• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the signing...

Lee is actually a pretty damn good offensive player when i have watched him and he can rebound...maybe im putting to much weight on what he did in the Finals to the Cavs 2 years ago- but in that series he proved he can be a guy who helps- certainly more than David West did for you guys last year.

I think he put up like 8 and 7 last year, which is respectable in less than 18 minutes.

But, they would have been so much better off had Bass signed with them instead of the " No good Clippers ".

I wouldn't trust Lee with quality minutes and he's gonna get them with that Giant, Duncan and Diaw gone.

You know who would be perfect for the Spurs?

Taj Gibson.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still rather have dwest over DLee. If we are talking about who i rather go to war with. 3 years ago i wanted to trade lee for west

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javale mcgee to the dubs
Camp invitation.

Hold on, let me clear my throat....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad signing. Chemistry with iggy

If by chemistry you mean watching Iguodala face palm at Javale during practices and games, then yeah maybe.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness though, if there was ever a place for McGee to succeed, it would be with this team. After not really being able to crack a real rotation in the last 2 years, I'm not optimistic.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness though, if there was ever a place for McGee to succeed, it would be with this team. After not really being able to crack a real rotation in the last 2 years, I'm not optimistic.

Uprade over bumajao

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. It's a case of if he can't succeed in GS, he can't succeed ANYWHERE...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uprade over bumajao

Definitely. It was rough watching him flop through the second half of the year. Over the course of a full season, I have no idea how I'll deal with that.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. It was rough watching him flop through the second half of the year. Over the course of a full season, I have no idea how I'll deal with that.

Also ill have something to watch after tnt. Shaqtin is my favorite show

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad idea to kick the tires.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uprade over bumajao

I wonder if this move has anything to do with Varejao's back injury. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Warriors will simply waive Varejao.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If McGee doesn't touch the ball, you should be fine. But yeah, he's an upgrade over Floppy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McGee doesn't touch the ball, you should be fine. But yeah, he's an upgrade over Floppy.

Yeah, pretty much anybody (except Kendrick Perkins) is an upgrade over Varejao. What good is a center who doesn't do things a center is supposed to do, such as contest shots, and would rather flop instead.

As for McGee, if he can focus on contesting shots, grabbing rebounds, and taking advantage of open shots inside when the defense has left him alone to focus on others, then maybe this will work out well for the Warriors. I realize there's like a 1% chance (or less) that McGee becomes a contributor to this team, but at this point, the Warriors have virtually nothing to lose by giving him a shot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty much anybody (except Kendrick Perkins) is an upgrade over Varejao. What good is a center who doesn't do things a center is supposed to do, such as contest shots, and would rather flop instead.

As for McGee, if he can focus on contesting shots, grabbing rebounds, and taking advantage of open shots inside when the defense has left him alone to focus on others, then maybe this will work out well for the Warriors. I realize there's like a 1% chance (or less) that McGee becomes a contributor to this team, but at this point, the Warriors have virtually nothing to lose by giving him a shot.

Here's the thing: Mcgee has a mental illness.

Like seriously.

If he is not going to take his meds, he's not worth the risk.

Mental Ilness, Sexual abuse....Something is profoundly wrong in this guy's family. His sister who plays in the WNBA has attempted suicide 3 times.

Their Mom and Aunt were spectacular basketball players. Maybe it's hard living in their shadows...or maybe it's genetic?

In Benjamin Hochman's excellent profile of the outspoken Denver Nuggets center in the Denver Post, McGee admitted that he was diagnosed with "extreme ADD" when he was younger. Doctors prescribed Ritalin, but McGee turned down the medication.

I just didn't want to take [Ritalin]," McGee said. "I was young (when it was diagnosed); it was a long time ago. But, yeah, it's definitely fun having ADD. It's extremely fun. I'm not boring."

For some people, including McGee's own teammates, learning that he has ADHD actually helps explains some of his actions.

"I didn't know you had ADD," Kenneth Faried told McGee. "I knew something was wrong with you, but I didn't know it was that."

Status
Not open for further replies.