• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA playoffs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been stopped for no reason other than no plates because I just bought my car, then having to tell the officer where my paperwork is (in the right hand window) put things in perspective for me. I wasn't speeding, hadn't broken any traffic laws. It's crazy. That was about 8 years ago. I couldn't imagine being stopped today.

About 6 years ago, I got pulled over at 3am by CHP on the 215 freeway on my way home from work.

Dude walked up to my window, saw my uniform and just said...get out of here...

I asked him why he pulled me over and he said a car matching my description was used in a drive by....

I was in a silver Jaquar.

I said you lying mother Fucker...

He started laughing and said " Sorry my bad, I thought you were a Dude because your tint was so dark."

I'm not naive.

It happens all the time.

But, I did remove the illegal tint.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 6 years ago, I got pulled over at 3am by CHP on the 215 freeway on my way home from work.

I asked him why he pulled me over and he said a car matching my description was used in a drive by....

He started laughing and said " Sorry my bad, I thought you were a Dude because your tint was so dark."

I'm not naive.

It happens all the time.

Girl, first thing we did when we bought our Infinity was removed the tint. Only the Range Rover has tint on the back windows. We already know what it is in Cali.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the concept. But if there are body cams, no need to "assume". Proof is in the pudding. Also, they take their damn time release body cam footage. We saw that with the Milwaukee bucks guard situation. That happened back in March. Why it take so long???
Because it was a criminal investigation.

The DA is not going to jeopardize their case by releasing video.

That's how witnesses get identified and murdered.

How guilty people get mistrials or get off completely because they weren't given due process.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girl, first thing we did when we bought our Infinity was removed the tint. Only the Range Rover has tint on the back windows. We already know what it is in Cali.
.....and the first thing I did in AZ was put it back on....lol

My Wranglers Windows are super dark.

But, it will help when it gets 120 out...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG These refs are cheating. That was NOT touched by Thompson. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and the first thing I did in AZ was put it back on....lol

My Wranglers Windows are super dark.

But, it will help when it gets 120 out...lol
No joke, we bought the Infinity & had them keep it a couple extra days while they removed the tint. We ain't playing with these police out here.lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke, we bought the Infinity & had them keep it a couple extra days while they removed the tint. We ain't playing with these police out here.lol
Yep.

What tf12 said was true.

Some of these situations start because the law was broken.

But, that doesn't give the police the right to overstep.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

What tf12 said was true.

Some of these situations start because the law was broken.

But, that doesn't give the police the right to overstep.
But, when the law ISN'T broken is where the problem is. And it happens more times than people realize.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been driving with my windows tinted limo dark (including the windshield) since 09. Used to get pulled over about once a month but it's been about 2-3 years since I can remember getting pulled over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but PAID leave??

I have a friend who is a middle school teacher and recently got placed on administrative leave because a trouble making student made abuse claims against him. He missed 2-3 days of school while the investigation went down and I can tell you, he was extremely embarrassed and devastated.

Thankfully, there was also video footage of the alleged event that proved the student completely fabricated everything.

But, the student received absolutely no consequence for her lie, yet the teacher has to carry the black mark around for the rest of his career. Because even when exhonerated completely, it is impossible to undo the perception change that other students/parents have regarding this teacher after the gossip mill spread the news.

In other words, yes. Paid administrative leave is a very serious consequence for a public servant being investigated for wrongdoing. If guilty, the consequence will be more severe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, when the law ISN'T broken is where the problem is. And it happens more times than people realize.

You are correct.

At the same time though, people's animosity toward police officers is at an all time high. For every case like what happened the Bucks player, there are 20 where the police officer gets mistreated and still does his/her job the right way.

But, you never hear about those. Again, because those stories don't sell papers.

I understand the desire for athletes and other public figures to want to raise awareness surrounding some of the truly terrible crimes that a very small number of police officers have committed. But I have said t before and I will say it again.

All the attention isn't helping. In fact, it is doing the opposite because it serves to further escalate both sides and increase the odds of future conflict and tragedy. That doesn't excuse the police officers at fault. But it damn sure does make the job a hell of a lot more difficult for the good ones.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your perspective is VERY different than reality my friend. If you haven't been stereo typed then you can't really tell me I'm emotional. Sorry.

And if you've never been a police officer or worried that this may be the time that your family member who is a police officer may not come home...you can't claim to know what all or most police officers are like or what they deal with on a daily basis.

Your experience, whatever it may have been, while unfortunate, is anecdotal not the reality for how the overwhelming majority of police officers conduct themselves.

Because it was an upsetting experience, it pretty much is the definition of emotional. I do hope that you reported the officers and they were disciplined. That is the only way to get rid of bad apple officers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not naive.

It happens all the time.

It doesn't just happen to minorities.

I was in my mid-20's driving home from work one night. On the way home, my car blew a fuse that caused my rear lights to go out.

I stopped at a strip mall near my house that had an auto parts store and got a pack of fuses. Because I was so close to home and it was night, I decided to drive home and change the fuse there.

Literally, as I'm turning onto my street, I get pulled over. I figure it's because of my rear lights, I have the fuses on the seat next to me. Figure that I'll just point to my house and show the officer the fuses.

I roll down my window and hear "GET YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM...NOW!!"

Got my hands in the air so fast, my arms almost fell off. I look in my rear view mirror and see that the officer is behind the door of his cruiser with his gun pointed at me.

I can hear some back and forth on his radio and then I hear "Sorry about that."

The officer comes up to my car and I asked...what happened?

