• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 Season

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its officially official. Nick and Aaron are off to the NBA. Rondae, Brandon, and Kaleb are back and already talking about unfinished business and a 2015 Final Four.

Other than maybe Peters I don't see anyone transferring so we have a great idea of what the roster will look like next season.

What interesting lineups do you guy see? I like the size and defense of a TJ-Stan-RHJ-Bash-Zeus lineup.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dc, I understand that you are a member of PGU, as I have been since before the day it launched when they recruited me to join their startup fansite. Thanks for the inside info.

My point is... Raab and Zimmerman are far more important than Ristic. I was not suggesting, or predicting like some people in the sports "media" world do, that Zimmerman was or was not going to sign with Arizona, I am merely pointing out that Miller has been on him for 4 years now and he is as likely to come to the UofA at this point as any of the other schools on his list, pending Zeus' decision next season. The decisions of a 17 year old are fickle at best and the school that they play for is not determined until the moment that they sign their LOI.

As always, one talented big man in a class is a rare enough thing, anybody paying attention knows that getting one of the two is all that you can hope for. Getting two talented bigs, or three as Sean Miller did 2 years ago, is unbelievably rare.

I hear ya Gumby, but I am pretty sure SM knows he's not getting Zimmerman so why not give Ristic a shot? If he turned into Radenovic (not really similar players, just in terms of team impact) I wouldn't be too upset with that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Gumby, but I am pretty sure SM knows he's not getting Zimmerman so why not give Ristic a shot? If he turned into Radenovic (not really similar players, just in terms of team impact) I wouldn't be too upset with that.

Agreed. I'm very happy that they got Ristic. Even if he does not evolve into a starting center who can play 30+ minutes a game, he will certainly be a quality rotation player, of that I have no doubt.

I just think that when people see a headline like "#8 ranked international player who's projected to go in the first round of the NBA draft commits to Arizona"... they instantly think he is going to come in and dominate from day one. From what I've seen and heard from my friends who have seen him play, that's not going to be the case. He has a lot of offensive skills, but he also needs work and it won't be easy to adjust to the more physical post from what he is used to... especially considering that he is known to be fairly soft on the block.

Whatever happens with next year's class, the number of quality players in the program today is as good as it's been in the last decade. The future is bright.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say Peters won't be on the team do you mean he's transferring or red shirting?

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say Peters won't be on the team do you mean he's transferring or red shirting?

He will likely no longer have a scholarship, so he'll probably end up transferring. If he does stay he'll be a walk-on.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm very happy that they got Ristic. Even if he does not evolve into a starting center who can play 30+ minutes a game, he will certainly be a quality rotation player, of that I have no doubt.

I just think that when people see a headline like "#8 ranked international player who's projected to go in the first round of the NBA draft commits to Arizona"... they instantly think he is going to come in and dominate from day one. From what I've seen and heard from my friends who have seen him play, that's not going to be the case. He has a lot of offensive skills, but he also needs work and it won't be easy to adjust to the more physical post from what he is used to... especially considering that he is known to be fairly soft on the block.

Whatever happens with next year's class, the number of quality players in the program today is as good as it's been in the last decade. The future is bright.

Oh for sure, I think it's highly unlikely he gets any playing time his first year, maybe even his first two considering how much work he will have to do on the defensive end to get on the floor. At some point we will need to have some 4-year players along with the blue chippers and I love that Sean has those types of guys in (I would imagine) Gabe, Pitts, CV, PJC. The only way to consistently compete for championships in this day and age IMO it to really do a great job blending both the 3/4 year guys while still getting a few OAD type talents who will buy completely into the system. Since Sean really only recruits those OAD guys who have high character, it's only a matter of time before we break through....hopefully 2015 is the fucking year, Bear Down boys

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is done. Guess he can't get passed those concussions. Not sure if it's that they are still affecting him, of if mentally, he can't turn the corner. At least he recognizes it, and can move forward. Wish he would have panned out, but props to him for being able to call it like it is. Wish him the best.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the possibility of getting BC transfer Ryan Anderson. He'd sit out a year, then play his senior year next season. There's a good chance Ashley and Zeus are gone next season, so having a solid front court senior
could be huge.

The mix of experience and youth has been ideal lately, and this would go towards keeping that alive.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller is also gaining experience and still learning the do's and dont's of coaching. He hasn't even begun to peak yet. WATCH OUT! MILLER TIME!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Stanley is a one and done player Ryan Anderson would be huge in 2015. He was a scorer at BC.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-conference schedule announced:

• 7 home games, including Michigan and Gonzaga
  • 2 true road games, UTEP and UNLV
  • 1-3 neutral site games Maui invitational

Nov 9. Cal Poly (Exhibition)
Nov 14. Mt St Marys
Nov 16 Cal St Northridge
Nov 19 UC Irvine
Nov 24-26 Maui Invitational (BYU, Chaminade, K St, Missouri, Pitt, Purdue, SDSU)
Dec 2 Gardner-Webb
Dec 6 Gonzaga
Dec 9 Utah Valley
Dec 13 Michigan
Dec 19 @ UTEP
Dec 23 @ UNLV

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nov 14. Mt St Marys
Nov 16 Cal St Northridge
Nov 19 UC Irvine
Nov 24-26 Maui Invitational (BYU, Chaminade, K St, Missouri, Pitt, Purdue, SDSU)
Dec 2 Gardner-Webb
Dec 6 Gonzaga
Dec 9 Utah Valley
Dec 13 Michigan
Dec 19 @ UTEP
Dec 23 @ UNLV
Looking forward to Michigan coming to Tucson.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nov 14. Mt St Marys
Nov 16 Cal St Northridge
Nov 19 UC Irvine
Dec 2 Gardner-Webb
Dec 6 Gonzaga
Dec 9 Utah Valley
Dec 13 Michigan
Dec 19 @ UTEP
Dec 23 @ UNLV

Man December is LOADED! That 7 day stretch in which we play 3 games including the Zags, Utah Valley, and Michigis gonna be tough. I'm freakn excited for this season.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking cupcake schedule

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gonzaga is getting USC's top scorer (Wesley), and now ESPN is arguing that they are a top ten team. Hope so, I's like to get that on the resumé. Hope we have some good competition in Maui as well. As it looks, SDSU will be ranked. Pitt and BYU should be getting votes, and maybe even KSU. GU and UM will both be ranked as well. Hopefully UNLV gets in the mix too. They look like they have some talent coming in to go along with some returning scorers.

I think the Pac will be kind of light next year, so getting the OCC love will help.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gonzaga is getting USC's top scorer (Wesley), and now ESPN is arguing that they are a top ten team. Hope so, I's like to get that on the resumé. Hope we have some good competition in Maui as well. As it looks, SDSU will be ranked. Pitt and BYU should be getting votes, and maybe even KSU. GU and UM will both be ranked as well. Hopefully UNLV gets in the mix too. They look like they have some talent coming in to go along with some returning scorers.

I think the Pac will be kind of light next year, so getting the OCC love will help.
I like butterscotch cupcakes with lots of frosting.