• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to catch the game last night against Utah in Honolulu. Man, this team will be lucky to win 20 games. They can't score and they certainly don't play a lick of defense. Have fun watching fellas, I won't be!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ OP watching one pre-season game and having the entire regular season figured out already.

I wish the oracle would have done something more useful like PM me the winning lottery numbers for the California lottery.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just quit posting on the Lakers board already. Nobody wants you here.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor should have been the clear cut pick. Russell appears to be made of glass. If Magic Johnson is pissed at Jim Buss, then there is obviously something wrong in this organization. lakersule, I will return in May or June to see what you think of the purple and gold's 20 plus wins for the season!!!!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor should have been the clear cut pick. Russell appears to be made of glass. If Magic Johnson is pissed at Jim Buss, then there is obviously something wrong in this organization. lakersule, I will return in May or June to see what you think of the purple and gold's 20 plus wins for the season!!!!!

At least that's 8 or 9 months that you won't posting here. Try for longer though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He landed hard and basically suffered a bruise. He could have come back into the game and would have if it were the regular season. Since it's a pre-season game, the Lakers decided to keep him out. Pretty common occurrence in the pre-season for all teams.

Best thing for you to do would be to stay off the Lakers board. You're either a fairweather fan, in which case, no one wants you here. Or your not really a Lakers fan and trolling. In which case, you are breaking TOS and will be banned from the Lakers team board.

In short

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.... "Can't score"?!?

I highly doubt the OP has actually seen last nights game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From someone who actually watched the game:

The defense was not good, but it wasn't terrible. There is plenty of room for improvement. The defensive issues that I saw last night seemed more like the issues you have when you have a bunch of players who haven't been playing together for very long. Mostly missed communication, etc. The defense isn't where Byron or any of us Lakers fans want it to be, but it's already better than last year.

Hibbert looked really good (which is part of why the defense looks better). It's obvious that he wants to show that he's a better player than he was the last 2 years. If he plays all season like he did last night, the Lakers will be in good shape at the 5 spot.

Offensively, scoring shouldn't be much of an issue for this team.

Also, from what I've seen in the 2 games so far, this team looks like they want to play together and look like they are having fun. How often did we get to say that about them over the past 3-5 years?

Kobe looked good at the 3 and didn't dominate the ball. That's good for both his teammates and himself. It will help him conserve energy, especially for late in close games and late in the season if this team actually makes a run at a playoff spot.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't with the Russell pick either when it happened because I thought Okafor would be a better get for us, but at least I was willing to give the kid a chance. we'll see how it goes with him...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't with the Russell pick either when it happened because I thought Okafor would be a better get for us, but at least I was willing to give the kid a chance. we'll see how it goes with him...

In the little bit that we have seen out of him, he ain't Magic Johnson, but who is? He looks like he will be damn good though. It seems he has the desire to be great as well and apparently Kobe has taken him under his wing.

I read where he had learned about coming in early to get work in before practice from Kobe and decided that's what he would do. He shows up early to the gym to do just that, only to find that Kobe was laready there and had been for an hour. :lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, no one is expecting a stellar year from the Lakers. I think only the ultra-optimists (where's Jefe101!) believe that they'll make the playoffs. Lakers fans want to see a positive progression of the youth and want to see Kobe stay healthy all season in what could be his last season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From someone who actually watched the game:

The defense was not good, but it wasn't terrible. There is plenty of room for improvement. The defensive issues that I saw last night seemed more like the issues you have when you have a bunch of players who haven't been playing together for very long. Mostly missed communication, etc. The defense isn't where Byron or any of us Lakers fans want it to be, but it's already better than last year.

Hibbert looked really good (which is part of why the defense looks better). It's obvious that he wants to show that he's a better player than he was the last 2 years. If he plays all season like he did last night, the Lakers will be in good shape at the 5 spot.

Offensively, scoring shouldn't be much of an issue for this team.

Also, from what I've seen in the 2 games so far, this team looks like they want to play together and look like they are having fun. How often did we get to say that about them over the past 3-5 years?

Kobe looked good at the 3 and didn't dominate the ball. That's good for both his teammates and himself. It will help him conserve energy, especially for late in close games and late in the season if this team actually makes a run at a playoff spot.

I'm liking what I've seen from Hibbert so far. He should make a real difference on defense. Julius was beasting Tuesday night, but it is vitally important to his game that he developed a solid shot from the elbows.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking what I've seen from Hibbert so far. He should make a real difference on defense. Julius was beasting Tuesday night, but it is vitally important to his game that he developed a solid shot from the elbows.

Agree. The weight loss has been good for Hibbert. I thought he looked quicker than he has in his entire career, including his 2 all-star seasons.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The weight loss has been good for Hibbert. I thought he looked quicker than he has in his entire career, including his 2 all-star seasons.

He already covers a large area with his size. The added quickness only makes him better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the little bit that we have seen out of him, he ain't Magic Johnson, but who is? He looks like he will be damn good though. It seems he has the desire to be great as well and apparently Kobe has taken him under his wing.

I read where he had learned about coming in early to get work in before practice from Kobe and decided that's what he would do. He shows up early to the gym to do just that, only to find that Kobe was laready there and had been for an hour. :lol:

laughingsmiley.gif

I'm not sure which part of this comment I found funnier. Actually mentioning Magic & the rookie Russell in the same sentence (no shit Russell isn't & never will be Magic) or comparing Russell's current work ethic to Kobe who's been in the league for a long time now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 38171

I'm not sure which part of this comment I found funnier. Actually mentioning Magic & the rookie Russell in the same sentence (no shit Russell isn't & never will be Magic) or comparing Russell's current work ethic to Kobe who's been in the league for a long time now.

Someone has seems to have a reading and comprehension issue. If memory serves, Russell is the first time the Lakers have drafted a point guard this high since they drafted Magic. He is definitely the most highly touted point guard they've drafted since Magic.

Considering the above and that it's Russell's rookie season, mentioning them in the same sentence is perfectly appropriate. In fact, the only way it could have been more appropriate would have been if the Lakers had the #1 pick and took Russell.

Had I tried to compare the 2 and/or claim that Russell is or will be as good as Magic, then your post might have made sense. However, since I clearly didn't do that and specifically stated that "he's no Magic Johnson." Your post makes no sense.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping to see action from the brazil PG

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banned from the board for stating an opinion? Really? K.