you a better chance to get a higher pick... and then with a bunch of 2 year contracts and massive cap room in the next 2 years, you go flat out all in.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I look at it:

1) Geno Smith's contract reportedly is only $4M, $7M with incentives. Is Geno Smith a decent backup and worth $4M? Yes.
2) Drew Lock is cheap anyway, so who cares. Competition at all levels (CORRECT).
3) Seattle is clearly not ready to award the job automatically to Lock (CORRECT), take on a huge contract like Mayfraud (CORRECT), nor were they ever ready to trade for other QBs that are out of their prime (CORRECT).
4) IF Seattle's drafts a QB (pending the round MAYBE that's correct - who knows) by the 3rd round, then you likely believe that's your potential starter and again want competition at all levels (CORRECT).

What I will say is INCORRECT, is starting Geno Smith for the entire season unless we're going 17-0 (lol) or just ending the season 5-12 with Smith. Drew Lock is still 25 and will be for another 6 months. COULD he be a franchise QB? HIGHLY doubtful but age wise, yes. Does the NFL really know what Drew Lock's potential is at this point? Not 100%, sometimes a change of scenery, different coach/team mentality, etc. can change things. Now that said we pretty much know Drew Lock is not going to be the future. Also said, WE KNOW FOR CERTAIN Geno Smith is not the future. That's 100%.

So at least start Lock, find out if there's anything there... If there's not that probably gives you a better chance to get a higher pick... and then with a bunch of 2 year contracts and massive cap room in the next 2 years, you go flat out all in.

Smith, a decent backup? Hardly. I wanted him cut outright after his inability to play while Russell was down, not given a 4x pay raise (let alone 7). I'd have the same opinion if the contract was worth only $4 million. That was even before his 96 mph joy ride leading him to threaten the police, and that's even if he wasn't really under the influence - as he claims.

I don't care about competition in this case. I don't want Smith. I would've rather any number of other QBs to come in and compete against Lock, rather than Smith. Hell, there's plenty who would've jumped at the idea of a shot for a fraction of what Smith is being offered. Josh Rosen, Mike Glennon, Ryan Fitzpatrick would've all been better options for the money.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYSA, reports are the Browns will eat some of Bakers contract and there's also this.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a upgrade over Lock no matter if you like it or not it's the truth. I wouldn't trade for him but if released I would sign him and dump Geno.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a upgrade over Lock no matter if you like it or not it's the truth. I wouldn't trade for him but if released I would sign him and dump Geno.
Won't signing depend on what kind of contract it would take? The danger of having Mayfield besides cost is the danger he plays JUST good enough that the temptation to resign him happens. Speaking for myself I want to avoid that because Mayfield is going to be a career back up. As for Lock, doesn't have good credentials but he hasn't really played much and there is still room to at least hope he could be developed and if he fails or if he only plays OK, heck even if he plays good, the Seahawks are still drafting their QB of the future next draft and THAT is what needs to happen. Forget about adding yet one more retread because he may stink a little less then the two we have.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't signing depend on what kind of contract it would take? The danger of having Mayfield besides cost is the danger he plays JUST good enough that the temptation to resign him happens. Speaking for myself I want to avoid that because Mayfield is going to be a career back up. As for Lock, doesn't have good credentials but he hasn't really played much and there is still room to at least hope he could be developed and if he fails or if he only plays OK, heck even if he plays good, the Seahawks are still drafting their QB of the future next draft and THAT is what needs to happen. Forget about adding yet one more retread because he may stink a little less then the two we have.

I get your trepidation but I don't think we have seen the best of Mayfield, I mean come on it's "CLEVELAND" they are the Lions 2.0 lol. I feel Tom Brady would have only a slightly better record there if he played for the Browns. Sure Mayfield is not a big Stud but he is Dynamic enough and has the skill that just is not maturing or growing. Imagine if Wilson never grew/improved his Skill level from his rookie season. I wouldn't trade for Mayfield but if the hawks can pick him up as a Free agent at around say 7Mill to 10 Mill I am all for it. I would rather to See Mayfield and Lock battle it out not Lock and Geno. lol

We need competition at QB in the worst way. Imagine if someone steps up and shows the talent either one was drafted for? The Hawks then have 2 first to continue to solidify this roster for another big long run. If not then They have the Firepower and board Pieces to make a trade for the #1 QB in 2023.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need competition at QB in the worst way. Imagine if someone steps up and shows the talent either one was drafted for? The Hawks then have 2 first to continue to solidify this roster for another big long run.
This is exactly what worries me. Pete can't let fools gold keep him from drafting the teams franchise QB next draft.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go out and Kill it Bobby! One of the best MLB ever, go chase that 2nd ring!
I find it much easier to root for Bobby on the Rams than I do for RW on the Broncos... Wilson wanted to leave - Bobby didn't...