• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thread for draft discussions. Keep in mind we have no 2nd round pick this year.

Positions of need as I type this:

WR

FS

OT

CB

Anticipated losses: Robinson, Albert, and Lewis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Moose just wondering what way would you be leaning for using that 1st round pick on?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Moose just wondering what way would you be leaning for using that 1st round pick on?

Best WR availible as I type this. I don't like guessing where they are picked until much later in the evaluation process. My first choice assuming draft position means nothing would be Evans from A&M with Lee as a close 2nd in terms of WR's. Safties are awful in coverage with the exception of berry who the Chiefs seem hellbent on playing as a LB. Ha-Ha Dix for FS? Would need to look into it more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WR availible as I type this. I don't like guessing where they are picked until much later in the evaluation process. My first choice assuming draft position means nothing would be Evans from A&M with Lee as a close 2nd in terms of WR's. Safties are awful in coverage with the exception of berry who the Chiefs seem hellbent on playing as a LB. Ha-Ha Dix for FS? Would need to look into it more.

After last night's game I can definitely understand why you would want to see that. Honestly though if I were the Chiefs and depending how the draft board all get's set up (not sure who is declaring and all of that yet) but I would want to look long and hard at that safety/corner spot. I would say 2 of those touchdowns yesterday are at least partially on the safety for getting caught out of place and then 3 of those touchdowns are for sure on the corner just being overmatched. This to me seems like the major hole in what is one of the deadliest defenses in the NFL and teams are exploiting that right now. Now against average to bad teams it doesn't matter but come playoff time obviously that has become a major concern.

I'm also interested to see WR wise who is available come Free Agency. For the Broncos Eric Decker is actually up for a new contract and not sure the Broncos have enough money to keep him around with all of the other guys they need to resign. Also see that Hakeem Nicks is up for a new contract and to me in the right offense he could become one of the 10 or so best outside receivers. Him and Bowe together would be a formidable pairing to have to deal with.

The other idea is look for one of those big TE's that is in every draft to help open up the middle of the field.

Anyway should be fun to see how the Broncos and Chiefs draft this year as both have some major holes but neither roster is that far off if they aren't already from being Championship caliber.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of ppl have haha top 15 dont think chiefs can get him

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty i think our best shot at a go-to WR actually lies in FA...

But imo i'd go with another pass rusher(can't have too many imo), more depth for the o-line, wr, and cb...

Oddly enough, despite my irritation for his antics at times, I would probably grab Decker in FA if possible, and dump dead weight like Albert (Holding Machine) Robinson, and Avery. Jackson is expendable with Allen Bailey. In a perfect world, we could develop Jenkins and MCcluster, add Decker to go with Bowe. Then hopefully we can get Ha-Ha and use him as a FS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough, despite my irritation for his antics at times, I would probably grab Decker in FA if possible, and dump dead weight like Albert (Holding Machine) Robinson, and Avery. Jackson is expendable with Allen Bailey. In a perfect world, we could develop Jenkins and MCcluster, add Decker to go with Bowe. Then hopefully we can get Ha-Ha and use him as a FS.

Decker is a very good #2 for any team in the league. He doesn't always play consistently and for some reason has developed a case of the dropsies (in college in only dropped one pass I think in 3 years) but that is something Chiefs fans are used to right? ;) All kidding aside he really is a talented player that I would love to see the Broncos resign but with some other major players up for new contracts I could see him being the odd man out at this time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, after that debacle on defense last night, it is time to bump the thread of infinite draft boards and pick every single player apart... woooo...

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, S, TE, OG, ILB..maybe a CB. Lose Lewis, Robinson, Asamoah. We'll see what Kelce develops into but they need a TE receiver.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Albert to the losses list. His play wasn't all that great like it was last year.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Albert to the losses list. His play wasn't all that great like it was last year.

Yeah, he was an unhappy camper with the contract stuff i think. Allen is below average imo and should be a 2nd stringer.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy to resign on the O-line is probably Schwartz who honestly impressed me when he got playing time.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy to resign on the O-line is probably Schwartz who honestly impressed me when he got playing time.

He knows what he's doing and dosen't cost a ton. I'm pleasantly surprised with Stephenson I thought he was a project that wouldn't pan out, though it's early.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, S, TE, OG, ILB..maybe a CB. Lose Lewis, Robinson, Asamoah. We'll see what Kelce develops into but they need a TE receiver.

talk about nailing it. wtf was up with that crappy coverage in the second half...?

sorry, but the Colts receivers aren't THAT good...

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about nailing it. wtf was up with that crappy coverage in the second half...?

sorry, but the Colts receivers aren't THAT good...

They had one guy to cover, so even without Flowers they should've double teamed him. I'm not really happy with Sean Smith. Berry needs to learn to wrap up better too.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had one guy to cover, so even without Flowers they should've double teamed him. I'm not really happy with Sean Smith. Berry needs to learn to wrap up better too.

my GOD i screamed at my TV when he did that idiotic shoulder tackle. i was like "didn't they teach to wrap when you played at Tennessee, asshole..."!!!

and btw right on about Sean Smith. one Dolphins fan swears he was a steal. too bad he proved how wrong he was...