• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brooks is ready. I'll miss Bobby but I think his time has come .

He's definitely not a 20 million a year player at this point in his career. I really hope that we can figure out a way for him to retire as a Seahawk though. Restructure his contract to a manageable number for 2022.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here Bobby is setting the NFL Record for most tackles in a season and you all think he is washed up because the team is bad around him. oof

Is he slower? yes, Did he miss some tackles yes, he can't always make 99% of his tackles thats just a crazy rate to keep up. Then you have the fact that the Hawks were dropping their linebackers so deep that when people caught the ball and were tackled by the linebackers they all ready had gotten 10 yards or more. Bobby shouldn't be running with RB or TE to often anyway when you have a SS playing that linebacker spot as often as Adams does.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here Bobby is setting the NFL Record for most tackles in a season and you all think he is washed up because the team is bad around him. oof

Is he slower? yes, Did he miss some tackles yes, he can't always make 99% of his tackles thats just a crazy rate to keep up. Then you have the fact that the Hawks were dropping their linebackers so deep that when people caught the ball and were tackled by the linebackers they all ready had gotten 10 yards or more. Bobby shouldn't be running with RB or TE to often anyway when you have a SS playing that linebacker spot as often as Adams does.

A few clarifications.

Bobby Wagner is no where close to breaking a NFL record for tackles. Bobby has 170 combined tackles. The NFL record is 214. With regards to solo tackles, Bobby has 92 solo tackles and the record is 156 by Ray Lewis.

I don't think that Bobby is washed but he's most certainly not a 20 million a year player at this point in his career.

I think that we have 2 linebackers in the top 3 of tackles this seasons tells us that our defense is probably leaving the LBs out to dry way too much.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that he has to be in position to make these tackles due us being one of the worst in the league in TOP on defense... I believe that he broke a Seahawks record not an NFL record...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that he has to be in position to make these tackles due us being one of the worst in the league in TOP on defense... I believe that he broke a Seahawks record not an NFL record...

When you have, by far, the most defensive snaps in the NFL, you are going to have a lot of counting stats.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby isn't washed up, but the juice has to be worth the squeeze. And 20 mil is a lot of juice

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a Seahawks player you haven't advocated for their trade, cut or just generally complained about how much they suck?

I was right about penny from day 1, a complete waste of a pick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few clarifications.

Bobby Wagner is no where close to breaking a NFL record for tackles. Bobby has 170 combined tackles. The NFL record is 214. With regards to solo tackles, Bobby has 92 solo tackles and the record is 156 by Ray Lewis.

I don't think that Bobby is washed but he's most certainly not a 20 million a year player at this point in his career.

I think that we have 2 linebackers in the top 3 of tackles this seasons tells us that our defense is probably leaving the LBs out to dry way too much.

I kept getting 174 as the record for the regular season ( Playoffs not included ), I still get it more often than not but I did find the 214 from 1993.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right about penny from day 1, a complete waste of a pick.

No, you weren't. And even if it is conceded you were, how does the saying go - "even a broken clock is right twice a day"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Seahawks are going to have to create additional cap space and Bobby is the most obvious candidate for that. 56 million in cap space may sound like a lot but with 30 FA it is not near enough, just to replace them with league minimum players is going to evaporate that space.

minimum.png

Now consider some of the FA some have suggested.

FA to sign.png

The above ^^^^ is $24 million for 3 players and if the other spots are filled with 1million on average players the cap space is going to evaporate. The cap space the Seahawks have is actually horrible and it's going to take some real cap magic ( which usually mean kicking the can down the road) to have a better roster then this season. Which is one of the reason I felt a full rebuild was needed regardless of the staff ( Pete or someone new).

Edit: Seahawks draft cost will be $6,213,599 in up coming draft.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Seahawks are going to have to create additional cap space and Bobby is the most obvious candidate for that. 56 million in cap space may sound like a lot but with 30 FA it is not near enough, just to replace them with league minimum players is going to evaporate that space.

