• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like bringing Penny back on that 1 year deal. It's as close to zero risk for the team as you can get for someone with that level of talent, which we all saw on the field the 2nd half of the season. If he doesn't play even a single down in '22, it's just a little bit of cap space that isn't going to matter much this year anyway.

Maybe Carson's health leads to him getting released (and saving almost all of the cap space that pays for Penny), and then I suspect that paves the way for a draftee as the backup or another low-rent FA.

Penny is playing for a '23 payday. We'll get the absolute best he has in '22, and it will come at a fairly cheap price. Nothing to dislike here unless you just have bug up your ass about Penny.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like bringing Penny back on that 1 year deal. It's as close to zero risk for the team as you can get for someone with that level of talent, which we all saw on the field the 2nd half of the season. If he doesn't play even a single down in '22, it's just a little bit of cap space that isn't going to matter much this year anyway.

Maybe Carson's health leads to him getting released (and saving almost all of the cap space that pays for Penny), and then I suspect that paves the way for a draftee as the backup or another low-rent FA.

Penny is playing for a '23 payday. We'll get the absolute best he has in '22, and it will come at a fairly cheap price. Nothing to dislike here unless you just have bug up your ass about Penny.

I'm still a little skeptical because the defenses they were playing were HORRIBLE run defenses (including the worst as Houston).

STILL, the guy is certainly talented. He's always averaged pretty good yardage, he can never stay healthy though.

That said, 1 year prove it deals are fine so it's an A grade. Mostert got a little over $3M and he's almost 30... so while the market isn't demanding runningbacks at the moment, they're still getting some cash, just on shorter deals. It also would've been maddening if he'd left, gone somewhere else and broke out... especially after spending a 1st on him.

That said, if Penny gets injured again this year, then time to move on. I would imagine Seattle will spend a 3rd or 4th on another runningback, though.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baker may field is a good idea...but..not for a first round this year...a first round next year....

we are trying to make a point..and..nfl..is blocking our point....block my next payment....big dummies

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baker may field is a good idea...but..not for a first round this year...a first round next year....

Your suggesting giving 2023 first for Baker Mayfield ?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah trade for mayfield...then trade..lock...then draft willis sounds like a plan...

#1willis..or trade down..

something ..get him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah trade for mayfield...then trade..lock...then draft willis sounds like a plan...

something ..get him
Loved the video. Did you even listen to it? I asked because you want to trade a 1st for Baker and the video is suggesting a 5 th and the Browns paying the bulk of his salary.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

something ..get him

I know you like to shot gun it and see what sticks after posting every prospect you can find, but a top 10 pick for Willis is a reach. Even those who are saying Willis goes in the first admit that he's not ready to play, but he might have the ceiling to develop into a good QB. Maybe it's because his 2/7 TD/INT ratio against top 25 competition in his 2 years as a starter leaves them slightly worried, but his combine measurables are impressive.

In the last 6 years there have been 8 QBs taken in the first round from colleges that were either independents, small schools or just not known for good football programs. Only 1 of those is undisputedly a good pick. Every other one is a bust, regretted or hasn't lived up to the pick yet.

2021 - Zach Wilson, BYU
2021 - Trey Lance, North Dakota St.
2020 - Jordan Love, Utah St
2019 - Daniel Jones, Duke
2018 - Josh Allen, Wyoming
2017 - Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2016 - Carson Wentz, North Dakota St
2016 - Paxtin Lynch, Memphis

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbArtie Burns/ need a nickle who can back up

