• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure would like to see a link about the Bone on Bone comment... I have Bone on Bone issues and there are gel injections that work to prevent that. As the fumbles I can't find the hard numbers to see if he's improved it over time or what. But I do like these stats.

http://uga.rivals.com/news/sony-michel-by-the-numbers-

Report: NFL teams concerned about Sony Michel’s knee

Has a few prominent people listed in that article that have reported on his knee. I've talked to people around the NFL and teams had varying opinions on the knee and how much it concerned them. Some players it doesn't really show up as a huge concern other than some discomfort while others it ends their career prematurely.

As for his fumbling numbers he had 12 in 4 years. 2 his first year, 5 his 2nd year, 3 his 3rd year and 2 his 4th year. Have to remember his 2nd year in college football he had 219 carries. The last two years he has been right around 150 carries. So He fumbled on average about once every 49.2 carries in his college career. Talking to NFL teams it was definitely a concern with him. He doesn't do a great job of protecting the football when he gets into traffic if you watch his games. NE though has a way of helping players fix that issue though so probably not as big of a concern knowing he is going to NE rather than other teams around the league.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Easley is the last drafted player I can remember who coulkdn't get on the field because of injuries in college. But the team has had vets who've been treated locally and responded well to both major and minor surgery. You have to remember, Boston has some of the best medical facilities and medical people in the business. That and Kraft built an incredible Sports Medicine hospital right next to Gillette. If a player is severely injured on the field, they take him across or under the parking lot to the hospital. He gets stabilized and if he wishes, can have a surgical team to anything needed the following day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Easley is the last drafted player I can remember who coulkdn't get on the field because of injuries in college. But the team has had vets who've been treated locally and responded well to both major and minor surgery. You have to remember, Boston has some of the best medical facilities and medical people in the business. That and Kraft built an incredible Sports Medicine hospital right next to Gillette. If a player is severely injured on the field, they take him across or under the parking lot to the hospital. He gets stabilized and if he wishes, can have a surgical team to anything needed the following day.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm just relaying what I have heard on Michel that there were teams that had taken him off their board or had him closer to a 4th round type prospect because they don't see him lasting past his first contract. The kid is a talent for sure. No denying that. Just have to see if he can hold up long-term or not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: NFL teams concerned about Sony Michel’s knee

CD, I don't see anywhere where a medical professional has openly spoken about Michel's knee. I heard some things, but as always, it's third or fourth hand. I haven't even seen the name of a doctor that he's visited or heard where Sony was worried about being drafted because of this condition.

If it is that critically bad, why hasn't more been made of it, prior to the draft?

It sure didn't seem to bother him at the combine or in any of the games I've seen clips of.

I'm not saying that anyone's lying or trying to diminish Michel's ability to play in the NFL, it's just odd that no one spoke out about it during the draft oir after.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I don't see anywhere where a medical professional has openly spoken about Michel's knee. I heard some things, but as always, it's third or fourth hand. I haven't even seen the name of a doctor that he's visited or heard where Sony was worried about being drafted because of this condition.

If it is that critically bad, why hasn't more been made of it, prior to the draft?

It sure didn't seem to bother him at the combine or in any of the games I've seen clips of.

I'm not saying that anyone's lying or trying to diminish Michel's ability to play in the NFL, it's just odd that no one spoke out about it during the draft oir after.

I've talked to quite a few people connected with the NFL and they all talked about his knee. So while it wasn't out there completely for the public it was a well known thing around NFL circles. Again he can play and could have a long career. Nobody knows how that knee will respond as time goes on or maybe the bigger issue will be his pain tolerance with it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm just relaying what I have heard on Michel that there were teams that had taken him off their board or had him closer to a 4th round type prospect because they don't see him lasting past his first contract. The kid is a talent for sure. No denying that. Just have to see if he can hold up long-term or not.

Hopefully, he has a 10-12 year career. As a Pat, he would likely only be here for his first contract and move on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up with BB and getting injured players?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots trade #43 to Matt Patricia.

They get #51 and a 4th round pick #153.

Patriots have also signed LaGarrett Blount to a one year contract.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have traded the #51 to the Chicago Bears. No one knows what the hell happened.
The Bears do not have a 2nd round pick.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like for the Bears #2 next year and their 4th this year.

So it looks like after all The wheeling and dealing the Jimmy G trade got a #2 #4 #4

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots got two 2018 fourth round picks and the Bears 2019 2nd round pick.

Belichick just traded up to #56.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Dawson will be the starting Slot Corner according to Mike Mayock

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thrilled with that pick. Pats need a LB.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now, that was not what I was expecting...so yeah it was typical BB draft. I am starting to think that BB really does not like this draft and has no issues moving to next yr. No idea what is going on with all these LT. I think Wynn battles it out with Waddle for the starting gig. Brown will challenge Cannon for that spot. I was thinking at first that maybe Shaq Mason is on the block and they move Winn to his spot, but not thinking that anymore. I'm actually thinking Thuney job might be up for grabs.

Don't understand why you trade a 3rd rd pick for guy with 1 yr left on his deal. Came to camp overweight and coming off shoulder surgery. There was some solid talent in the 3rd.

No issues with the Dawson pick. We needed a CB that will be here next yr. The slot is covered this year, and he can tackle, so that is a plus. I think we see Rowe and JMC battle it out for the 2nd CB spot opposite Gillmore. Cyrus Jones just might not make it past this yr. I think John Jones start the year on PUP.

No clue at LB. Just baffling that it was not addressed at all. So lets hope HT and KVN are seeing Alex G and he can somehow get them to play the whole season. Right now we got: HT, KVN, Roberts, Langi, M.Flowers, K.Davis and Grigsby. IDK.....I think BB is gonna look for UDFA to sign. Although, my gut feeling tells me Jordan Richards will be getting looks at LB also.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says to me that BB thinks the differentiation between drafted and undrafted talent isn't great. With their history of giving UDAs a chance, the message is clear.... UDAs come here!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone draft Sam Hubbard. I watched the picks on the scroll at the bottom of the screen last night twice and never saw his name. Then when Mayock posted thye best remaining players, hius name wasn't there.

They were talking about someone who had gotten into some trouble and team were staying away, but we had company and I wasn't allowed to be rude and watch the draft or get on line. Been watching the tube since 6:45 Am and still haven't seen his name.

Thanks...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubbard was taken by the Bengals in the third round. Right before they took Jerome Baker.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Patriots All Access with Nick Caserio Thursday before the draft started. He said that the Patriots set upp their draft board totally different than any other team.

They have a list of players that they think may be available in every round and rank them by their "value system".
I the draft gets to them and there are couple of players remaining, they will pick the highest rated player.

Once they move to another round, they have a list for each position and if those player are gone, BB will trade out, like he did with #43 last night. If a higher rated player slides down then that player is the guy he takes. Mike Vrabel picked a couple guys before the Patriots last night that I believe were on the Patriots board. The Steelers grabbed Mason Rudolph in the third.

Look for BB to grab either Luletta or Falk today.