• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Sanchez or Lynch is not 2015 PMF

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to be a dull story this season in Denver that's for sure. Lots of potential storylines! :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty much a bystander this year - but that doesn't prevent me from being a vocal critic! Isn't that the way it works?!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets are also high on Geno Smith as their starter:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/teammates-are-impressed-with-geno-smith

So, yeah. Pretty much everyone on every team has the chance to make the squad or be a starter or whatnot, well at least until the cuts start happening. Siemian is no different at the moment.

Every coach at this time talks about open competitions unless you have a clear cut starter at a position. No coach wants to commit one way and then have to come back a few weeks later and say he changed his mind. They also want to talk up every player. Just how it goes.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very true. Have to say I can't recall many coaches talking negative about players this time of year unless there's a nasty hold out going. Can't remember any coaches,when asked how a player is looking,etc, saying " So far he sucks ", " Can't believe what we ever saw in the guy! ". Prob have to consider every compliment you hear that it's just NFL 101 responses designed to protect players and encourage. Simian Sucks ! JK.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very true. Have to say I can't recall many coaches talking negative about players this time of year unless there's a nasty hold out going. Can't remember any coaches,when asked how a player is looking,etc, saying " So far he sucks ", " Can't believe what we ever saw in the guy! ". Prob have to consider every compliment you hear that it's just NFL 101 responses designed to protect players and encourage. Simian Sucks ! JK.

I will say beyond the coaches a lot of people writing about practice have said that Siemian has looked the best of the QB's. Now given he is the only one that knows the entire scheme and the players for the most part. So he should be ahead if he is to stand a chance at winning the job. Good so far.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach at this time talks about open competitions unless you have a clear cut starter at a position. No coach wants to commit one way and then have to come back a few weeks later and say he changed his mind. They also want to talk up every player. Just how it goes.
Yep. The coach-speak goes into overdrive this time of year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, Trevor Siemian could be Broncos starter

I'm sorry - none of this sounds like camp talk to me - it sounds like a big fat hint that they see something special - and who of all people would best appreciate doubted talent - than Chris Harris Jr.?
If I remember correctly, there were quite a few people on here that were rather impressed with Trevor after preseason last year. Everyone was not ignorant to the facts that Simian was a 7 th rd pk, that he had less than stellar career at NW and that he was playing vs a bunch of scrubs to boot. But if memory serves me right, he earned plenty of positive comments on here and some thought he outplayed Brock. Praise that came up then and that are now being mentioned by coaches and teammates plus media are being said and then some. Things like poise, pocket presence, good arm, not staring down wrs, being a leader ( he had a lot of drops by receivers and he never called them out or raised his hands in frustration,etc ) and basically showing qualities you want to see and hope for in the top qb draft prospects. Now, let's see, what's happened since then other than Trevor has gotten a ton of playbook,films, weight room,picking one of the best Qb's to ever play the games brain, on and on. I like how " some " are now bringing up the 7th rd and NW stuff that didn't bother them then when commenting on Trevor last year.This one really gets me.." Of course Trevor is going to be ahead of Sanchez and Lynch! Just wait till they catch up with the playbook,etc. Really? So Trevor has reached his learning ceiling and is stuck at this door waiting for those two to catch up to him? Isn't it perceivable to think that Trevor is making strides himself and " catching up " to him might be a tough task for a vet qb that has struggled in his 8 yrs in league and a rookie that is by most people's evaluation, going to need a yr at least to run a non-watered down Kube system? If you put the 3 under a microscope and also listen to what coaches and teammates are saying regarding Simian and your own assessments of his play last preseason,you would think more would have Trevor as a decent shot to be starter wknd 1 rather than a long shot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting thing to compare - last year Kubiak complained the Oz wasn't commanding the huddle all the time- and command of the huddle is one of the things that Kubiak extols about Siemian.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, there were quite a few people on here that were rather impressed with Trevor after preseason last year. Everyone was not ignorant to the facts that Simian was a 7 th rd pk, that he had less than stellar career at NW and that he was playing vs a bunch of scrubs to boot. But if memory serves me right, he earned plenty of positive comments on here and some thought he outplayed Brock. Praise that came up then and that are now being mentioned by coaches and teammates plus media are being said and then some. Things like poise, pocket presence, good arm, not staring down wrs, being a leader ( he had a lot of drops by receivers and he never called them out or raised his hands in frustration,etc ) and basically showing qualities you want to see and hope for in the top qb draft prospects. Now, let's see, what's happened since then other than Trevor has gotten a ton of playbook,films, weight room,picking one of the best Qb's to ever play the games brain, on and on. I like how " some " are now bringing up the 7th rd and NW stuff that didn't bother them then when commenting on Trevor last year.This one really gets me.." Of course Trevor is going to be ahead of Sanchez and Lynch! Just wait till they catch up with the playbook,etc. Really? So Trevor has reached his learning ceiling and is stuck at this door waiting for those two to catch up to him? Isn't it perceivable to think that Trevor is making strides himself and " catching up " to him might be a tough task for a vet qb that has struggled in his 8 yrs in league and a rookie that is by most people's evaluation, going to need a yr at least to run a non-watered down Kube system? If you put the 3 under a microscope and also listen to what coaches and teammates are saying regarding Simian and your own assessments of his play last preseason,you would think more would have Trevor as a decent shot to be starter wknd 1 rather than a long shot.

