• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 St. Louis Cardinals thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig was humiliated, as he should be. Most high-schoolers don't look that bad on that fly ball.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig was humiliated, as he should be. Most high-schoolers don't look that bad on that fly ball.

Hey, he got the job done even if he didn't get style points in the process!

Now it's on to Miami. I genuinely feel bad for Marlins fans...assuming there are any left. What a sad state of affairs that franchise has become (again). :gaah:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelby Miller >

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on this date back in 2002 when a 4 1/2 -hour closed-casket public viewing is held at Busch Stadium for Jack Buck, the 77-year-old Hall of Fame broadcaster, who died from complications following lung surgery. The bronze statue depicting him at the microphone outside the stadium is stuffed with cards, stuffed animals, photographs and other memorabilia in memory of the KMOX legend.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that it has been over a decade. In 2 days it will have been 11 years sine Darryl Kile passed.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that it has been over a decade. In 2 days it will have been 11 years sine Darryl Kile passed.

No kidding...has it really been eleven years? I remember when the ceremony at Busch Stadium was taking place, there was a picture of the procession (including the hearse) in the outfield while Darryl Kile was throwing on the mound, and then he died just a couple of days later. That was eery, and so tragic. At least when Jack Buck passed, we could celebrate a great life and his decades of contributions to the Cardinals organization. When Kile passed away, all I could think about was how he was struck down in his prime, far too soon, and I felt awful for his wife and three young children. And he was one of the true good guys on and off the field as well.

That was a profoundly sad time to be a Cardinals fan, not unlike it was when Stan Musial passed earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you said when JB died at least we could celebrate his life. When Stan died as sad as it was, the celebration was even greater. The DK passing though had no celebratory tone because he was far too young.

We were in the car driving from my aunts wedding to her reception when we heard the DK news. My other aunt made sure to round everyone up and swear everyone to silence because she didn't want it to ruin her mood on her wedding day. It was such a strange day emotionally.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals-Rangers series should be fun. Ill probably just watch it on TV to get the color commentary and the flashbacks

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals-Rangers series should be fun. Ill probably just watch it on TV to get the color commentary and the flashbacks

My memory seems to be failing my, can anyone remind me of what happened lsat time we played them?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory seems to be failing my, can anyone remind me of what happened lsat time we played them?

There were plenty of reminder flashbacks shown in last night's game. But that was because there wasn't much going on in the Cardinals half of the innings. :nod:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plenty of reminder flashbacks shown in last night's game. But that was because there wasn't much going on in the Cardinals half of the innings. :nod:

Eh, its June, I think we'll survive.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far and away the best run differential in baseball? Check
Currently 2nd place in the division? Check

ssdd

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cardinals finally meet up with the Albertross in Anaheim, and he struck out in his first at-bat. By the way, it was nice of the Angels fans that bothered to show up tonight to give Pujols a nice golf clap on his way into the batter's box. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter. I'm damn glad the Cardinals didn't commit that kind of money to Pujols, no matter how much he did for the team during his time here. They've been able to sign Beltran, Molina, and Wainwright, and since Pujols' production has been way down, it hasn't been all that hard to replace. And I'm also too not surprised that Pujols wound up as the DH not long after he began the second year on his 10-year contract, either. Pujols publicly stated that he wouldn't leave St. Louis just for more money, that it was all about winning. Yet he left after he appeared in his third World Series with the Cardinals and received his second World Series ring.

Lately Pujols has made statements, and local media apologists have been working on damage control as well. But nothing anyone says at this point will make me have one ounce of respect for Pujols.

Enjoy your Albertross, Anaheim!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols bought into the story that he was one of the greatest players ever, in the same vein with Ruth, Mays, Aaron. "Imagine, Albert," his inner voice (agent) told him, "one of the greatest ever!"

I would say that if Babe Ruth had been a free agent and had left the Yanks and signed with the Athletics, he'd be on the same level with Pujols. History makes players great, not their agents. I watch Angels games off and on on the MLB feed ... Albert is not a tough out now.

jayeteee

jayeteee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get an autograph from him for my son when the Cards came to CO and he was kind of a jerk. The only one that was signing autographs that day was Heathcliff Slocumb. LOL Big f'n deal.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get an autograph from him for my son when the Cards came to CO and he was kind of a jerk. The only one that was signing autographs that day was Heathcliff Slocumb. LOL Big f'n deal.

LOL @ Heathcliff Slocumb

Welcome to the site. :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols is really hurt. His strength used to be destroying fastballs and now he can't catch up to them.

Trout, on the other hand, is quite possibly the perfect player. Like a custom character from a video game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are really inconsistent so far this year. Too reliant on big innings

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Releasing Wiggington and trading Boggs in the same day could be a sign of things to come. Opening up 2 spots on the 40-man isn't something you do for no reason.