• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I've already already said:

I'm sure he is now. How long have we all known that Kirkman is a mental midget? JD very well could've been trying the whole off-season. I don't know. It just seems he thought he had the lefties and has realized recently that he was wrong

Exactly. You've been implying that JD was content with his LH options and only likely made an attempt at acquiring other left handed options after the options you mentioned shit the bed. My point has been that neither you nor anyone else has any idea how long the FO has been working behind the scenes to acquire a left hander. That's the disagreement.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You've been implying that JD was content with his LH options and only likely made an attempt at acquiring other left handed options after the options you mentioned shit the bed. My point has been that neither you nor anyone else has any idea how long the FO has been working behind the scenes to acquire a left hander. That's the disagreement.

Well we didn't acquire Beimel or Freeman until after Kirkman was finally released. Yes, they could've been trying the whole time (which I said), but those acquisitions happened after. You can draw your own conclusions. I take it as they realized they have no lefties that they have faith in and tried to fill the void. They didn't work and now we have a problem, IMO.

I'm assuming Claudio will get his opportunity but it doesn't seem that they have faith in him right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't acquire Beimel or Freeman until after Kirkman was finally released. Yes, they could've been trying the whole time (which I said), but those acquisitions happened after. You can draw your own conclusions. I take it as they realized they have no lefties that they have faith in and tried to fill the void. They didn't work and now we have a problem, IMO.

I'm assuming Claudio will get his opportunity but it doesn't seem that they have faith in him right now.

And my point was you're making assumptions you can't prove. End of story. You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but don't delude yourself into thinking they're fact.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotts wasn't very good last year and wasn't brought back and beyond that option there just weren't many. I didn't really want any part of Thatcher or Coke. Lets face it they were not going to give up very much at all in players or money to add a lefty. Right handers it is

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotts wasn't very good last year and wasn't brought back and beyond that option there just weren't many. I didn't really want any part of Thatcher or Coke. Lets face it they were not going to give up very much at all in players or money to add a lefty. Right handers it is

There's got to be some right handers out there with a knack for getting left handed hitters out.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's got to be some right handers out there with a knack for getting left handed hitters out.

I think we have a couple righties that have had some success vs lefties, though i would have to look it up to see who it was. I cant remember off the top of my head

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Braves came out on top in that deal. Kimbrel is a loss but they got 3 OFers and a pitching prospect.

Preller is going to gash that farm system in a hurry like this.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preller is going to gash that farm system in a hurry like this.

Gashing the farm, to try and keep up with the Dodgers spending, is a bad plan in the long run.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially not when they're as fragile as kemp.

And having Melvin Upton Jr (can't get used to that) is a nightmare for their fans. As an opposing fan I loved it when he came to bat.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And having Melvin Upton Jr (can't get used to that) is a nightmare for their fans. As an opposing fan I loved it when he came to bat.

He might as well be swinging an air guitar in the batters box, cause his bat is useless

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Padres are going for it. Which OF goes to 1st though, not an AL team lol