• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NFL Draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he can't have success as a tackle. I just said I saw him moving inside and being a very successful OG in the NFL.
And as I stated that may happen, no one knows where Scar will line him up. The Pats drafted Garcia last year who is medically cleared and was back up to 290 two weeks ago I can easily see him getting up to 305 / 315 he may be the LT and Wynn the LG. Or maybe one goes to RT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I stated that may happen, no one knows where Scar will line him up. The Pats drafted Garcia last year who is medically cleared and was back up to 290 two weeks ago I can easily see him getting up to 305 / 315 he may be the LT and Wynn the LG. Or maybe one goes to RT.

And if that happens then great for the Pats. Could have the making of a young great core of an OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Jackson if his off the field issues are all cleaned up would be a huge pick up for the Patriots. I think he is better than Duke Dawson personally.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the official list will be substantially longer when announced.

They can only have 90 guys in camp. They were at 78-79 before the draft and drafted 7. Add four signees after the dr5aft and they've pretty much hit the ceiling.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally didn't care for this draft once Tenn jumped up to take Evans, but apparently that was because Tenn feared Pitt would take him, not NE. From my reading, the Patriots had Ragnow and Wynn ahead of Evans, and they even tried to trade up for Ragnow. So there is that.

Michel was not going to last much into the 2nd RD. Reports are, people tried to trade back into the first for him. If he fits a need here in NE, then I am cool with it. We saw how important Dion was to this team. Apparently Michel was the best pass blocking RB in the draft, and that goes a long way for BB and this offense. Now before everyone harps on his lack of pass catches....Well, Gurley hardly caught passes when he was there too....but how many did he have last yr? Rumors are there are no knee issues with him, and there is no bone on bone issues. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with this team. So now we have White, Rex, Michel, Gillislee, Hill, Bolden. Bolden will make this team cause of ST. I expect Hill and Gills to battle it out with one of them being cut and the other inactive each week, just like last yr.

I like Dawson. We need a slot CB and a player that will be here next yr. This def pushes Cyrus to being cut, but I think he makes it cause John Jones might see PUP to start the season. Now we can let Rowe and JMC battle it out for the 2nd CB spot. This kid can tackle and is apparently very physical, and we need that. IF he can jump into that slot CB role, should be a good fit. Still have good players and depth at the CB spot.

I like this Bently and Sam pick ups. If these 2 can replace Roberts and Grigsby as back up LB, then that's a plus. Berrios should make this team, and he can return punts. I expect him to push someone off this roster either by trade or cut. I think Dorsett could be on the trade block, and Britt on the cut block.

Next move...sign Kenny V and cut Richards....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally didn't care for this draft once Tenn jumped up to take Evans, but apparently that was because Tenn feared Pitt would take him, not NE. From my reading, the Patriots had Ragnow and Wynn ahead of Evans, and they even tried to trade up for Ragnow. So there is that.

Michel was not going to last much into the 2nd RD. Reports are, people tried to trade back into the first for him. If he fits a need here in NE, then I am cool with it. We saw how important Dion was to this team. Apparently Michel was the best pass blocking RB in the draft, and that goes a long way for BB and this offense. Now before everyone harps on his lack of pass catches....Well, Gurley hardly caught passes when he was there too....but how many did he have last yr? Rumors are there are no knee issues with him, and there is no bone on bone issues. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with this team. So now we have White, Rex, Michel, Gillislee, Hill, Bolden. Bolden will make this team cause of ST. I expect Hill and Gills to battle it out with one of them being cut and the other inactive each week, just like last yr.

I like Dawson. We need a slot CB and a player that will be here next yr. This def pushes Cyrus to being cut, but I think he makes it cause John Jones might see PUP to start the season. Now we can let Rowe and JMC battle it out for the 2nd CB spot. This kid can tackle and is apparently very physical, and we need that. IF he can jump into that slot CB role, should be a good fit. Still have good players and depth at the CB spot.

I like this Bently and Sam pick ups. If these 2 can replace Roberts and Grigsby as back up LB, then that's a plus. Berrios should make this team, and he can return punts. I expect him to push someone off this roster either by trade or cut. I think Dorsett could be on the trade block, and Britt on the cut block.

