• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA playoffs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mecca OK? Is she hurting herself over this?
My Daughter graduated yesterday and I was drowning in in-laws.

I'm not currently on suicide watch...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's disgusting.

Everyone of them should be fired and charged with assault under cover of authority.

I'd wipe my ass with I'm sorry.

But, the people who " Hate " police change their minds really quickly as soon as they need one.

Not speaking of you specifically because I don't know your personal politics when it comes to the cops.

But, being a cop in this day and age is like being black, Mexican or Muslim.

Everyone gets lumped into the bad, violent, or radical category because of the dumb fucks that keep making the news for being....

Well, dirty dumb fucks.

Every Muslim is not a part of Isis.

Every black Dude is not in a gang.

Every Mexican is not here illegally.

Every cop is not a power abusing piece of Shit.

#NotGuiltyByAssociation

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. There's good officers out there and they do put up with a ton of shit. But at the same time, you rarely if ever see any police condemn the actions of bad police officers. And that's a BIG problem. When they can't even say "yeah, these guys are not good cops and screwed up" with out putting qualifiers on every situation like this case or Philando Castile, or the cop that used the clearly illegal choke hold in NY, we get the situation we are in now where large swaths of the population are distrustful of all police officers. Their tactics and refusal to take real accountability for abuses (some of which are ingrained via training like this case of police intimidation) create the sense that they aren't here to serve the public and be apart of the community, they are there to protect only themselves. It's a natural instinct to protect your own in a world where your life is at risk, but police can't let that feeling lead them to put the badge in front of everything. The more they protect the bad officers and hide abuses, the more it drags the whole of them down.

I agree that there needs to be more transparency on the part of the police.

However, here is the problem. Those who aren't being transparent, are the higher ups. Chiefs, police commissioners, etc. They are essentially politicians.

The rank and file police officers that are out in the streets everyday. Don't like bad officers any more than any of us do. They just aren't able to say anything.

Also, some of the things that people claim are excuses, are actually very real reasons that those of us who are not officers have no way of understanding.

Last edited:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk a mile before you make general statements.

Show me a single person that is going to lose their 80-150k a year job to make a public statement about a ongoing investigation.

Colluding to cover up a crime is one thing.

You are a vile, disgusting human being if you do that and have no business with a badge or a gun.

But, Going against your contract to make a public statement is career suicide and I wouldn't give two shits what the General public thought about that because none of you are going to pay my mortgage or put food on my table.

Now, this particular situation.....

Those cops should be fired.

All of them.

But, there is a process.

Everyone gets interviewed by IA.

They don't need to make statements to the Channel 4 news standing next to Gloria Alred and Jessie Jackson.
I don't think anyone is suggesting they call the press to make a formal public announcement - at least that's not what I was suggesting. However, if they are questioned regarding a specific incident that they may have info about it is their obligation to tell the truth. That's all that I expect be done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, if they are questioned regarding a specific incident that they may have info about it is their obligation to tell the truth. That's all that I expect be done.

What makes you think they don't? Especially in this day and age when there's a good chance someone has video.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they don't? Especially in this day and age when there's a good chance someone has video.
Because case after case we see cops getting away with that behavior. First off PAID administrative leave is hardly any type of discipline. Who wouldn't want to get time off while being paid? Second, if they do decide there's adequate means to go before the grand jury there's very rarely any indictments & even less convictions. If we couple that with the "stick together" mentality that cops have, no I don't think that other cops are standing up for what's right.

I will never say that ALL cops are bad apples. But, even just one is too many. When the very group that takes an oath to SERVE & PROTECT breaks the very laws they lock others up for then we as a society are never safe - especially when groups of people are being stereo typed and becoming victims as a result.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is suggesting they call the press to make a formal public announcement - at least that's not what I was suggesting. However, if they are questioned regarding a specific incident that they may have info about it is their obligation to tell the truth. That's all that I expect be done.
Oh, 100%.

If they lie, it's conspiracy after the fact and they should be fired and prosecuted.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because case after case we see cops getting away with that behavior. First off PAID administrative leave is hardly any type of discipline. Who wouldn't want to get time off while being paid? Second, if they do decide there's adequate means to go before the grand jury there's very rarely any indictments & even less convictions. If we couple that with the "stick together" mentality that cops have, no I don't think that other cops are standing up for what's right.

I will never say that ALL cops are bad apples. But, even just one is too many. When the very group that takes an oath to SERVE & PROTECT breaks the very laws they lock others up for then we as a society are never safe - especially when groups of people are being stereo typed and becoming victims as a result.
I think the off with pay has more to do with being in a Union than siding with dirty individuals.

They can't just fire them.

