• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Camp News

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been awful quiet over here which in not a bad thing...no players in trouble, etc.

The Falcons open up camp in Flowery Branch tomorrow.

I guess anybody who cares knows the Falcons brought in Jake Long for a look see. Apparently they were not impressed either...they signed DeMarcus Love...was on the 53 in MIN LY.

The early rub so far I'm hearing in the media is no one feels they have done enough on the OL...Schroeder is going to likely get the job at RT unless he sticks it up, but at least they're not standing pat.

Of course everyone wants to see the new DEF and how Vic Beasley is going to factor.

Outlook, I don't think you can ever count the Saints out with Payton and Brees, but the reports are not great in NO...imo the Falcons have as good of a chance as anybody with some quick fixes...9/10 wins is not unreasonable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL...obviously a lot has been made about this group...the last two seasons injuries have just killed any continuity which is the main ingredient in any OL.

As of now...it's looking like LT - Matthews, LG - Mike Person (who?), C - Hawley, RG - Asamoah, RT - Schraeder.

Holmes is on the PUP list and maybe they saw that coming when they kicked the tires on Jake Long. I think they have been in pads 2 days now...So far they have looked pretty good in camp according to Quinn.

One can hope.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Hageman has been pushing around Asamoah. I can't tell if Asamoah sucks or if Hag has made a big step forward.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Hageman has been pushing around Asamoah. I can't tell if Asamoah sucks or if Hag has made a big step forward.

According the 92.9 guys that have been at camp everyday so far...Hageman has beast potential. Has dropped a few pounds...starting to look like he will be a 3 down player...DE on running downs and kick him inside to DT on passing downs.

Mark Zeno...another 92.9 show host blasted the OL the other day...a couple of nameless NFL guys were at practice that day as well and said they "don't look smooth" was the words he chose...the 1st team DL has been dominating so far but I have to give the OFC a little slack because they are trying to implement a new blocking scheme and for the most part the DEF is still playing the 4-3.

They have been stringing the stretch run out and RBs are not getting any cutback lanes...so far no runs over 10 yds.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According the 92.9 guys that have been at camp everyday so far...Hageman has beast potential. Has dropped a few pounds...starting to look like he will be a 3 down player...DE on running downs and kick him inside to DT on passing downs.

Mark Zeno...another 92.9 show host blasted the OL the other day...a couple of nameless NFL guys were at practice that day as well and said they "don't look smooth" was the words he chose...the 1st team DL has been dominating so far but I have to give the OFC a little slack because they are trying to implement a new blocking scheme and for the most part the DEF is still playing the 4-3.

They have been stringing the stretch run out and RBs are not getting any cutback lanes...so far no runs over 10 yds.
That doesn't bode well for the offensive line this season since they aren't exactly facing a stout defense. Hopefully in time the new system starts to click.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't bode well for the offensive line this season since they aren't exactly facing a stout defense. Hopefully in time the new system starts to click.

OFC always takes longer anyway, but they need to solidify the top 5 and hopefully get thru preseason injury free and they should be okay by game 3 or 4.

One consistent positive I'm hearing across the board is Clayborn at DE, and Vic Beasley apparently has looked good thus far in camp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something was not going right for Asamoah...here's your OL top 5 so far and this has been the last 3 days I understand.

LT, Matthews, LG, Stone, C, Hawley, RG, Chester, RT, Schraeder

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what you have seen so far.

Me...I haven't watch a lot, but the OFC in general looks okay, especially Julio and Matt...I think the running game is still an unknown because the 2 main guys they're counting on have been nicked and limited.

A few quacky OL changes due to guys being nicked up, but the starting 5 looks set unless there is an injury...some concern over Matthews with a back strain of some sort...don't know how serious it is, but Jake Long is still in the thought process. I think this unit is still going to be a problem this year...maybe they get better with reps.

The DEF has looked the most improved and of course it needed to...Beasley is showing that he can play some DE and support the edge, but he and Clayborn are active off the edge in pass rush.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans trade Andy Levitre to Atlanta Falcons - NFL.com

I stand corrected on the OL...I thought they were set, but the Falcon sideline reporter for 92.9 said he thought they might make a change at LG last night.

This is a Dan Quinn/Shanahan move...Asomoah is history. Good to see this regime not standing pat and hoping for the best on the OL...I hear he's probably gonna go, but if Matthews is still iffy next week I expect them to bring Jake Long in.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone want to explain to me why the fuck we didn't pick up Fred Jackson?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone want to explain to me why the fuck we didn't pick up Fred Jackson?

Good question...could be scheme/fit? idk.

Antone Smith didn't make it, as much as I like his explosiveness having 3 of the same type RB didn't make much sense to me. Ward is expected to get some touches if Freeman is not ready to go. I thought RB3 should be a bigger back for short yardage.