• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA playoffs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well while the Sterling Brown story was unfolding there was a story getting lots of press about a woman who falsely accused a cop of sexually assaulting him.

As for being respectful of police in the media, do you really think the media never airs positive information about the police? I can tell you that when a cop is shot the local news here in New York is pretty darn respectful of the police. And human interests stories involving the police doing good work for the community are not uncommon.

IMO, police departments that are proactive in dealing with potentially bad situations tend to be viewed far more favorably than police departments that circle the wagons. Ferguson MO being a good example of the latter.

Yes, I can agree with all of this.

I'm not going to sit here and insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting that some police departments are not still protecting their scumbag officers.

Imo, all those cops should have been fired in the Brown case. It takes all those Dude's to issue a ticket?

No, they wanted to escalate the situation and they thought it was just some regular guy who either wouldn't report it, or didn't have the means to fight them in court.

They were wrong on both counts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I can agree with all of this.

I'm not going to sit here and insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting that some police departments are not still protecting their scumbag officers.

Imo, all those cops should have been fired in the Brown case. It takes all those Dude's to issue a ticket?

No, they wanted to escalate the situation and they thought it was just some regular guy who either wouldn't report it, or didn't have the means to fight them in court.

They were wrong on both counts.

I'm not sure if all of the cops should be disciplined. But the initial cop absolutely should be disciplined in some way. He failed at several steps and willfully escalated the situation despite having a compliant civilian.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 2 Game 7's in the NBA conference finals. First time since 1979 I believe. Boston and Golden State finals is my prediction right now.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed the Finals are only played every 3 days. (except once, I think)

This helps Lebron tremendously. He could play almost 48 every game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can play all 48 and it shouldn't matter. Both GS and Houston should mud stomp the Cavs. Only way it doesn't happen is a massive chokejob by whichever team makes it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the reason behind this is because of LBJ. Made a huge deal about only having a day off between games after 2015 finals, 2 weeks later the NBA announced there will be multiple days off when traveling from one city to the other

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the reason behind this is because of LBJ. Made a huge deal about only having a day off between games after 2015 finals, 2 weeks later the NBA announced there will be multiple days off when traveling from one city to the other

There should be multiple days off on travel days in the Finals when there is potential for coast to coast trips. That travel saps energy, and I want to see the best possible product.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be multiple days off on travel days in the Finals when there is potential for coast to coast trips. That travel saps energy, and I want to see the best possible product.

These guys are not flying commercial...for the sake of 82 they are willing to play 3 back to backs on occasion.
The travel day and one recoup day should be fine for the finals. As it stands, a 7 game finals could stretch out nearly 3 weeks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are not flying commercial...for the sake of 82 they are willing to play 3 back to backs on occasion.
The travel day and one recoup day should be fine for the finals. As it stands, a 7 game finals could stretch out nearly 3 weeks.

and what is the problem with that? You in a hurry?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what is the problem with that? You in a hurry?

Not so much a hurry, but a big part of why I'm not an everyday NBA fan is the season takes so long. IMO the western champ should get 4 days off...start the finals on Fri Jun 1...but travel day +1, once it starts.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong on Boston, thought they'd win last night. Great performance by Lebron though, he really is the best player in the league right now.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AbsoluteFortunateEyas-max-1mb.gif

The blood feud will happen!!

@Wamu

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what they go through, yet you feel qualified to judge them as a whole? As @Mecca said in an earlier post...walk a mile.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's kind of unfair to pass judgement on a group of people when you haven't been in their shoes. Police officers are human beings just like the rest of us and even the good ones make mistakes or have a bad day.

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the job, those mistakes can have tragic consequences. That is something that every officer knows and thinks about constantly.

Agree. The bad ones do make it more difficult.

But they aren't even the biggest problem that the good officers face as far as public perception. Bad officers eventually get found out and dealt with. For most of them, the closest they can ever get to working in law enforcement again is security at Wal-Mart.

The biggest problem is news media and social media. Any time a police action gets called into question, the media reports it and then people get on social media, decide the officer(s) are at fault and convict them on the spot.

Then, weeks or even months later, when the investigation is complete and it turns out there was no wrongdoing on the officers part, people no longer care or just claim it's a cover up. Meanwhile, that officers reputation has been permanently tarnished.

Also, most of the time, when there is video, including body cams...it exonerates the officer. Problem is, we almost never get to see those videos.
WRONG. I NEVER said they are all alike - in fact I said the exact opposite. After that first line I didn't bother to read the rest. SMH

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG. I NEVER said they are all alike - in fact I said the exact opposite. After that first line I didn't bother to read the rest. SMH

When my perspective is that the overwhelming majority of police officers do their job the right way and you respond with...

No. I respectfully disagree as being a victim myself. Your perspective is VERY different than reality my friend. If you haven't been stereo typed then you can't really tell me I'm emotional. Sorry.

You are including all or most police officers since you are claiming my perspective isn't reality.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet lord above. Pusha T murdered Drake.