For my position, If I were to be under investigation for a crime , I would have been placed with no inmate contact until Internal Affairs concluded their investigation.

It would be illegal for them to just fire me.

Union rules....

I agree that there are abuses of power.

But, for every one dirty cop, there are probably another 5,000 that do their jobs the right way.

It's funny, on Sunday, this black chick gets pulled over for Dui and stated the ofc who pulled her over sexually assaulted her after she refused to blow him to get out of the arrest.

Shaun King, staunch supporter of the BLM movement eviscerated the police department.

Stupid bitch made the whole thing up, as was proven by the body can video.

Are they gonna put that Shit on Sports Center, CNN, Fox?

Nah.....

Because demonizing cops sales, not exonerating them.

Is Mr. King gonna issue an apology?

This is why you don't speak out and rush to judgment without all the facts.

******* article below********

Sherita Dixon-Cole was pulled over early Sunday by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer who suspected her of driving while intoxicated.

The story Dixon-Cole spun afterward was alarming: She claimed the trooper repeatedly told her he would let her go in exchange for sexual favors. When she said no, she claimed the trooper sexually assaulted her, according to a statement Monday from her attorney.

The 37-year-old North Texas woman’s story was widely shared on social media, aided and amplified by social activist Shaun King, who recently brought attention to the New York lawyer who made xenophobic comments about Spanish-speaking employees at a New York deli.

“This system was not designed to protect us — it was designed to punish us,” King wrote in a blog post, “and for it to do anything other than that — we must force it work on our behalf.”

But on Tuesday, the Texas Department of Safety released nearly two hours’ of body camera footage that starkly conflicted with Dixon-Cole’s claims. While parts of the video are blurred or inaudible to conceal Dixon-Cole’s personal information, it shows her being pulled over and asked to take a sobriety test. She’s then handcuffed and transported to the Ellis County jail, where she’s charged with a DWI. She was released Sunday night after posting bond.

Lee Merritt, Dixon-Cole’s Dallas-based attorney, apologized for her sexual-assault claims in a statement Wednesday, saying the footage conflicted with what was reported to him.

She said she was sexually assaulted by a state trooper. His camera footage shows otherwise.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because case after case we see cops getting away with that behavior.

If there are cases, they didn't get away with it. And a ruling that some don't agree with, doesn't mean they got away with anything.

First off PAID administrative leave is hardly any type of discipline.

Yes, it actually is. They are getting paid because, to do otherwise is essentially assuming they are guilty until proven innocent. So, they are taken off the streets until the matter is resolved.

Second, if they do decide there's adequate means to go before the grand jury there's very rarely any indictments & even less convictions. If we couple that with the "stick together" mentality that cops have, no I don't think that other cops are standing up for what's right.

Police dramas are not real life. Do some officers lie to protect others? Sure, and if and when that happens, those officers receive disciplinary action up to and including losing their jobs.

But this idea that cops all stick together and will lie, tamper with evidence, etc. to protect each other is much more Hollywood than it is real life.

No offense, but this statement is purely emotional.

You're expectations are impossible to achieve. Is one too many? Of course it is. Is it possible to make sure that zero bad apples make their way onto any police force? No, it isn't.

Groups of people are not being victimized and stereotyped. You act like the majority of police officers are roaming the streets looking for people to beat up and shoot.

The overwhelming majority of police officers are good people, doing an impossible job, often with limited resources and just trying to get home to their families.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often times, in fact, most of the time. When someone is having contact with a police officer and that officer ends up doing something that he/she shouldn't have...the whole thing began because that person was breaking the law themselves. Often times in the commission of those crimes, they are victimizing or potentially victimizing someone else.

While I don't condone police officers crossing lines and abusing their power.

Forgive me if I don't have sympathy for a "victim" who put themselves in that situation by victimizing someone else.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the off with pay has more to do with being in a Union than siding with dirty individuals.

They can't just fire them.

For my position, If I were to be under investigation for a crime , I would have been placed with no inmate contact until Internal Affairs concluded their investigation.

It would be illegal for them to just fire me.

Union rules....

I agree that there are abuses of power.

But, for every one dirty cop, there are probably another 5,000 that do their jobs the right way.

It's funny, on Sunday, this black chick gets pulled over for Dui and stated the ofc who pulled her over sexually assaulted her after she refused to blow him to get out of the arrest.

Shaun King, staunch supporter of the BLM movement eviscerated the police department.

Stupid bitch made the whole thing up, as was proven by the body can video.

Are they gonna put that Shit on Sports Center, CNN, Fox?

Nah.....

Because demonizing cops sales, not exonerating them.

Is Mr. King gonna issue an apology?

This is why you don't speak out and rush to judgment without all the facts.

