• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 AZ BBALL Conference Thread

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a good spot going forward for the conference championship. Need to win and get a little help. Seems like the Cats may be playing their best ball and if that continues, that's a good recipe for tournaments. Great sweep of the SoCal schools this weekend.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking to beat the dogshit out of the Scummies tomorrow. We'd better dry-fuck them up and down the court for a full 40.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand these red outs. I thought every game was a red out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are for the most part. But you still have a few hundred sprinkled throughout in blue or white.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller ALWAYS gets his players to play their best towards the end of the season!

And, we Play 3/5 remaining games at home! Let's win this!!! BEAR DOWN

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller ALWAYS gets his players to play their best towards the end of the season!

And, we Play 3/5 remaining games at home! Let's win this!!! BEAR DOWN

Yep, looking like another masterful job getting yet another brand new lineup to gel. As far as the Big Dance goes, this is the one year where the parity is really striking. There are usually a fairly easy 5 or 6 best teams and the Cats are one of them. This year there are like 25 teams in the Top 5 debate IMO.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some of you have seen a lot more games this year than me. How far do you think this Cats team can go in the tournament? Last year I was confident they could win it all (not would...but had the ability). I'm not sure how much I'd be they make it to the Elite 8 this year. Matchups could be key.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some of you have seen a lot more games this year than me. How far do you think this Cats team can go in the tournament? Last year I was confident they could win it all (not would...but had the ability). I'm not sure how much I'd be they make it to the Elite 8 this year. Matchups could be key.

Matchups are always key, especially in the later rounds (see: Wisky). I still think their ceiling right now is to get to the EE. But with their not being any really dominant teams this year, they have just as good of a shot for the FF as anyone. We are playing our best ball right now/ That's always great, and par for the course with Miller. That being said, our success will depend on us playing our best the rest of the season (for seeding), getting in the West bracket, and then sustaining our best ball every game in the tourney.

I am mostly concerned with turnovers. They directly take possessions away, give the opponent more opportunity, and kill our momentum. I'm not convinced that we are behind the days of 14+ turnover. We will lose those games (especially after the first weekend), in March.

Much remains to be seen. We are going to have to stay focused for the rest of the season, and the Pac tourney. If we can win out (let's say), we can get to about a #2 seed, depending on what other teams above us do. That will get us in the West and a good route (depending on who is in our bracket).

Bottom line is that there are still way too many variables that have to play out. We have to continue to improve on turnovers, sustaining offense and defense, beating zones, and playing our best in the first half instead of waiting until the 2nd half.

I could definitely see us in the FF, but I think more realistic is to get to the EE with a chance. Anything less, we either didn't get a good seed/matchup, or we didn't play a good game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more people keep not disclosing details about Pitts the more it makes me want to know what's happening. This is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time. Like wtf

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more people keep not disclosing details about Pitts the more it makes me want to know what's happening. This is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time. Like wtf

One of the harder cases to read between the lines. Sounds like it could be largely an academic issue, but who knows??

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the harder cases to read between the lines. Sounds like it could be largely an academic issue, but who knows??
It seems like every time someone speculates academics it gets shot down, then people speculate legal issues and it gets shot down. I truly have no idea what it could be if it is not one of those two things.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a big road trip for us. We have done well the last few games and look like a much better team. We are protecting the ball, getting everyone involved in the offense, and active on both sides of the ball. This trip will tell us a lot as to if we have turned the corner, or if we just had a good stretch in Washington and at home.

I don't think a split is any cause for concern, as long as we are still playing good ball, and just get beat on the road. But if we can sweep, this run will be massive momentum hosting the NorCal schools to end the season, and then going into the Pac tourney.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that Trier is being ranked really low in nba draft rankings lately. It seemed like he was thought of as a one-and-done when he came in. Wasn't he?

Unless these draft prognosticators are way off - very possible - maybe we get a second year of Allonzo??

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that Trier is being ranked really low in nba draft rankings lately. It seemed like he was thought of as a one-and-done when he came in. Wasn't he?

Unless these draft prognosticators are way off - very possible - maybe we get a second year of Allonzo??

Yeah, Trier would have needed to really shine in both assists and 3pt shooting to be a OAD, imo. He's only like 6'2" 180. He is primarily a slasher and scorer, and they are going to eat his lunch if he tries to rely on that in the league. He does a great job of it in college, but even being hurt had damaged his stock. He reminds me a lot of Miles Simon. Great scorer, but undersized for a SG, and not enough of a shooter. If he was a great passer, then the slash and score game would be a great addition, but that's really his go-to.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depressing loss at Colorado. What's even more sad is I think all of us expected Utah to be the tougher game. Gonna be a sellout in in SLC. Try to contain Poeltl and we have a chance.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world do they reverse that call when the ball clearly goes off the foot of the Colorado defender?