View attachment 285648

View attachment 285649

The above ^^^^ is $24 million for 3 players and if the other spots are filled with 1million on average players the cap space is going to evaporate. The cap space the Seahawks have is actually horrible and it's going to take some real cap magic ( which usually mean kicking the can down the road) to have a better roster then this season. Which is one of the reason I felt a full rebuild was needed regardless of the staff ( Pete or someone new).

Love the thought of bringing Britt back, he was the only center I have seen on this team that actually could handle Donald with out getting knocked on his butt every play lol. Plus he was better than any center we had on this team this year, maybe not a lot better but better and MUCH stronger he is a BEAST and a massive mountain of a man.

I really wonder how he would have turned out at RT had they not moved him all over the place his first 3-4 seasons. His rookie season was NOT THAT BAD at RT and I would say it was as good or better than the RT play we have had sense lol. I know thats not saying much but what if he had time to improve at RT instead of trying to plug him in at RG, LG and Center over the years?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 285648

View attachment 285649

My assumption would be that the early years of those free agent contracts will be significantly less on the cap then their later years, thus not exactly costing $24 million in 2022.

It's also worth noting, that Seattle never goes after the top free agents, and almost never on the oline.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption would be that the early years of those free agent contracts will be significantly less on the cap then their later years, thus not exactly costing $24 million in 2022.

It's also worth noting, that Seattle never goes after the top free agents, and almost never on the oline.
I liked your targets and feel those are players that are realistic for the Seahawks to pursue. I just wanted to show that the cap space situation is tough for the Seahawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked your targets and feel those are players that are realistic for the Seahawks to pursue. I just wanted to show that the cap space situation is tough for the Seahawks.

For sure. Cap never really stretches as far as you want it. There are a couple cuts that could generate some more space (Myers, Carson, Hyder), as well as some players are up for renegotiations (Wagner, Ford) that could save a few more million against the cap.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you weren't. And even if it is conceded you were, how does the saying go - "even a broken clock is right twice a day"
just concede. i called it a bad pick and it was 100% a bad pick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. I don't agree with you. Not only is it nice to finally see Penny healthy after his ACL from 2 years ago, his 2 130 yard games in the last 3 are the most by a Seattle runner since Dec. 2019 and Penny has 3 of the top 4 running performances over the last 3 years. When healthy, Penny is extremely effective - it just took a while for him to come back from the ACL.

Bringing Penny back on a 1 year team friendly prove it deal is a minimum risk and could pay high rewards.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't work out due to injuries, but while healthy he's shown he can play very well. If they can sign him for something close to league minimum then he'd be worth considering.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I don't agree with you. Not only is it nice to finally see Penny healthy after his ACL from 2 years ago, his 2 130 yard games in the last 3 are the most by a Seattle runner since Dec. 2019 and Penny has 3 of the top 4 running performances over the last 3 years. When healthy, Penny is extremely effective - it just took a while for him to come back from the ACL.

Bringing Penny back on a 1 year team friendly prove it deal is a minimum risk and could pay high rewards.
holy shit you are delusional. 3 games out of a 4 year career justifies a first round pick?

you just refuse to admit I was right, its ok, I get it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit you are delusional. 3 games out of a 4 year career justifies a first round pick?

you just refuse to admit I was right, its ok, I get it.

No, I just don't care for your opinion. You've ridiculed every move this team has made for a decade and have had zero self-awareness of any time you have ever been wrong. Anything that can possibly be seen as going your way and you thump your chest and declare your superiority.

I don't care about justifying Penny's draft position, so why are you so adamant that his draft position be introduced in this discussion. That's history and can't be undone (BTW, I generally think it's best to avoid RBs in the first round). You can talk about a draft four years ago, I'm discussing whether a 1 year prove it deal is worth the investment now.

You get so wrapped up on whether or not your opinion is superior to everyone else that you can't even see past Penny's previous draft position to even contemplate anything beyond his removal from the team. Same thing you did with Harvin, Graham, and countless other Seahawks players you hate. Hell, I've yet to figure out exactly what it is that you like about the team.

Sorry you need to justify your pessimistic outlook on the team by demanding everyone see the future as hopeless as you do, but I think I'll just enjoy the mental exercise of contemplating about football.