• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Sanchez or Lynch is not 2015 PMF

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. I'm certain that after watching Siemian for a year that Elway and Kubiak said we have our starter at QB for the future in Trevor - but let's throw everyone off by using our first and third round picks on a QB.

;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. I'm certain that after watching Siemian for a year that Elway and Kubiak said we have our starter at QB for the future in Trevor - but let's throw everyone off by using our first and third round picks on a QB.

;)
Exactly Trevor is in no man's land. Maybe they want to increase his trade value. If any of this is true, I guess a younger Trevor is better than the recycled Sanchez.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

;)

Well throw in then the Broncos being linked to just about every QB on the market before the draft. I'm not saying Siemian can't surprise some folks by any means but I don't think the team has shown that they expect him to be the guy other than some comments by Kubiak so far.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - that's right - why have competition at QB and why get a Vet and a Rookie to add to the mix.

Sometimes you guys amaze me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - that's right - why have competition at QB and why get a Vet and a Rookie to add to the mix.

Sometimes you guys amaze me.

Again not saying he doesn't have a chance. I just don't think the team showed a ton of promise in his ability to actually be our starter. Doesn't mean he can't go out there and prove them wrong I just think he is low man on the totem pole when it comes to being our starting QB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not saying he doesn't have a chance. I just don't think the team showed a ton of promise in his ability to actually be our starter. Doesn't mean he can't go out there and prove them wrong I just think he is low man on the totem pole when it comes to being our starting QB.

CD - it is classic confirmation bias. I'm not saying Siemian is the JE answer for the next decade of Bronco QB, but drafting a hotshot and trading for a vet QB are not harbingers of the thought that Siemian was judged as a marginal talent. The Broncos had one QB - and they got two more - simple story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD - it is classic confirmation bias. I'm not saying Siemian is the JE answer for the next decade of Bronco QB, but drafting a hotshot and trading for a vet QB are not harbingers of the thought that Siemian was judged as a marginal talent. The Broncos had one QB - and they got two more - simple story.

I guess to me it is a couple of things...

1) The Broncos contacted quite a few teams about trading for a marginal starter. Heck they were willing to pay some decent money to try and even be average at the position.

2) We used some pretty decent draft capital to get our guy in the 1st round. If you have an idea that Siemian is going to really shock the world I'm not sure you give up that much to get a 1st round guy.

Again maybe they are higher on him than I am. Heck Kubiak has went out of his way to talk the kid up and I have read quite a bit saying that he has an incredible arm. So not saying he can't win the job by any means. At the same time I just don't think he will be the guy and will quickly fade as the other two catch up on the playbook. Throw in his problems have never been what they are doing in OTA's. His problem has been when pressure is in his face he loses all accuracy and makes bad decisions. That was the huge knock on him in college and it showed up in the preseason some last year. To me I need to see him actually show when pressure is coming that he can do the right thing and do it well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and just real quick. There is a link to an article claiming to be quotes from Osweiler bashing the Broncos. The article is fake so just didn't want anybody to get caught with it and post it to then find out it is fake. Good ol internet never disappointing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos will be heading to the White House on June 6th. I"m just wondering who will actually all be there. I do know Von Miller will be in attendance. Any guesses on whether Osweiler joins the team?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos will be heading to the White House on June 6th. I"m just wondering who will actually all be there. I do know Von Miller will be in attendance. Any guesses on whether Osweiler joins the team?
If I were him, I'd do it. How many people ever get the chance to visit the White House and meet the President? Plus he's not like a usual back up who just carried a clip board all year, he actually had a hand in the Broncos season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were him, I'd do it. How many people ever get the chance to visit the White House and meet the President? Plus he's not like a usual back up who just carried a clip board all year, he actually had a hand in the Broncos season.

I would go too. Just thinking he didn't exactly leave on the best of terms. Heck his own teammates talked about how he just stopped talking to them for a while. Still hard to pass up a possibly once in a lifetime opportunity.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The Broncos contacted quite a few teams about trading for a marginal starter. Heck they were willing to pay some decent money to try and even be average at the position.

2) We used some pretty decent draft capital to get our guy in the 1st round. If you have an idea that Siemian is going to really shock the world I'm not sure you give up that much to get a 1st round guy.

Again maybe they are higher on him than I am. Heck Kubiak has went out of his way to talk the kid up and I have read quite a bit saying that he has an incredible arm. So not saying he can't win the job by any means. At the same time I just don't think he will be the guy and will quickly fade as the other two catch up on the playbook. Throw in his problems have never been what they are doing in OTA's. His problem has been when pressure is in his face he loses all accuracy and makes bad decisions. That was the huge knock on him in college and it showed up in the preseason some last year. To me I need to see him actually show when pressure is coming that he can do the right thing and do it well.

I don't care how good the Broncos think Siemian is - he took one snap last year. Under those circumstances you get some more QBs - you do so because you know there are lots of things that can go wrong. You get a vet QB because that's rational even if you have a top QB prospect. A few years ago the Washington team drafted RGIII in round 1 and drafted Cousins in Round 3 - same thing there - and it was a good thing to because Cousins is now the starter. You acquire QBs like Siemian and Lynch because you know you can trade one if both turn out to be good. Even Brock Osweiler got a great payday out of one season of mediocre action.