******* article below********

Sherita Dixon-Cole was pulled over early Sunday by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer who suspected her of driving while intoxicated.

The story Dixon-Cole spun afterward was alarming: She claimed the trooper repeatedly told her he would let her go in exchange for sexual favors. When she said no, she claimed the trooper sexually assaulted her, according to a statement Monday from her attorney.

The 37-year-old North Texas woman’s story was widely shared on social media, aided and amplified by social activist Shaun King, who recently brought attention to the New York lawyer who made xenophobic comments about Spanish-speaking employees at a New York deli.

“This system was not designed to protect us — it was designed to punish us,” King wrote in a blog post, “and for it to do anything other than that — we must force it work on our behalf.”

But on Tuesday, the Texas Department of Safety released nearly two hours’ of body camera footage that starkly conflicted with Dixon-Cole’s claims. While parts of the video are blurred or inaudible to conceal Dixon-Cole’s personal information, it shows her being pulled over and asked to take a sobriety test. She’s then handcuffed and transported to the Ellis County jail, where she’s charged with a DWI. She was released Sunday night after posting bond.

Lee Merritt, Dixon-Cole’s Dallas-based attorney, apologized for her sexual-assault claims in a statement Wednesday, saying the footage conflicted with what was reported to him.

She said she was sexually assaulted by a state trooper. His camera footage shows otherwise.
I get that, but PAID leave??

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are cases, they didn't get away with it. And a ruling that some don't agree with, doesn't mean they got away with anything.

Yes, it actually is. They are getting paid because, to do otherwise is essentially assuming they are guilty until proven innocent. So, they are taken off the streets until the matter is resolved.

Police dramas are not real life. Do some officers lie to protect others? Sure, and if and when that happens, those officers receive disciplinary action up to and including losing their jobs.

But this idea that cops all stick together and will lie, tamper with evidence, etc. to protect each other is much more Hollywood than it is real life.

No offense, but this statement is purely emotional.

You're expectations are impossible to achieve. Is one too many? Of course it is. Is it possible to make sure that zero bad apples make their way onto any police force? No, it isn't.

Groups of people are not being victimized and stereotyped. You act like the majority of police officers are roaming the streets looking for people to beat up and shoot.

The overwhelming majority of police officers are good people, doing an impossible job, often with limited resources and just trying to get home to get home to their families.
No. I respectfully disagree as being a victim myself. Your perspective is VERY different than reality my friend. If you haven't been stereo typed then you can't really tell me I'm emotional. Sorry.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but PAID leave??
Yes, Ma'am....

Because like the story I quoted, you could be innocent of wrongdoing.

It's in our contract.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I respectfully disagree as being a victim myself. Your perspective is VERY different than reality my friend. If you haven't been stereo typed then you can't really tell me I'm emotional. Sorry.
Agree.

Perception is reality.

I can legitimately see both sides.

And I'm not trying to trivialize your experiences, nor brush aside TF12's.

We all feel how we feel.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Ma'am....

Because like the story I quoted, you could be innocent of wrongdoing.

It's in our contract.
Well that sucks.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Perception is reality.

I can legitimately see both sides.

And I'm not trying to trivialize your experiences, nor brush aside TF12's.

We all feel how we feel.
Having been stopped for no reason other than no plates because I just bought my car, then having to tell the officer where my paperwork is (in the right hand window) put things in perspective for me. I wasn't speeding, hadn't broken any traffic laws. It's crazy. That was about 8 years ago. I couldn't imagine being stopped today.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks.
I mean think about it....

If someone at your job accused you of stealing from the company, should your boss fire you, or suspend you without pay until they figured out if you were guilty or not?

A lady who worked at chipotle got fired because someone said she stole money.

Security cameras showed she put the money in the safe but it came up missing so they fired her before investigating.

She won 8 million dollars last week.

Gotta have proof or you set yourself up for a hefty lawsuit.

Chipotle is being forced to pay $8 million to an ex-manager who was fired after being accused of stealing $626

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean think about it....

If someone at your job accused you of stealing from the company, should your boss fire you, or suspend you without pay until they figured out if you were guilty or not?

A lady who worked at chipotle got fired because someone said she stole money.

Security cameras showed she put the money in the safe but it came up missing so they fired her before investigating.

She won 8 million dollars last week.

Gotta have proof or you set yourself up for a hefty lawsuit.

Chipotle is being forced to pay $8 million to an ex-manager who was fired after being accused of stealing $626
I get the concept. But if there are body cams, no need to "assume". Proof is in the pudding. Also, they take their damn time release body cam footage. We saw that with the Milwaukee bucks guard situation. That happened back in March. Why it take so long???