• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing is- in a vacuum- Drummond is definitely considered more talented than any of these guys and he was a non factor last year.

I saw the Cavs trade for Channing Frye when he was hitting 40% of his 3's and he literally barely did anything his first year there and by the 2nd he was unplayable. Same with Richard Jefferson.

out of the vet. min guys- half- if your lucky- will work out.

What makes you think anyone (beside Monk) will be better than Wesley Mathews was?

Nunn - young guy that could see more minutes but sporadic mins depending on how he is playing bc there is always a guy that can replace you.
THT and Monk - will probably see minutes on the simple fact they are young and provide scorers off the bench.

Gasol & Ellington - likely won't see much playing time. I will say if a guy like Ellington gets hot he could play a long stint or one game. We see it happen.

Guys like Bazemore and Ariza are also a hit or miss but they are veterans that could see "steady bench minutes"

Melo is one older guy I think that could provide a lift, he played his role in Portland. He can do the same in LA.

They basically just need those older guys to play good enough defense and hit open shots. They have those young guys to spark a run off the bench when the Big 3 are resting or catching their breath. It's going to be a crapshoot of which players are in unless they show they can be consistent imo

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but there's is a slight difference between a 23 year old who has only started one game in his entire career and now has the chance to call Lebron, AD, Westbrook and Melo his teammates, to a veteran former all-star who has to pick between playing for his hometown for the MLE or taking $20m+ a year at what now looks to be a solid team in the East

That's great, but that doesn't pay the bills. Average playing career in the NBA is 4.5 years. And for a 23 year he should be exploring every option to showcase his talent to prove he belongs in the NBA past that time.

As I said, Melo, Dwight Howard, etc, they've all gotten to the point where that championship means more. Malik Monk at 23 has not.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great, but that doesn't pay the bills. Average playing career in the NBA is 4.5 years. And for a 23 year he should be exploring every option to showcase his talent to prove he belongs in the NBA past that time.

As I said, Melo, Dwight Howard, etc, they've all gotten to the point where that championship means more. Malik Monk at 23 has not.
Agreed. What Monk needs right now is minutes to earn a future contract.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they value a possible championship over playing time or a big contract in the future, I think most of these guys knew what they were getting into...

It's entirely possible, but IMO not advisable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn - young guy that could see more minutes but sporadic mins depending on how he is playing bc there is always a guy that can replace you.
THT and Monk - will probably see minutes on the simple fact they are young and provide scorers off the bench.

Gasol & Ellington - likely won't see much playing time. I will say if a guy like Ellington gets hot he could play a long stint or one game. We see it happen.

Guys like Bazemore and Ariza are also a hit or miss but they are veterans that could see "steady bench minutes"

Melo is one older guy I think that could provide a lift, he played his role in Portland. He can do the same in LA.

They basically just need those older guys to play good enough defense and hit open shots. They have those young guys to spark a run off the bench when the Big 3 are resting or catching their breath. It's going to be a crapshoot of which players are in unless they show they can be consistent imo
i totally agree- but -outside of monk- which i dont really understand at his age--- melo, bazemore, ariza, ellington, gasol.....there vets hanging on trying to get a ring who are just not very good at this point in their careers.

they have spurts- and good games. You might even be able to start one or two of them for a week or two if you needed to-

but just like anywhere else- if injuries happen and you count them for a real role. its goodnight irene.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont think so if you are trying to compete- not at all. Especially with Golden State's window with its core.

If they had Ball and could trade him for Beal to make a run for it the next 2-3 years they would do it in an instant.
I'm with tlance on this one. Ball is damn good and you don't deal that away so easily for a guy already making the max who could start to regress soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting......very hard to call any of them HOFers though, like Curry, Westbrook, Durant (and even harden)

Yeah, I'm not expecting that (although I'm sure you'd enjoy it if they do), but if they can develop into a solid playoff team...maybe they can attract or trade for what they need to go further?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think Gasol may not be in the rotation depending on the Lakers starting lineup

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not expecting that (although I'm sure you'd enjoy it if they do), but if they can develop into a solid playoff team...maybe they can attract or trade for what they need to go further?
All we can hope for. IF Mobley reaches his projected ceiling by most I guess a chance they could do some damage.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that comment (and sushi's) gave me a chuckle, but something tells me you have more confidence in Mobley than Wiseman?

Either way, sure, way too early to close book on Wiseman but wiggy not wrong saying he got off to bad start in his career.

I personally also have more confidence in Mobley. I said so in another post. But the logic behind both players is when both players are in need of the same things to realize potential, yet one sucks and the other doesn't is LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think Gasol may not be in the rotation depending on the Lakers starting lineup
Yeah I think he might see a few minutes here and there but it's basically Howard and AD at center, maybe a super small lineup with Bron at times. Gasol is pretty useless at this point.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think he might see a few minutes here and there but it's basically Howard and AD at center, maybe a super small lineup with Bron at times. Gasol is pretty useless at this point.
AD will absolutely need to be the center down the stretch. They will need one more floor spacer out there with Russ on the court.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's official. The **geriatric ward** of the NBA is located in Los Angeles. The Lakers will be the only team in the league that needs a nap at halftime.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good passing big man and can hit the 3 so he'll get some minutes.

Ellington is the shooter they needed so he'll see time. And Zach Lowe mentioned Monk can play some PG for short stretches if Bron and RW are both out of the game.