• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 Season

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its earlier than I wanted to start thinking about next season and probably earlier than I should, but I can't help myself. It will be interesting to see in the coming days and weeks who declares for the draft.

It was great to see Stanley Johnson in the all-star game, he reminds me of Rondae, but with much more offensive polish.

I was trying to put together what we know about the 14-15 schedule:

Home Games:
Michigan (2nd game of 2-year home and home)
Gonzaga (1st game of 2-year home and home)

Away Games:
UNLV (2nd game of 4-year alternating deal)
UTEP (1st game of 2-year home and home)

Maui Invitational, November 24, 2014
Arizona, SDSU, Kansas St, Pitt, Missouri, Purdue, BYU

Pac-12 Schedule: All we know is that Zona will definitely play the Southern Cal teams and Washington teams twice, since they only got them each once this year. That means Zona will play two of the three remaining regions just once in the unbalanced schedule (Oregon, Northern Cal, and Mountain).

Oh yeah, and ASU is going to be bad.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect them to be as good next year, but that doesn't mean that can't go further than the Elite 8. If the past few years taught us anything, it's that the better team doesn't always win those games.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Basketball never stops.

crush7k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Parker Jackson-Cartwright?

I want to compare him to Jason Gardner, but I keep remembering that Gardner was Mr. Basketball in Indiana coming into Arizona, then PAC-10 Freshman of the Year averaging about 13ppg and 5apg.

I do like PJC's ability to get to the basket though, being only 5'9. I'm hoping that working with Damon Stoudamire, he'll turn out to be a viable PG after TJ's Wildcat career concludes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect them to be as good next year, but that doesn't mean that can't go further than the Elite 8. If the past few years taught us anything, it's that the better team doesn't always win those games.

I don't know, we'll have to see who goes pro first, but I do see this team being better next year in most scenarios.

Even if AG and NJ both leave, you've got Stanley Johnson coming in, Ashley back from injury, Kaleb and Gabe becoming juniors, TJ becoming a senior, and Rondae becoming a sophomore. Throw in the gravy on top like PJC, Kadeem, & Victor and I think you've got a solid case for next year's team being better.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to compare him to Jason Gardner, but I keep remembering that Gardner was Mr. Basketball in Indiana coming into Arizona, then PAC-10 Freshman of the Year averaging about 13ppg and 5apg.

I do like PJC's ability to get to the basket though, being only 5'9. I'm hoping that working with Damon Stoudamire, he'll turn out to be a viable PG after TJ's Wildcat career concludes.
I think he's are PG of the future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely think next years team can be just as good if not better! As of right now, I expect AG and NJ to declare for the draft. If we only lose these two guys, I think we'll be more than okay but if we also lose rondae, then it's a different game IMO. Losing nick Jonson won't be as bad as people think. Don't forget, we have a stud guard in Kadeem Allen coming in and Stanley can play anywhere on the court although I fully expect SJ to spend more time in the 2 and 3 spots. Losing rondae would hurt our overall depth and defensive prowess.

The one area that I think won't be as good next year will be defense. Everyone talks about Gordon's athleticism and dunking abilities but I argue that his defense is his best attribute as a basketball player. His defense is one of the main reasons we were so successful this year. His defense is 2-3 years ahead of its time!

I think our offense will be better next year as well. We'll have a senior pg in TJ with a legit back up freshman pg that can help with minutes. I fully expect big things from Kaleb and Brash next year although I hope his injury doesn't hold him back. Plus, Stanley Johnson has a decent jumper that will only get better with time. He can shoot the 3 AND MAKE A FREE THROW!!! He will be a match up nightmare, especially with rondae, brash, and Kaleb out there at the same time. I hate to speculate future stating rotations until we know for sure who's staying and going but is we only lose AG and NJ, I think we will have a strong, deep, and talented team, no doubt.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah there's a lot to be excited about with him. He appears to have great floor general skills. The only downside has been his size, but there are rumors that he's bumped up a few inches.