You are forgetting a few things here. There is a difference between seeing some promise in a kid his rookie year as a 3rd string QB to that of now talking about him as a 1st string leading the team QB. I think most of us last year figured Osweiler was going to be given a year or two beyond this past season to really show if he is our future. Instead he is gone. So the expectations for Siemian went from most likely backing up Osweiler to now in a competition for the starter.

Again I love all that I am hearing about Siemian. Yes of course he stands a chance of winning the job. I also know they have been running around pretty much in short with very little contact and most players not going full speed at this point. He also because of the leg up in knowing the playbook should be doing better than the other two at this point if he stands a chance of winning the job. So he is on track but we still have a long off season ahead of us. We are not even to 3 months before the season yet. I can't wait though to see who wins this job.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any links or sites to see last preseason games?
I guess to me it is a couple of things...

1) The Broncos contacted quite a few teams about trading for a marginal starter. Heck they were willing to pay some decent money to try and even be average at the position.

2) We used some pretty decent draft capital to get our guy in the 1st round. If you have an idea that Siemian is going to really shock the world I'm not sure you give up that much to get a 1st round guy.

Again maybe they are higher on him than I am. Heck Kubiak has went out of his way to talk the kid up and I have read quite a bit saying that he has an incredible arm. So not saying he can't win the job by any means. At the same time I just don't think he will be the guy and will quickly fade as the other two catch up on the playbook. Throw in his problems have never been what they are doing in OTA's. His problem has been when pressure is in his face he loses all accuracy and makes bad decisions. That was the huge knock on him in college and it showed up in the preseason some last year. To me I need to see him actually show when pressure is coming that he can do the right thing and do it well.
Not being a smartass here at all but I sure would like to see some tape of Trevor from preseason where he lacked poise and accuracy with pressure in his face. From my recollections anyway,that was what attributed to a lot praise he got after his performances was the just the opposite. Any sites I can go to to watch his preseason games? Maybe I need a refresher course on him. Much appreciated if anyone can find them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any links or sites to see last preseason games?

Not being a smartass here at all but I sure would like to see some tape of Trevor from preseason where he lacked poise and accuracy with pressure in his face. From my recollections anyway,that was what attributed to a lot praise he got after his performances was the just the opposite. Any sites I can go to to watch his preseason games? Maybe I need a refresher course on him. Much appreciated if anyone can find them.

My guess is your best bet would be to get NFL Game Pass as they have every game since 2009 including Preseason. Throw in they have the games condensed so you don't have to spend 3 hours watching the game to get through the whole thing. You can do it in 30 minutes or less.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the game right now Randymon. Will give you a bit of a rundown...

1) First pass attempt pressure up the middle flushes him to the sideline where he is sacked instead of throwing it away.