Turns out, someone driving a car that fit the description of mine had robbed one of the stores in that strip mall and when he saw me driving with no rear lights, he thought it was the guy that committed the robbery.

I laughed and said..."You scared the hell out of me."

The officer said..."You scared the hell out of me too." lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

At the same time though, people's animosity toward police officers is at an all time high. For every case like what happened the Bucks player, there are 20 where the police officer gets mistreated and still does his/her job the right way.

But, you never hear about those. Again, because those stories don't sell papers.

I understand the desire for athletes and other public figures to want to raise awareness surrounding some of the truly terrible crimes that a very small number of police officers have committed. But I have said t before and I will say it again.

All the attention isn't helping. In fact, it is doing the opposite because it serves to further escalate both sides and increase the odds of future conflict and tragedy. That doesn't excuse the police officers at fault. But it damn sure does make the job a hell of a lot more difficult for the good ones.

Couldn't agree more. Because we hear almost exclusively about the bad police officers and almost never about the good ones, it gives people the perception that most or all police officers behave improperly, when the opposite is true.

Then, when someone actually encounters a bad police officer, it only cements that perception.

The best piece of advice my Dad gave me about being pulled over was...When an officer is approaching your car, he has no idea what's about to happen or what he's walking up to. Officers get shot and killed on what they think are routine traffic stops because it turns out the person they are pulling over has committed a crime and/or has warrants.

So, he said to be respectful and polite almost to the point of being overly respectful and polite...no matter what. He said that puts the good officers at ease because they realize that you are no threat and it doesn't give the bad officers the provocation they are looking for.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because even when exhonerated completely, it is impossible to undo the perception change that other students/parents have regarding this teacher after the gossip mill spread the news.

This is so true. We all really need to do our part to not just accept allegations as fact. We shouldn't doubt or disparage potential victims either, of course, but there is a middle ground where we can give an honest listen to the accusers and then wait patiently for the dust to settle and the facts to come out.

The problem is as bad as ever now in a world of social media "news", where the sensational accusations travel like wildfire but the boring truth, which comes days or weeks or months later, gets no attention.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so true. We all really need to do our part to not just accept allegations as fact. We shouldn't doubt or disparage potential victims either, of course, but there is a middle ground where we can give an honest listen to the accusers and then wait patiently for the dust to settle and the facts to come out.

The problem is as bad as ever now in a world of social media "news", where the sensational accusations travel like wildfire but the boring truth, which comes days or weeks or months later, gets no attention.

Agree.

There is definitely no "innocent until proven guilty" in the court of public opinion.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't just happen to minorities.

I was in my mid-20's driving home from work one night. On the way home, my car blew a fuse that caused my rear lights to go out.

I stopped at a strip mall near my house that had an auto parts store and got a pack of fuses. Because I was so close to home and it was night, I decided to drive home and change the fuse there.

Literally, as I'm turning onto my street, I get pulled over. I figure it's because of my rear lights, I have the fuses on the seat next to me. Figure that I'll just point to my house and show the officer the fuses.

I roll down my window and hear "GET YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM...NOW!!"

Got my hands in the air so fast, my arms almost fell off. I look in my rear view mirror and see that the officer is behind the door of his cruiser with his gun pointed at me.

I can hear some back and forth on his radio and then I hear "Sorry about that."

The officer comes up to my car and I asked...what happened?

Turns out, someone driving a car that fit the description of mine had robbed one of the stores in that strip mall and when he saw me driving with no rear lights, he thought it was the guy that committed the robbery.

I laughed and said..."You scared the hell out of me."

The officer said..."You scared the hell out of me too." lol
Lmao....

No, it doesn't just happen to minorities.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you've never been a police officer or worried that this may be the time that your family member who is a police officer may not come home...you can't claim to know what all or most police officers are like or what they deal with on a daily basis.

Your experience, whatever it may have been, while unfortunate, is anecdotal not the reality for how the overwhelming majority of police officers conduct themselves.

Because it was an upsetting experience, it pretty much is the definition of emotional. I do hope that you reported the officers and they were disciplined. That is the only way to get rid of bad apple officers.

I love what you said here, thank you.

Sometimes people forget that cops are human and have families too.

I don't have a single picture of my husband with our kids on any social media platform because a few years back, some asshole went on Facebook and threatened to go to one of my co-workers kids elementary school for a " visit".

When my husband retired, I moved out of California as quick as possible.

There is nothing worse than running into a ex-inmate while you are getting your car serviced....and that happened to me twice...lol

I was getting a tv installed and the guy who brought my car around said " You remember me?".

I always know where I know them from as soon as they ask that question.

I was paranoid as fuck that he looked at my registration and now had my address...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who is a middle school teacher and recently got placed on administrative leave because a trouble making student made abuse claims against him. He missed 2-3 days of school while the investigation went down and I can tell you, he was extremely embarrassed and devastated.

Thankfully, there was also video footage of the alleged event that proved the student completely fabricated everything.

But, the student received absolutely no consequence for her lie, yet the teacher has to carry the black mark around for the rest of his career. Because even when exhonerated completely, it is impossible to undo the perception change that other students/parents have regarding this teacher after the gossip mill spread the news.

In other words, yes. Paid administrative leave is a very serious consequence for a public servant being investigated for wrongdoing. If guilty, the consequence will be more severe.
Saddest part, if your friend tries to get a job elsewhere, he or she will have to disclose this.

They always ask " Have you ever been accused of abuse, neglect, whether proven or not ".

For every day citizens, it's the social equivalent of being accused of r*pe or child molestation.

It leaves it's stinch on you forever.