RdeL.J. Collier#2mid/EDGE Sam Williams - Ole Miss..the fastast de..in reacint..3rd on combine all time..soi i will have him work. with collier
im not doeing the the LBers..asit seems the streangth ritgh now

dt/nt...Poona Ford............./byron/mome/ DL Otito Ogbonnia - UCLA..he is strong#5

dtQuinton Jefferson/need a 3techpass rusher..idk who

LDEShelby Harris/4 EDGE Michael Clemons - Texas A&M3rd or 4th round

cbSidney Jones IV..i have this as............................................................................................................................Jamal Adams Q..ssMarquise Blair Q
69Tariq Woolen, UTSA..hopefully the next coming..of ..sherman#2lat.........................................eQuandre Diggs Q..FSCB Zyon McCollum - Sam Houston State...i just want a big fs..as a backup...#60r 7.hes an athelet.FS/cb
this is where..i am at
if they get this guy
mayfield..
#1 willis
2sean ryan
2sam williams
21 RB Isaiah Spiller - Texas A&M

have to trade in for this one
2Tariq Woolen, UTSA
3 EDGE Michael Clemons - Texas A&M3rd or 4th round

4 nickle o
5DL Otito Ogbonnia -ucla
5SCB Zyon McCollum

#7..your choice
that is 2 extra #2s..nothing i can do about it.cuz i want those guys

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like to shot gun it and see what sticks after posting every prospect you can find, but a top 10 pick for Willis is a reach. Even those who are saying Willis goes in the first admit that he's not ready to play, but he might have the ceiling to develop into a good QB. Maybe it's because his 2/7 TD/INT ratio against top 25 competition in his 2 years as a starter leaves them slightly worried, but his combine measurables are impressive.

In the last 6 years there have been 8 QBs taken in the first round from colleges that were either independents, small schools or just not known for good football programs. Only 1 of those is undisputedly a good pick. Every other one is a bust, regretted or hasn't lived up to the pick yet.

2021 - Zach Wilson, BYU
2021 - Trey Lance, North Dakota St.
2020 - Jordan Love, Utah St
2019 - Daniel Jones, Duke
2018 - Josh Allen, Wyoming
2017 - Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2016 - Carson Wentz, North Dakota St
2016 - Paxtin Lynch, Memphis
ok here..is the rest of the guys...from some peolps..point of view....yeah up there...

ill go with your ..qb...accuracy is a plus........

sean ryan can..LT.or Lg..with leaves room..for a LT later..or free A one

i accually kiked 2 other pickoff...soo

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here..is the rest of the guys...from some peolps..point of view....yeah up there...

ill go with your ..qb...accuracy is a plus........

sean ryan can..LT.or Lg..with leaves room..for a LT later..or free A one

Yes, accuracy is really important. Willis has accuracy questions. Most of the guys on the list actually had better completion percentages their final year in college than Willis.

73.5 - Wilson
68.0 - Trubisky
66.9 - Lance*
66.8 - Lynch
62.5 - Wentz
61.9 - Love
61.1 - Willis
60.5 - Jones
56.3 - Allen

Surprisingly enough, the best of them all had the worst completion percentage in college. Though I do remember that accuracy was one of the questions on Allen coming out of college.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think that small school QBs can't be successful in the NFL. I just don't see much success for them with early draft picks. I'd be much happier with Willis in the third, which is where I think his skills would normally rank him, but with this year's QBs he's probably a mid-1st rounder, and I don't want to be saddled with the next Johnny Manziel, Mark Sanchez or any other highly drafted QB that sets the team back 5 to 10 years.

* - Lane played one game his final year, so used his second to last year (50.0 in that one game).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, accuracy is really important. Willis has accuracy questions. Most of the guys on the list actually had better completion percentages their final year in college than Willis.

73.5 - Wilson
68.0 - Trubisky
66.9 - Lance*
66.8 - Lynch
62.5 - Wentz
61.9 - Love
61.1 - Willis
60.5 - Jones
56.3 - Allen

Surprisingly enough, the best of them all had the worst completion percentage in college. Though I do remember that accuracy was one of the questions on Allen coming out of college.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think that small school QBs can't be successful in the NFL. I just don't see much success for them with early draft picks. I'd be much happier with Willis in the third, which is where I think his skills would normally rank him, but with this year's QBs he's probably a mid-1st rounder, and I don't want to be saddled with the next Johnny Manziel, Mark Sanchez or any other highly drafted QB that sets the team back 5 to 10 years.

* - Lane played one game his final year, so used his second to last year (50.0 in that one game).

