• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 AZ BBALL Conference Thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NICE! I wonder if Fork still thinks ASU will have the better recruiting class lol
Somehow someway ASU does seem like the favorite for Thon Maker. But Arizona is still in the running for Josh Jackson.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Stanford starting a game at 8pm local time?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon beat USC. Good result for us in trying to get back to the top of the conference.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 turnovers is still a bad stat that is going to cost us down the road. PJC and Allen both came back down to Earth with a total of 7 assists and 6 turnovers.

All of the other starters had pretty good games.

On to Cal

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is always a wild game. I've almost come to expect at least one game per season with them to go like 3 OTs.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the front end of our Pac schedule was road heavy. We went 2-3. A split in LA would have been nice to make it 3-2. Oh well. We only have 2 more road trips the rest of the way, so if we split them and win at home, we can still go 13-5, which is very realistic. With the Pac shaping up to be the gauntlet that it is, that could definitely win us the conference. We're going to need to beat the teams in front of us, but obviously it's going to be a tight one. UW just lost, so we're only 1 game out.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon really should be ranked. #6 currently in RPI and 7-2 against the Top 50.

Cats need to keep their home winning streak in tact! Coach Tinkle and his Beavers upset us last year in Oregon...with a crew like that, you have to be on guard.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a rough past couple weeks, but congrats to CSM on his 300th win, and all his success!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus got ripped by Miller last game. Looked like he mouthed off to the coach. BAD MOVE...I didn't know Zeus had that kind of knucklehead in him. Too bad. I'd sit him the next game too (It's WSU so perfect time to make a statement).

Injuries have hurt the Cats bad so far as being an elite team in the conference. Losing (arguably) their two best players has resulted in AZ not really being better on a given day than a bunch of other PAC teams. Toughest conference in the Nation, but tournament outlook is not what is usually is.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trier expected to be back for the Washington game on Saturday.

I'm not sure he should play so soon. Broken bones don't heal that quick. They may quit hurting so they can be used for regular day stuff but, I don't think BB is regular day stuff when it comes to bones in your hand or wrist.
IMHO, if he is feeling good enough to practice, keep him doing that till at least the Colorado-Utah trip. I truly hope he comes back 100%.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he should play so soon. Broken bones don't heal that quick. They may quit hurting so they can be used for regular day stuff but, I don't think BB is regular day stuff when it comes to bones in your hand or wrist.
IMHO, if he is feeling good enough to practice, keep him doing that till at least the Colorado-Utah trip. I truly hope he comes back 100%.
Yeah now im not sure if he will play on Saturday or not. He's been participating in pre game warm ups the past couple games and no longer has a bandage on his hand.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus looked god awful tonight. Aside from Anderson I think it was a pretty lackluster effort from the whole team. We were lucky it came against the worst team in the conference. We cant play like that against Washington that's for sure.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge homestand coming up this weekend. We need to take care of business against the SoCal schools. If we don't get the sweep, not taking advantage of winning at home will stand in the way of us and another Pac championship. With a sweep, we move into a tie for 2nd, and if Oregon can split in NorCal this weekend, we're only a game out.

Bottom line is that these are the games we have to win. Pac is a gauntlet, but we have to control our own destiny.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge homestand coming up this weekend. We need to take care of business against the SoCal schools. If we don't get the sweep, not taking advantage of winning at home will stand in the way of us and another Pac championship. With a sweep, we move into a tie for 2nd, and if Oregon can split in NorCal this weekend, we're only a game out.

Bottom line is that these are the games we have to win. Pac is a gauntlet, but we have to control our own destiny.

Totally agree. Ryan Anderson has looked unstoppable the last two games. Be interesting to see if he's turned a big corner and can parlay that dominance into leading AZ to a sweep.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The atmosphere last night in McKale was electric. Great to see the guys from last year come back on their break. The crowd was in it, against our rival, and we showed resolve to push for the win on ESPN. I'm sure some recruits saw that and wanted to be a part of it!

Can't ruin that with a loss to USC. They will be hungry to split after the loss to ASU. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going. We need to get the win and then put everything toward beating ASU by as much as possible. It will be a great set up for our mountain trip at the end of the month.

Bear down, it's crunch time!!!!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The atmosphere last night in McKale was electric. Great to see the guys from last year come back on their break. The crowd was in it, against our rival, and we showed resolve to push for the win on ESPN. I'm sure some recruits saw that and wanted to be a part of it!

Can't ruin that with a loss to USC. They will be hungry to split after the loss to ASU. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going. We need to get the win and then put everything toward beating ASU by as much as possible. It will be a great set up for our mountain trip at the end of the month.

Bear down, it's crunch time!!!!

The conference crown can still be ours with a win over USC. Great win last night. Awesome it was on ESPN. BEAR DOWN!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference crown can still be ours with a win over USC. Great win last night. Awesome it was on ESPN. BEAR DOWN!!!

Yeah, the problem is that Oregon won our only matchup, so we have to beat them outright. We are going to need to win out, and Oregon needs to lose two. Good news is that their last weekend is down in SoCal.