Next move...sign Kenny V and cut Richards....
Depending on the number of these picks who do make the team, they could possibly force Bolden out? Most can play STs. sorry I'm tired of three players that play strictly ST in Ebner, Boden and Slater. NE needs more depth.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the number of these picks who do make the team, they could possibly force Bolden out? Most can play STs. sorry I'm tired of three players that play strictly ST in Ebner, Boden and Slater. NE needs more depth.

But...didn't they just sign Bolden to an extension?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can only have 90 guys in camp. They were at 78-79 before the draft and drafted 7. Add four signees after the dr5aft and they've pretty much hit the ceiling.
You're right there were more on there than I realized...I count 83 including the 9 draft picks and Trent Brown, so it could ultimately be as many as 7 UDFA's in theory. Definitely a smaller group than we usually see either way.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is going to love this guy. He looks so much like DA. I see a C on his jersey. :thumb:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really pulling for Ralph Webb but his is an uphill battle.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had lunch with a huge college football fan yesterday and he was of the opinion that Sony Michel is going to be the best running back in all of football this coming season. He wasn't joking either. He's not a Pats fan and was just gushing about Michel. I'm kinda more excited about it now after hearing this dude talk about him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola goes to Miami and Miami (Berrios) comes to the Patriots.

Younger, Faster, healthier..................

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had lunch with a huge college football fan yesterday and he was of the opinion that Sony Michel is going to be the best running back in all of football this coming season. He wasn't joking either. He's not a Pats fan and was just gushing about Michel. I'm kinda more excited about it now after hearing this dude talk about him.

Been hearing the same thing. Someone tweeted the other day ( I forget who) that some scouts were pissed he went to NE because he was going to make that offense impossible to stop. Lot's of people talk about his fumbles and claim he is not a pass catching back. Gurley didn't catch many passes at all while at Georgia ( 65 total with a season high of 37) but he had 107 over the past 2 years with 65 of them last yr. So lets scratch the "he can't catch the ball". As for his fumbles he got better his Jr/Sr season with on 4 fumbles, I think 2 for a loss. He had 7 his Fresh and Soph season...5 his Soph season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing the same thing. Someone tweeted the other day ( I forget who) that some scouts were pissed he went to NE because he was going to make that offense impossible to stop. Lot's of people talk about his fumbles and claim he is not a pass catching back. Gurley didn't catch many passes at all while at Georgia ( 65 total with a season high of 37) but he had 107 over the past 2 years with 65 of them last yr. So lets scratch the "he can't catch the ball". As for his fumbles he got better his Jr/Sr season with on 4 fumbles, I think 2 for a loss. He had 7 his Fresh and Soph season...5 his Soph season.
I don't want to rain on any bodies parade but in;
2014 he only played 8 games and had 64 rushing attempts and 7 receptions
2015 played 13 games and had 218 rushing attempts and 26 receptions
2016 played 12 games and had 152 rushing attempts and 22 receptions
2017 played 14 games and had 156 rushing attempts and 9 F

So naturally his fumble #s went down. Having said that I still think he's a good receiving back he just didn't get enough chances. Fumbles still worry me a little. BB & Co. have probably started working on that wit him. If he can hold onto the ball he'll likely have a very nice career in NE until he becomes a FA and BB won't pay him, lol. If he doesn't hold onto the ball he'll be regulated to STs if he's lucky.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to rain on any bodies parade but in;
2014 he only played 8 games and had 64 rushing attempts and 7 receptions
2015 played 13 games and had 218 rushing attempts and 26 receptions
2016 played 12 games and had 152 rushing attempts and 22 receptions
2017 played 14 games and had 156 rushing attempts and 9 F

So naturally his fumble #s went down. Having said that I still think he's a good receiving back he just didn't get enough chances. Fumbles still worry me a little. BB & Co. have probably started working on that wit him. If he can hold onto the ball he'll likely have a very nice career in NE until he becomes a FA and BB won't pay him, lol. If he doesn't hold onto the ball he'll be regulated to STs if he's lucky.

I'm not worried about the fumbling as much as others. It was more about people talking about him not being a pass catcher. Your right though...BB will have a wet, over inflated football in his arms all week when he is here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said all along I like him more than Barkley but best in league nahhh and damn sure not on this team. The touches just aren't there.