It is absolutely perfect that he gets to spend his first year behind TJ.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I guess I was assuming AG and NJ declare (and maybe even RHJ). And the more I think about it, they may have better depth next year which could make a real difference in big games.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asu will be battling Wsu for last place

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PJC is walking into an ideal situation if you ask me. He won't have the pressure of having to come in and start right away because of TJ. I mean, what better of a role model would you want than a senior who's a pass first pg with post season experience. He will have the opportunity to come in and learn under TJ and help out with minutes without having to be the primary pg. He can prep for the following season, as he will be the guy who will be running the show when TJ leaves.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I won't get into hypothesizing about next year's lineup until it is set and we know who is staying and who is going...

... but what I will say is (and I think I speak for everybody when I say this) thank god that Kentucky did not win the title tonight. Not that I have any love for UConn, but any year that UK and Calipari go home without a title is good for college basketball. Five Freshmen first rounders should never beat a seasoned veteran team for a title. Ever. What they are doing down there at UK, losing 7-9 players via transfers and the draft every year and signing 5-6 one-and-done players, is making a mockery of the game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I won't get into hypothesizing about next year's lineup until it is set and we know who is staying and who is going...

... but what I will say is (and I think I speak for everybody when I say this) thank god that Kentucky did not win the title tonight. Not that I have any love for UConn, but any year that UK and Calipari go home without a title is good for college basketball. Five Freshmen first rounders should never beat a seasoned veteran team for a title. Ever. What they are doing down there at UK, losing 7-9 players via transfers and the draft every year and signing 5-6 one-and-done players, is making a mockery of the game.

Yep, anything to make two years ago an exception, and not the rule. Can't wait of OAD to be over. I miss games between two teams with boatloads of talent, experience, and coaching. One day we will look back and be thankful that we won't have to watch games without senior leadership on both sides of the ball, deep in March.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCONN now 4-0 in title games and have won all 4 in the last 15 years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, anything to make two years ago an exception, and not the rule. Can't wait of OAD to be over. I miss games between two teams with boatloads of talent, experience, and coaching. One day we will look back and be thankful that we won't have to watch games without senior leadership on both sides of the ball, deep in March.

Yeah, it makes me sick to think that some aau team could even get that close to winning the title. They got lucky against Wisconsin, who was much more deserving, the Badgers outplayed UK that game, no doubt.

Also, two years ago was not an exception because it was not the same type of team, not freshmen-dominated. Their best two players, Davis and Kidd-Gilcrest were Freshmen, and their PG was a freshman, but they won that year because they also had a senior and two sophomores in their 6-man rotation. Terrence Jones and Darius Miller were a big reason why they won.

This year their top-6 players are all freshmen one and doners. If they had won this game, it would have ruined the sport in so many ways. Glorified aau teams have no place holding the NCAA title trophy.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asu will be battling Wsu for last place

agreed, especially when we are talking about Gilling being our go to guy!!! Joke! What do you think about Carlino?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, especially when we are talking about Gilling being our go to guy!!! Joke! What do you think about Carlino?

What about Carlino? I know he's transferring, but is he considering ASU or something?

I actually went to the same High School as both Nick Johnson and Matt Carlino (along with Nick's brother, Chris who was a beast in HS) at Highland High way back when. Matt has a nice touch from outside, he can get sloppy with the ball at times, but he is pretty solid. He put up good numbers for BYU, but the dude has already transferred like 3 or 4 times... pretty crazy. IF ASU can land him that would help them not suck as much.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I think Kadeem Allen could surprise some people next year. He's someone to look out for, especially with Nick likely gone.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If NJ leaves, I already see Allen starting.
TJ/PK-J
KA/SJ/York
SJ/RH-J
Bash/Maybe C Vic.
Zeus/Bash/ Maybe C. Vic.
I think RHJ is going to countinue to get starter minutes off the bench and provide an instant spark.