Agreed. I've said in some posts Seattle could draft Willis with 9th overall, do I WANT that to happen? No. I'm just trying to predict a Seattle draft pick (which is extremely difficult to do as I'm sure you can all attest to).

That said, I do NOT mind taking a flyer on a QB in the 2nd round if there's one there they like. I don't think it's wasteful to spend a 2nd round (when you have 2) on a QB to see if there's anything there and if you essentially get 'lucky'. Corral is what I think might happen but granted the only real successful QB that came out of that school was Eli who was hardly as good as his brother (although did win 2 SBOWLs, mostly on the back of a defense - but where have we seen that before? lol).

I'd rather target a left tackle in the 1st ESPECIALLY now since we didn't get Trenton Brown and left tackles are nearly impossible to find if young/talented in free agency.

Seattle does have a # of holes, but I don't think spending a 2nd on a QB is a bad thing.. and then you have Lock and the rookie to battle it out for a starting spot. I heavily disagree with a number of Hawks fans saying to 'tank this season'. I've never liked that approach. When you bottom out that hard it means there's way more wrong with the FO/team than just the quarterback position, and it's likely not going to translate well into the future. YES, you might hit on something like Manning, but there's often WAY more misses than hits. And, if everyone thinks Lock sucks and is going to 'tank' then he shouldn't be starting...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could legit see a couple Qbs taken before #9. Panthers and falcons are very thirsty right now. This would be best case scenario for us

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I've said in some posts Seattle could draft Willis with 9th overall, do I WANT that to happen? No. I'm just trying to predict a Seattle draft pick (which is extremely difficult to do as I'm sure you can all attest to).

That said, I do NOT mind taking a flyer on a QB in the 2nd round if there's one there they like. I don't think it's wasteful to spend a 2nd round (when you have 2) on a QB to see if there's anything there and if you essentially get 'lucky'. Corral is what I think might happen but granted the only real successful QB that came out of that school was Eli who was hardly as good as his brother (although did win 2 SBOWLs, mostly on the back of a defense - but where have we seen that before? lol).

I'd rather target a left tackle in the 1st ESPECIALLY now since we didn't get Trenton Brown and left tackles are nearly impossible to find if young/talented in free agency.

Seattle does have a # of holes, but I don't think spending a 2nd on a QB is a bad thing.. and then you have Lock and the rookie to battle it out for a starting spot. I heavily disagree with a number of Hawks fans saying to 'tank this season'. I've never liked that approach. When you bottom out that hard it means there's way more wrong with the FO/team than just the quarterback position, and it's likely not going to translate well into the future. YES, you might hit on something like Manning, but there's often WAY more misses than hits. And, if everyone thinks Lock sucks and is going to 'tank' then he shouldn't be starting...

I have seen 2 drafts that have us taking Charles Cross T Mississippi State.

Prisico and Jeremiah

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen 2 drafts that have us taking Charles Cross T Mississippi State.

Prisico and Jeremiah

I'd be perfectly happy with Cross or a slight trade back if he's gone and take the best tackle. Left tackles are so hard to find in free agency (just like a QB) and we didn't get Trenton Brown.

I DO like Stone Forsythe, but it would be good to get additional insurance. We've actually got a pretty formidable front 7 D at the moment with Harris/Ford/Woods/Jefferson/Brooks/Nwosu/Taylor.... I think the EDGE pick with the #9 is actually not as good. Don't get me wrong, I think we should shore it up in the 2nd... but the 1st rounder needs to be OL IMO. The 2nd can be a QB if you like one, EDGE, CB, whatever. 3rd IMO should be the runningback position, there's lots of talent in that round at the position and I don't trust Penny will stay healthy.

Reactions: MrS

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the signing of Justin Coleman yesterday. That should put pressure on Amadi in the nickel, if Coleman is anything near where he was when he left three years ago - though PFF has his last 2 years being pretty bad. But maybe a return to a system he succeeded in could be good for him.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of back and forth about Penny on these boards, but not much about Carson.

Apparently he is recovering nicely from his neck surgery but the bigger takeaway is that the injury apparently isn't necessarily career ending. They state that it isn't like Kam's or Avril's were.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2