2) 5 yard in pass attempt to Sunshine. Tight coverage looked like it was a good pass just wasn't caught.

3) 3rd pass attempt pressure comes at him quickly and he kind of does the Manning drop to the ground self sack.

4) 4th pass attempt on 3rd and long is one down the sideline to Fowler. Honestly again very tight window but put the ball only where Fowler could catch it. Ended up getting pass interference on the pass.

5) Throws to Ball on a quick hitch route. Nothing too special just some positive yards on 1st down.

6) Playaction bootleg to the right. Had a guy wide open in the end zone and just missed him by a hair. WR could have maybe caught the pass as he did get two hands on the ball but just a hair wide that made it a little more difficult than it needed to be. Also maybe put a little too much mustard on this pass. Guy had a few steps on his man so no reason to rocket it in.

7) So now 3rd down in the red zone throws a beautiful back shoulder pass to Fowler for a touchdown! Alright starting to like this guy a bit more.

8) Ball batted at the LOS

9) 3rd and long play. Throws the check down pass with pressure coming off the edge. Ends up short of the LOS.

10) Quick in route by Fowler. On the money and 1st down

11) Again pressure coming and does the self sack.

12) Quick check down to the TE. Nice pass

13) 3rd down and 8 and we see a quick out pattern by Sunshine and Siemian puts it on the money for a 1st down.

14) Pressure in his face he throws one out of bounds. Not a bad decision as the guy he wanted was double covered. Didn't really look like he looked for other options though.

15) Quick little 2 yard pass to his TE

16) Pass picked off throwing into double coverage not seeing the safety coming up to help. So far the only huge mistake I have seen him make. Throw was on the money just didn't see the help.

17) First pass after interception puts too much on a pass to Sunshine as it goes just a bit high and wide. Almost picked off after it goes off the finger tips of Sunshine.

18) On 3rd and long tries for the homerun ball down the sideline but misses his guy by about 5 yards.

19) Quick out route run by Sunshine and a good pass gaining about 6 yards.

20) Same play pretty much just to the other side of the field and the pass is dropped by Sunshine.

21) Broncos go for it on 4th down. Sunshine runs a hitch route and the corner doesn't bite. Broncos luck out and get a holding call on the defense.

22) Quick out route again and Siemian throws it a bit low but pass is caught gaining about 7 yards.

23) Fowler runs a deep slant pattern. Siemian tries to use his eyes to move the safety but when he comes back to Fowler he is in double coverage and Siemian throws it anyway. Pass should have been picked off but the Corner drops it.

24) Pass batted at the LOS

25) 4th down going for it again. Great pass by Siemian here with pressure coming at him. Throws a quick slant pattern complete for a 1st down.

26) Deep pass to Sunshine that is about 5 yards again too long. Sunshine had a step on his guy. With Sunshine to me this is where you throw a jump ball as he should win those battles.

27) Hits Fowler on a quick in route in stride that picks up a 1st down.

28) Siemian misses on an easy pass throwing it just a bit short. Didn't step into his throw

29) Pressure up the middle and Siemian throws again off his back foot and almost has the pass picked off. Defender drops it.

Game over.

So few observations from this one. Siemian throws a very pretty ball. Honestly only a few passes were off target. For his final stat line I don't think it does justice to how accurate he was.

The bad though is when pressure is coming he tries to do too much with the football. So he either took a very bad sack or threw into very tight coverage. Honestly should have had about 3 interceptions in this game but easy passes dropped by the defender.

I will say the run game did very little to help him. You definitely see why they cut Ball after watching this game. Couldn't hit the holes and went down very quickly. Bibbs when he came in actually looked very good.
The only other problem I saw was that there were times that Siemian needed to back off from his fast ball. Man can he zip it in there but there are times it is just better to back that off a bit to make it a bit easier catch for the receiver.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that was great Cd. Thanks. Looks like you were spot on with pressure in this game and some decision making. Was this his first action in preseason or later? Can't remember how much he played in last two games vs SF and Ariz. Much appreciated Cd.