• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Sanchez or Lynch is not 2015 PMF

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say Sieman has the best arm of all three. Arm talent will not be the issue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that was great Cd. Thanks. Looks like you were spot on with pressure in this game and some decision making. Was this his first action in preseason or later? Can't remember how much he played in last two games vs SF and Ariz. Much appreciated Cd.

He played in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th games of preseason last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was that nice rundown you gave me last game vs Zona ?

Yeah that was just the AZ game. That was his worst game where they say he went 11 of 24 in the game. After watching the game he definitely looked like he did better than that stat line. The worst thing was his decision making under pressure. He does throw a beautiful pass though and when he can step into it man watch out as I do think he can throw with the best of them. Osweiler though had the same problem. In fact PFF the reason they say he was the worst signing of the off season was because he was the worst QB in the league when under pressure.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was just the AZ game. That was his worst game where they say he went 11 of 24 in the game. After watching the game he definitely looked like he did better than that stat line. The worst thing was his decision making under pressure. He does throw a beautiful pass though and when he can step into it man watch out as I do think he can throw with the best of them. Osweiler though had the same problem. In fact PFF the reason they say he was the worst signing of the off season was because he was the worst QB in the league when under pressure.
:) That doesn't bode well for Texans does it. Hope he is making good friend on that O line and backfield. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) That doesn't bode well for Texans does it. Hope he is making good friend on that O line and backfield. ;)

That is why I thought Kubiak's system would be a much better fit for Osweiler. It is about getting the QB moving and causing a defense to have to hesitate just a second to figure out if it is a pass or run. It is also about limiting the decisions a QB has to make on any given play sometimes eliminating an entire half of the field. Yet he chose the more complicated pass happy system. I can't blame a QB for wanting to pass the ball more but sometimes that isn't always the best fit.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I thought Kubiak's system would be a much better fit for Osweiler. It is about getting the QB moving and causing a defense to have to hesitate just a second to figure out if it is a pass or run. It is also about limiting the decisions a QB has to make on any given play sometimes eliminating an entire half of the field. Yet he chose the more complicated pass happy system. I can't blame a QB for wanting to pass the ball more but sometimes that isn't always the best fit.
Agree. Makes you consider his decision might have been based a little more on being benched and pressure in Denver when you think about type of offense that fits him better. Who knows though, he can have great career there too. Actually, I think he was afraid of getting beat out by Trevor mostly. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Makes you consider his decision might have been based a little more on being benched and pressure in Denver when you think about type of offense that fits him better. Who knows though, he can have great career there too. Actually, I think he was afraid of getting beat out by Trevor mostly. ;)

I'm honestly getting a little more on the Trevor bandwagon. I still don't like his performance when under pressure but he was a rookie last year playing on a still rehabbing ACL so I can't blame him too much for wanting to protect his leg a bit or making a quick throw when maybe he shouldnt' have. Still need to see more this year from the guy but I can definitely see why the coaches do love this kid. And I do remember days that Siemian was said to have outplayed Osweiler last year. Heck the Broncos were trying to trade Osweiler before last season before the draft but couldn't find any takers at the price they wanted. I don't think Osweiler is a terrible QB by any means but I do think being an average QB is about where I see his career being at.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly getting a little more on the Trevor bandwagon. I still don't like his performance when under pressure but he was a rookie last year playing on a still rehabbing ACL so I can't blame him too much for wanting to protect his leg a bit or making a quick throw when maybe he shouldnt' have. Still need to see more this year from the guy but I can definitely see why the coaches do love this kid. And I do remember days that Siemian was said to have outplayed Osweiler last year. Heck the Broncos were trying to trade Osweiler before last season before the draft but couldn't find any takers at the price they wanted. I don't think Osweiler is a terrible QB by any means but I do think being an average QB is about where I see his career being at.
Yeah Cd. I'm kind of stuck around a Joe Flacco type career for Oz if everything falls good for him. I can see him having that one great postseason like Joe and maybe get one but I'm seeing more of being good enough to keep his job and flashing enough every season to keep his team in the hunt with a very good supporting cast like Flacco has had for the most part..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd. I'm kind of stuck around a Joe Flacco type career for Oz if everything falls good for him. I can see him having that one great postseason like Joe and maybe get one but I'm seeing more of being good enough to keep his job and flashing enough every season to keep his team in the hunt with a very good supporting cast like Flacco has had for the most part..

