• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely wonder if any of these guys will back out of the agreement. They couldn't have considered the level of pull the Lakers might have had and their roles vastly diminished.

Yeah but they also get the chance to play with 5 future HOFers and will probably get a deep playoff run at worst.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Kornheiser: "The Lakers are performing the senior tour. They are going to petition the League to start at 5pm so they can be asleep by 7:30."

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has a lot of miles on him, along with relying on uber athleticism. For him, it's something to watch for..
They'll load manage AD and James, possibly RW for that reason.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they also get the chance to play with 5 future HOFers and will probably get a deep playoff run at worst.

Life in the NBA is finite. The vets and guys who have already earned their fare share of money will likely not mind that situation at all. A younger guy like Malik Monk who was hoping to probably build value through being a contributor on a championship contender has now likely gone to a spot minutes guy isn't what I would personally want.

Like I said in another post there are very few people in the NBA at any given time that should be willing to take less. That's why Demar Derozan took 85M in Chicago over the chance to win a championship in his home city for the MLE.

I don't fault the players at all for getting every dollar they can. It's the organizations responsibility to spend responsibly and in the best way for them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life in the NBA is finite. The vets and guys who have already earned their fare share of money will likely not mind that situation at all. A younger guy like Malik Monk who was hoping to probably build value through being a contributor on a championship contender has now likely gone to a spot minutes guy isn't what I would personally want.

Like I said in another post there are very few people in the NBA at any given time that should be willing to take less. That's why Demar Derozan took 85M in Chicago over the chance to win a championship in his home city for the MLE.

I don't fault the players at all for getting every dollar they can. It's the organizations responsibility to spend responsibly and in the best way for them.

Yes, but there's is a slight difference between a 23 year old who has only started one game in his entire career and now has the chance to call Lebron, AD, Westbrook and Melo his teammates, to a veteran former all-star who has to pick between playing for his hometown for the MLE or taking $20m+ a year at what now looks to be a solid team in the East

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely wonder if any of these guys will back out of the agreement. They couldn't have considered the level of pull the Lakers might have had and their roles vastly diminished.
Or maybe they all signed for a chance to win a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! Is it 2006 again with someone saying someone else is mad on the Internet? You got some Montel Jordan playing in the background too? Getting Jiggy With It with Will Smith?
I mean, you've seen his posts. Cannot imagine you expected him to say, "ya got me fightin. I was way off on Drummond and so many others were right."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they value a possible championship over playing time or a big contract in the future, I think most of these guys knew what they were getting into...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree.

After taxes, and agent fees, and body maintenance, prob. at least 60% of that money is gone. They dont have the option to take it over 30 years and spread it out and get a reduced tax burden.

is a guy gets paid 20M in any given year- I would say maybe 8M makes it to his bank account after agent fees, and taking care of themselves for the game, and taxes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Jackson is still available, some good names that could accept less if they don't get any stellar offers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they all signed for a chance to win a title?
the funny thing is- in a vacuum- Drummond is definitely considered more talented than any of these guys and he was a non factor last year.

I saw the Cavs trade for Channing Frye when he was hitting 40% of his 3's and he literally barely did anything his first year there and by the 2nd he was unplayable. Same with Richard Jefferson.

out of the vet. min guys- half- if your lucky- will work out.

What makes you think anyone (beside Monk) will be better than Wesley Mathews was?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Wiseman gets for not getting drafted by the Cavs. :heh:
Have to say that comment (and sushi's) gave me a chuckle, but something tells me you have more confidence in Mobley than Wiseman?

Either way, sure, way too early to close book on Wiseman but wiggy not wrong saying he got off to bad start in his career.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they value a possible championship over playing time or a big contract in the future, I think most of these guys knew what they were getting into...

Nunn and Monk are young enough to get a big contract later on.