• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 AZ BBALL Conference Thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truer broke his hand and is out 4-6 weeks. I saw him grimacing multiple times yesterday and he just kept making shots. I bet he broke it when he got mauled in the paint and the refs never called the foul. This season just got a whole lot harder. FUCK!!!!!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truer broke his hand and is out 4-6 weeks. I saw him grimacing multiple times yesterday and he just kept making shots. I bet he broke it when he got mauled in the paint and the refs never called the foul. This season just got a whole lot harder. FUCK!!!!!!!!!

I first saw it when he made that three near the top of the key and the defender his Trier's hand on the release. It was either at the end of reg or in one of the first few OTs.

I think we have a problem where a few guys are really good defensively and others are really good offensively. Can't have them both in. When the defensive guys are in (Zeus, PJC, Pitts) our offense stagnates, and when our offensive guys are in (Trier, Dusan) then our defense goes to sleep.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw it when he made that three near the top of the key and the defender his Trier's hand on the release. It was either at the end of reg or in one of the first few OTs.

I think we have a problem where a few guys are really good defensively and others are really good offensively. Can't have them both in. When the defensive guys are in (Zeus, PJC, Pitts) our offense stagnates, and when our offensive guys are in (Trier, Dusan) then our defense goes to sleep.

What is wrong with Pitts this year? Shooting 12% from 3? He hasn't played much, but I was expecting him to be a bit more of a presence this year rather than someone that probably shouldn't see the floor at all.

We need more from Zeus offensively. He's a Senior. I thought we could see 12-14 ppg out of him, but he looks to have taken a step back on offense. Need to build that draft stock...not too late.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with Pitts this year? Shooting 12% from 3? He hasn't played much, but I was expecting him to be a bit more of a presence this year rather than someone that probably shouldn't see the floor at all.

We need more from Zeus offensively. He's a Senior. I thought we could see 12-14 ppg out of him, but he looks to have taken a step back on offense. Need to build that draft stock...not too late.

Zeus has never been an offensive threat. He's there for his defensive presence and sheer size. He's just not athletic...at all. At this point, it is what it is with him; Zeus is Zeus.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Pitts isn't playing but a lot of speculation is academic issues.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what's wrong with Pitts. It certainly could be academic issues. However, I kinda speculated that it might have had something to do with the fact that Trier sucked on defense to start the season. Pitts came in while in LA and did some good work on that side of the ball (even though his offense is terrible). He started against Prov getting big minutes over Trier. After the loss in LA, Miller recognized that the offense was stagnant, and decided to give Trier more leash. He started Trier and all of a sudden, Pitts has personal issues.

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pitts complained to Miller about playing defense and not getting time over someone who is mediocre on defense.

I heard yesterday that Pitts' issue in now resolved, and he will be back possibly this week. Any coincidence that the decision comes on the heels of Trier being out for the next 4-6 weeks? That's anyone's guess.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeus has never been an offensive threat. He's there for his defensive presence and sheer size. He's just not athletic...at all. At this point, it is what it is with him; Zeus is Zeus.

For the most part, Zeus is Zeus. I'm still holding out that he might possibly be able to improve a little bit, but not much. He has flashes of dominant and confident basketball, and then he goes through stretches where he looks like a sophomore again. The good news is that he returned well. He averaged 14 and 12 in LA. If he can just average 10 and 9 this season, I would be stoked.

But yeah, his value is being a 7 footer inside on defense not getting pushed around. He and Anderson are great at cleaning everything up inside on offense, but neither have very much range.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it ironic that "his situation has cleared up and may be able to play right away" right after the Trier news. Cooincidence? I think not....something odd about his situation

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PGU expects Simmons to pick Arizona during his decision on Saturday. That would be huge. If we get him and Jackson to go along with Markannen we would be a legit top 5 team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PGU expects Simmons to pick Arizona during his decision on Saturday. That would be huge. If we get him and Jackson to go along with Markannen we would be a legit top 5 team.

That's great news! Hope they're right.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, Zeus is Zeus. I'm still holding out that he might possibly be able to improve a little bit, but not much. He has flashes of dominant and confident basketball, and then he goes through stretches where he looks like a sophomore again. The good news is that he returned well. He averaged 14 and 12 in LA. If he can just average 10 and 9 this season, I would be stoked.

But yeah, his value is being a 7 footer inside on defense not getting pushed around. He and Anderson are great at cleaning everything up inside on offense, but neither have very much range.

That's the kind of game last night I was expecting to see more from Zeus. I know he has it in him to perform more toward that than some of the earlier blah games we've seen this year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kind of game last night I was expecting to see more from Zeus. I know he has it in him to perform more toward that than some of the earlier blah games we've seen this year.

Agreed. I'm hoping this is the Zeus we can expect with more consistency. He still had some brick hands, and he's still bringing the ball down. But he has a lot more tenacity and confidence.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got permanently banned from PGU for asking why Pitts didn't play. I was member there for like five years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got permanently banned from PGU for asking why Pitts didn't play. I was member there for like five years.

I stopped going there a couple years ago. Too much pretension, which sucks, because it's a great site for AZ BBall.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet concerns me. Arizona has been the overwhelming favorite for a week now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio state even said they have discontinued their recruiting towards him so that would leave UK who already has two 5 star guards signed... We will know tomorrow.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has to be more to it than that???!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet concerns me. Arizona has been the overwhelming favorite for a week now.

Yeah, not good. Picking Arizona wouldn't be a surprise. Maybe over Kentucky, but even then, I wouldn't label the decision that way.