The Broncos were down to one QB - who took one kneel down snap last year - I don't care if it was John Elway who took the one snap - they are going to add QBs to the roster. That's what I mean by confirmation bias - you are taking normal team building and using it as confirmation that the Broncos are sure the Hot shot rookie is going to pay out - or the Vet will take his 2nd chance and run with it - or the kid who was ignored in college due to his injury and working in an offense that didn't fit a passer - and couldn't pass with defenders in his face. Last year in the playoffs - Rothlesberger, Brady and Cam Newton could not perform well with Bronco defenders in their faces.

I say Siemian has a chance to be the starter - Kubiak says the same thing. The league is a meritocracy - the best man wins - if you prejudge the best man based on their draft slot you will be out of the league pretty quick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how good the Broncos think Siemian is - he took one snap last year. Under those circumstances you get some more QBs - you do so because you know there are lots of things that can go wrong. You get a vet QB because that's rational even if you have a top QB prospect. A few years ago the Washington team drafted RGIII in round 1 and drafted Cousins in Round 3 - same thing there - and it was a good thing to because Cousins is now the starter. You acquire QBs like Siemian and Lynch because you know you can trade one if both turn out to be good. Even Brock Osweiler got a great payday out of one season of mediocre action.

The Broncos were down to one QB - who took one kneel down snap last year - I don't care if it was John Elway who took the one snap - they are going to add QBs to the roster. That's what I mean by confirmation bias - you are taking normal team building and using it as confirmation that the Broncos are sure the Hot shot rookie is going to pay out - or the Vet will take his 2nd chance and run with it - or the kid who was ignored in college due to his injury and working in an offense that didn't fit a passer - and couldn't pass with defenders in his face. Last year in the playoffs - Rothlesberger, Brady and Cam Newton could not perform well with Bronco defenders in their faces.

I say Siemian has a chance to be the starter - Kubiak says the same thing. The league is a meritocracy - the best man wins - if you prejudge the best man based on their draft slot you will be out of the league pretty quick.

Never said he doesn't have a shot. I have said the exact opposite. And you are right draft position doesn't determine the quality of the player. Chris Harris is a great example of that. For me I have watched his college games and while I will agree he wasn't in a system set up for his skill set he also missed on some very basic QB'ing skills. He was highly inaccurate on just about every kind of pass there was. Saw times he didn't have pressure and still missed on 5 yard routes. Again just because I say these things doesn't mean the team won't give him a real shot and doesn't mean that he can't improve and actually win the job. I will be very impressed if he does and will cheer him on. I just am one that doesn't think he will win the job. Right now honestly I will say that I think Sanchez wins the job. That is my prediction but I have been way wrong on many predictions throughout my football guessing life.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Siemian about a 5% chance to win the starting job. It's just extremely unlikely to happen, regardless of what Kubiak says.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It's the time of year for the team to beef up trade values on players through their minions. ;)

He's a Bronco, so hope for the

I don't know who's going to win job or how long they hang on to it but I will say in Simians defense of his less than stellar final season at NW..They said he played most of it with a damaged knee and his O line was terrible. Was complimented on his toughness and perseverance,etc playing with a messed up leg. Nobody but teammates and coaches knew what the kid was trying to play thru. PS..just watched NFL Insiders and nice piece about Trevor and comments from Jeff Legwold or whatever is name is, beat writer for Denver basically said what outsiders think about Trevor is not close to what going on within organization regarding him etc, etc. Nobody there is discounting his chances to win job. They also said he looks to have the stronger arm of the three which surprised me. Figured Lynch easily.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who's going to win job or how long they hang on to it but I will say in Simians defense of his less than stellar final season at NW..They said he played most of it with a damaged knee and his O line was terrible. Was complimented on his toughness and perseverance,etc playing with a messed up leg. Nobody but teammates and coaches knew what the kid was trying to play thru. PS..just watched NFL Insiders and nice piece about Trevor and comments from Jeff Legwold or whatever is name is, beat writer for Denver basically said what outsiders think about Trevor is not close to what going on within organization regarding him etc, etc. Nobody there is discounting his chances to win job. They also said he looks to have the stronger arm of the three which surprised me. Figured Lynch easily.

Again I really want people to understand this...I think Siemian has a chance to be our starter. I don't think he will be our starter but that doesn't mean he isn't being given a fair shot at the job. In fact I think the coaches have shown plenty here in OTA's that he is getting a fair shot getting just as many snaps as the other two with the 1st team unit. I am just saying I don't think he wins it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he doesn't have a shot. I have said the exact opposite. And you are right draft position doesn't determine the quality of the player. Chris Harris is a great example of that. For me I have watched his college games and while I will agree he wasn't in a system set up for his skill set he also missed on some very basic QB'ing skills. He was highly inaccurate on just about every kind of pass there was. Saw times he didn't have pressure and still missed on 5 yard routes. Again just because I say these things doesn't mean the team won't give him a real shot and doesn't mean that he can't improve and actually win the job. I will be very impressed if he does and will cheer him on. I just am one that doesn't think he will win the job. Right now honestly I will say that I think Sanchez wins the job. That is my prediction but I have been way wrong on many predictions throughout my football guessing life.

So you are saying - you wouldn't have drafted him based on your scouting?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying - you wouldn't have drafted him based on your scouting?

Oh for a 7th round guy I don't mind one bit that the team used a pick on him. He wouldn't have been my highest rated player at that time but I don't remember who I was hoping the Broncos would take. By the 7th round it really does come down to pulling a name out of a hat. I mean I just looked at the 2012 NFL draft and I would say only maybe 2-3 guys from the 7th round are actually making any kind of quality impact on the team they are a part of. So if you are going to swing in the 7th might as well swing for the fences. With Siemian there are some things to really like about his game and see some major upside. So yeah I don't mind the decision.