My biggest thing with Osweiler is I wonder if he can stay healthy. He showed some major flaws in knowing when to get rid of the ball and has way too much trust in his legs. Throw in taller QB's take the bigger shots to the knees. Heck we see it with Big Ben and now with Flacco where those shots to the knees have ended seasons. Manning is that one really tall QB that just knew how to take a hit and how to get rid of the football quickly. Heck we saw in limited games this past year that Osweiler was finding his way onto the injured list every week and usually with some new injury. Heck they were not even sure if he could play in that first game of the playoffs because of the abuse he had taken.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah tall and lanky is not really the ideal body type at any position other than kicker in NFL. You better not just be good but you better be real smart and avoid as much hits as possible. Ben is a freak. He's got thick strong lower body for a tall Qb. Not many around like that dude.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah tall and lanky is not really the ideal body type at any position other than kicker in NFL. You better not just be good but you better be real smart and avoid as much hits as possible. Ben is a freak. He's got thick strong lower body for a tall Qb. Not many around like that dude.

Even with that build he has still had his share of injuries. The one nice thing with Lynch since we still have a very tall QB is that he can actually move. Players and coaches both have been impressed with his ability to move not only in the pocket but actually get out and run. Said it looks more like he is 5'10" when he takes off. Just hope he learns the art of sliding.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that build he has still had his share of injuries. The one nice thing with Lynch since we still have a very tall QB is that he can actually move. Players and coaches both have been impressed with his ability to move not only in the pocket but actually get out and run. Said it looks more like he is 5'10" when he takes off. Just hope he learns the art of sliding.
Very true about Lynch. Because we humans are getting bigger stronger more athletic, going to see a lot more of Lynch type Qbs coming along. Hope the brain grows with the body too. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought that fascinates me the most - about the Osweiler departure is thinking the Elway knew Oz wanted out of town. It was Oz's third season where the Broncos should have extended his contract - if they thought he was a the replacement for Manning. It was obvious at the end of 2014 -that Manning was in decline. So either the Broncos tried to sign Oz in year 3 of the Oz contract and he refused - or the Broncos didn't want to sign him because they still weren't sure of him as the next starter. Either way - I think the Broncos had a real good idea that Oz was headed out of town in the new contract negotiations. So the Broncos bid him up and let the Texans take him with a high contract. The Broncos gave him a golden parachute and got the Texans to pay for it.

I'm very interested to see Lynch learn to deal with an NFL pass rush. What will separate him from Siemian and Sanchez is his ability to release quickly - throw over and drop passes in between the pass defenders (a very unusual skill) he can throw with both pace and with touch - and to separate himself with his running ability. I hope he has an adequate brain to go with his physical skill and his instincts (that's the only suspense on Lynch).
Lynch has the skills to make the pass rush pay for trying it. This season - or when Lynch begins his career as a starter - the Broncos will have to teach their receivers to continue running to open spots and keep the eye out for a pass. With Manning and Oz -either the play worked or it didn't.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a story it would be if Trevor guided Denver to SB repeat this year. Would go down as one of the biggest accomplishments and achievement in history of NFL. Believe me, I know getting back to a SB is tough enough and doing it with a 7 th rd nobody from Northwestern is even more unlikely, but that would certainly put Broncos fans and the sports world busy talking about that for like forever! You couldn't ask for a bigger upset.:) I could live to be a hundred and it would be big story still. Just having some fun. Still though, rootin for Trevor to do well this year/future as well Mingo.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the uncertainty at QB has a small effect on why Elway is unwilling to guarantee the 3rd year. If Denver needs money 3 years from now to pay a up and coming QB or if they all fail and need to dive into the FA market will they have the money if Von is making Pro Bowl QB money.

Still now sure why the future Ring of Famer, on pace for potential Hall of Famer , Super Bowl MVP, generational talent and leader of this team is not signed yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the longer Sanchez is on the Broncos the more I do like the guy.

He spent his first few weeks with the Broncos doing nothing but living at the facilities with the playbook. He then took many of the WR's/TE's of the team and Siemian to California and spent a week working out with all of them. He has done a great job of spending time in the community using his free time to help others. And now he is meeting with DT and Sanders once again to workout with them a week before camp to get ready for Training Camp. While I don't think he will be a top-10 QB in the league obviously I do think he has done a great job showing he means business of winning this job and doing well for the Broncos.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I will be rooting for him .. He wants to be a Bronco with all his hart so I will be pulling for him ..

All the QB's should be the best plays simple as that ..