• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until last year you mean? Beltre led us with 19 last year and no one else was close.

Yes that was until last year. Last year was also an anomaly. Texas only had two position players with 150+ games. Beltre easily hits 20+ homers if the team isn't ravaged by injury and he's not the only real hitter in the lineup.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre and Fielder's best years for HRs are in the past. Both are trending down. Mitch staying healthy is not likely either. I think you are being overly optimistic.

25 would be less than their best...You are being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic. Do I expect them to hit 40 a piece? No, but 25 is not only reasonable, but quite probable. You are acting like it's a given that they are both turning into 2012 Michael Young with the bat speed.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was until last year. Last year was also an anomaly. Texas only had two position players with 150+ games. Beltre easily hits 20+ homers if the team isn't ravaged by injury and he's not the only real hitter in the lineup.
How many are you expecting from Beltre and Prince this year? Moreland? Anyone else you expect to be at 20 or above?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 would be less than their best...You are being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic. Do I expect them to hit 40 a piece? No, but 25 is not only reasonable, but quite probable. You are acting like it's a given that they are both turning into 2012 Michael Young with the bat speed.
There is nothing to be gained for being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic? That would be absurd. I just have an honest different opinion than you do. You have your reasons and I have mine. Mine aren't due to me wanting to be pessimistic though. That is not my nature.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many are you expecting from Beltre and Prince this year? Moreland? Anyone else you expect to be at 20 or above?

I would expect between the three they hit 60-65 total. 25 a piece for Fielder and Beltre is reasonable and 20 for a healthy Mitch is also reasonable.

Texas won't be hitting only 111 homers again this season. Just not gonna happen.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to be gained for being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic? That would be absurd. I just have an honest different opinion than you do. You have your reasons and I have mine. Mine aren't due to me wanting to be pessimistic though. That is not my nature.

I am being entirely reasonable in my estimations based on their decline and past value. You are putting too much stock into Beltre's last season and Fielder's last 18 months of baseball. If I claimed they are both going to show up and hit 30 homers a piece I could see why you think I am being overly optimistic.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect between the three they hit 60-65 total. 25 a piece for Fielder and Beltre is reasonable and 20 for a healthy Mitch is also reasonable.

Texas won't be hitting only 111 homers again this season. Just not gonna happen.
Well, I did say 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead so we are not that far off from each other.

I would not be shocked if Beltre hit 23-24, but I don't expect that much. If Prince hits 25 I would be very surprised. I don't even know if Mitch will be starting once Gallo comes up and then there is always a good chance he gets hurt.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did say 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead so we are not that far off from each other.

I would not be shocked if Beltre hit 23-24, but I don't expect that much. If Prince hits 25 I would be very surprised. I don't even know if Mitch will be starting once Gallo comes up and then there is always a good chance he gets hurt.

Why wouldn't Mitch start? Gallo is playing 3b and they made it seem pretty clear that's where he is staying. They aren't gonna bring him up to DH are they? And he's not even healthy right now. Gallo won't likely see the Majors until after September depending on how he's progressing and how his heel is doing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being entirely reasonable in my estimations based on their decline and past value. You are putting too much stock into Beltre's last season and Fielder's last 18 months of baseball. If I claimed they are both going to show up and hit 30 homers a piece I could see why you think I am being overly optimistic.
I am putting stock in Beltre's age and yes, I put a lot of stock in 18 months worth of baseball for Prince. I put some stock in Fielder's declining ST slugging percentage as well.

Beltre has always has suspect legs and at his age he could miss more time than usual on the DL list due to those legs. That is something I consider as well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

isn't gallo out for awhile?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if he does that. He might very well lead the team in HRs if he does. He will probably hit 17 or 18, but 20 is well within his reach.

There are so many things wrong with this comment. Mainly, it made me wish we still had Cruz. The Ranger offense still hasn't looked the same without him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thankfully we are about to find out about some players so we won't have to speculate. Meanwhile, I enjoy the discussion. It has been enjoyable discussing the offseason events and speculating about the future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many things wrong with this comment. Mainly, it made me wish we still had Cruz. The Ranger offense still hasn't looked the same without him.
Our offense declined before we lost Cruz. We have lost Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton, and Napoli and have not replaced the lost production that we got from those guys at their peaks. Not even close.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense declined before we lost Cruz. We have lost Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton, and Napoli and have not replaced the lost production that we got from those guys at their peaks. Not even close.

2011 was a damn near perfect regular season from July on. It's impossible to replace that production, because it just doesn't exist.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 was a damn near perfect regular season from July on. It's impossible to replace that production, because it just doesn't exist.
I think we come close to doing that in a few years when Mazara, Gallo, Alfaro, and others are up and especially if Rua continues to impress. That and picking up a key free agent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre and Fielder's best years for HRs are in the past. Both are trending down. Mitch staying healthy is not likely either. I think you are being overly optimistic.

Putting either below 20 for the year is beyond absurd.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we come close to doing that in a few years when Mazara, Gallo, Alfaro, and others are up and especially if Rua continues to impress. That and picking up a key free agent.

If they can make that happen in the post steroid era I will be extremely happy.