• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014: Chase Utley

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he be able to put up, at least, the numbers he will end up with this year? Better question is...another year older and more wear and tear on his body, what will utley be like next year? Let's face it, the phillies resigned him and they will be counting on him in a big way.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he be able to put up, at least, the numbers he will end up with this year? Better question is...another year older and more wear and tear on his body, what will utley be like next year? Let's face it, the phillies resigned him and they will be counting on him in a big way.

I agree thank God Dodgers didn't seriously go after him :nod:

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what was the length of his new pact?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely jvett.

Don't get me wrong. I was for resigning Utley. Three years is a stretch. I'm also for resigning Carlos and I know you'll think I'm at least semi-brain dead on that. But that's how I see it even if I have to eat my words next year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually according to baseball reference they have vesting options that could make it go to 5 years, as long as he keeps reaching 500 plate appearances. I guess they are basically daring him to stay healthy.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I was for resigning Utley. Three years is a stretch. I'm also for resigning Carlos and I know you'll think I'm at least semi-brain dead on that. But that's how I see it even if I have to eat my words next year.

To me it depends on how long they wanted to sign Ruiz for. One or two years it probably wouldn't be bad. Sandberg seems to agree or at least wants to see what he's got left because he has been batting him cleanup for a while now and Ruiz has responded very well after an incredibly slow start. If you remember the beginning of last year when they had a bunch of scrubs playing and Ruiz was moved down to 4th or 5th he was one of their main guys til he got hurt.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't want them to resign Utley. I wanted Hernandez to play. Now Hernandez has no spot in 2014 and clowns are talking about him being a good bench player...

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want them to resign Utley. I wanted Hernandez to play. Now Hernandez has no spot in 2014 and clowns are talking about him being a good bench player...

I would rather have a good hitter like Hernandez riding the bench and spelling other players a rest than watching JMJ. MM, Bernie, Orr, K in late inning situations. He apparently can't play short, but can play 2nd and the OF. That gives the team some good options if someone goes down. I think they'll keep both Galvis and Cesar next year.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would rather have a good hitter like Hernandez riding the bench and spelling other players a rest than watching JMJ. MM, Bernie, Orr, K in late inning situations. He apparently can't play short, but can play 2nd and the OF. That gives the team some good options if someone goes down. I think they'll keep both Galvis and Cesar next year.

That's retarded and part of the reason why this team is such a fucking mess.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's retarded and part of the reason why this team is such a fucking mess.

That's reality and what's wrong with a good, versatile player like Hernandez on the bench (if no further injuries occur) until he can break into the lineup? Utley is at second and you have Brown, Revere, and Ruf in the OF. If any of them break a leg, Cesar is the answer.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's reality and what's wrong with a good, versatile player like Hernandez on the bench (if no further injuries occur) until he can break into the lineup? Utley is at second and you have Brown, Revere, and Ruf in the OF. If any of them break a leg, Cesar is the answer.

no. 2 singles hitters (cesar and revere) starting in the outfield is absolutely no good. Corner outfielders must have offensive power. I'd like to see them trade revere. He is a liability defensively in the outfield...no arm and misjudges balls all the time!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no. 2 singles hitters (cesar and revere) starting in the outfield is absolutely no good. Corner outfielders must have offensive power. I'd like to see them trade revere. He is a liability defensively in the outfield...no arm and misjudges balls all the time!

Well, considering they just moved him there since they were dumb enough to resign their 35 year old second basemen with two bad knees, I think Hernandez is doing well.

He just started playing the outfield position less then two months ago.

He's not a power guy. But, this team really needs a couple of more players that can hit for average and get on base.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruf and Brown are the power OF. If either goes down, you have Hernandez. Or you want Mayberry and Bernadina off the bench? I've watched most Phillies games. No, Revere doesn't misjudge balls all the time or even most of the time. That's ridiculous.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruf and Brown are the power OF. If either goes down, you have Hernandez. Or you want Mayberry and Bernadina off the bench? I've watched most Phillies games. No, Revere doesn't misjudge balls all the time or even most of the time. That's ridiculous.

You're being ridiculous. I watch 145 games a year. Tell you what, next year I'll tell you every time he misjudges a ball.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being ridiculous. I watch 145 games a year. Tell you what, next year I'll tell you every time he misjudges a ball.

Great. Put the full report here. I'll be so anxious to see it. While you're at it, might as well report on Ruf's and Brown's OF blunders, then we'll have a complete picture.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Put the full report here. I'll be so anxious to see it. While you're at it, might as well report on Ruf's and Brown's OF blunders, then we'll have a complete picture.

You act as if I think Ruf or Brown are good outfielders. I don't. You can read in my other post that I think Revere is an average outfielder while Brown and Ruf are below average. Which they are.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, I wasn't trying to come off as a dick. If you really couldn't see Revere's misjudgment of fly balls, I would be willing, and feel that I watch enough games to be qualified, to point them out to you.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, I wasn't trying to come off as a dick. If you really couldn't see Revere's misjudgment of fly balls, I would be willing, and feel that I watch enough games to be qualified, to point them out to you.

I've seen all three outfielders seemingly misjudge fly balls occasionally; these guys are still growing in their positions. Most of their misjudgements are corrected but some aren't, resulting in a damaging inning. But still point out all the misjudged fly balls by the OF next year since you are so qualified.